Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

PvE Magplar Rotation/Build?

Ohhgrizyyy
Ohhgrizyyy
✭✭✭✭
Wanting to swap my PvE Magsorc to PvP and I will need a PvP build to replace him so I'm gonna swap my Magplar around. I honestly don't want to run Spell Power Pots for sustain or sorcery as this build is honestly only to run 4 man content or maybe even VMA, That being said what is a good setup for Magplar on pve right now? I have a VMA Nirn Lightning, I have IA jewelry, I have Ilambris and Skoria. What's the best setup for more or less a "sustained dps" build? Im wanting still roughly 30k dps but I don't want need max dps for vma/dungeons or even insanely high for vdsa and I don't really want to rely on pots for good or decent sustain. Any advice/tips would be appreciated. I'd be completely new to Magplar.
Edited by Ohhgrizyyy on January 7, 2018 8:01PM
Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How to play magplar in end-game:

Roll a magsorc!
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can rely on the Structured Entropy (morph) from the mages guild skill line for major sorcery and 5 % extra health while slotted. Plus, if you have the might of the guild passive, activating entropy will give you empowerment (20% damage on next attack) I run master architect X5 and juli x 5 and a Domihaus ( head or shoulder )for extra resources.

I slot shards, wall of elements, and reflective light for dots

I slot force pulse and weave LA for range attacks on bosses and replace force pulse for jabs to take out trash mobs

I always run the sweep ultimate because it's cheap, pairs well with Master Architect, and sends out a pulse attack after activating it.

*Edit* Rotation: Shards, block cancel reflective light, weapon swap cancel wall of elements

Apply jabs for trash mobs or LA weave force pulse for bosses
    Edited by AbysmalGhul on January 7, 2018 9:29PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had good luck with 5 Julianos + 5 Mothers Sorrow. Maelstrom back bar, master or asylum front bar (with clench or crushing shock). I'll post some parses later, but reliably gets 38k on a dummy.

If you have an IA staff you can use that with 2 Valkyn Skoria instead of mothers sorrow, and the result will be about the same DPS.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had good luck with 5 Julianos + 5 Mothers Sorrow. Maelstrom back bar, master or asylum front bar (with clench or crushing shock). I'll post some parses later, but reliably gets 38k on a dummy.

If you have an IA staff you can use that with 2 Valkyn Skoria instead of mothers sorrow, and the result will be about the same DPS.

Rotation? Or is there any way to get a similar rotation with heavy attack in for sustain?
    Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
    Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
    Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
    Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
    Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I heavy attack for sustain. And I don't use sweeps at all, so it's a fully ranged DPS build. Bars are:

Front (Master Lightning): Shock Clench (spammable and DoT), Vampires Bane, Blazing Spear, Harness Magicka (or Ele Drain for Dummy), Inner Light, Elemental Rage

Back (Maelstrom Lightning): Purifying Light, Unstable Wall, Degeneration/Flex Spot, Radiant Oppression, Inner Light

Rotation varies, but I go to the back bar every 6s to cast wall and purifying light, and to proc a spell damage weapon enchant. Every 3rd rotation I refresh entropy too, then swap to front bar and refresh any DoTs that have ended (blazing, bane, or clench) and if they all look good on time I do a lightning heavy attack to fill 2s or a shock clench to fill 1s.

38.3_Magplar_1.png
    38.3_Magplar_2.png
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on January 7, 2018 11:19PM
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WrathOfInnos

What is this IA?? Surely you aren't talking about impreg armor or innate axiom?? I keep seeing IA discussed for mag dps but I can't figure out what set people are talking about
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good guesses, but IA in terms of magdps is most often going to be referring to Infallible Aether (from any of the three Craglorn trials).

Also I’m not sure this build would pull quite as high of numbers this patch, since the off balance uptime would be more than halved. Though I’d be interested if Innos has updated this build, as it’s cool to see what others are doing. I tried a few 3 mil parses with 2 pc zaan, 3 pc moondancer, 5 pc mechanical acuity, and perfected inferno front/maelstrom inferno back and got 35k. I can’t remember the exact rotation now, but I know it didn’t include heavy attacks. Maybe I’ll go back and add one to try some other variations, see what happens.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, IA is Infallible Aether. I haven't played with Magplar much in Dragon Bones. From other class builds, I would assume that fire enchant and flame wall are better than shock and lightning now. Also heavy attacks are not nearly as good after the off balance changes, so sweeps or force pulse is probably a better option.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are some different builds possible atm. they all differ in the spammable, but most other skills are the same.
    so all builds include spear shards, wall of elements and vampires bane. also puryfying light fits in a good rotation.
    in 4man content with a good dk tank and engulfing flames, there is the possibilty to run either two times flame staves or one flame and one lightning.
    two times flame staves work best with an AS flame staff and force pulse as spammable, backbarred best would be an msa inferno staff.
    if jabs are your spammable, i also would recommend one inferno staff for the single target skills and elemental blockade (if engulfing flames are provided). on the lightning staff jabs and spear shards.
    pre dragon bones the double clench build as pretty popular with an msa lightning staff and a master inferno staff. on both bars destructtive clench was slotted as a dot.
    as long as you have a lightning and a inferno staff, ilambris is probably the best setup, but in a double inferno staff setup skoria is probably best.
    remember that most magicka dds changed to msa inferno staff, since offbalance on bosses now is restricted and with engulfing flames fire blockade results in better dps than shock blockade.