The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jorunn the Skald-King Character Sliders

Yzalirk
Yzalirk
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

What are the sliders to make a toon look like Jorunn the Skald-King?

Thanks,
-Yzalirk
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have asked and asked, and wanted forever to have numerical values for the sliders, and be able to input character appearance with a code string of the values.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest fiddling around with it on the PTS.
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭

I wish it were available on PS4.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you can get his beard. Maybe you can now, but I remember people asking about this back at launch and the beard was not available then.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I fiddled around with it on the PTS. I could get the body and face shape looking similar, but you can't match the beard or hair. One problem I had was that the beard texture and color didn't seem to have same color as the "by Kyne its humid" hair, but that might be the terrible creation screen lighting.
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I don't think you can get his beard. Maybe you can now, but I remember people asking about this back at launch and the beard was not available then.

Hopefully they add his beard and hair! Same goes with Sai Sahan’s beard.

I fiddled around with it on the PTS. I could get the body and face shape looking similar, but you can't match the beard or hair. One problem I had was that the beard texture and color didn't seem to have same color as the "by Kyne its humid" hair, but that might be the terrible creation screen lighting.

Could you share sliders? It would help tremendously as I find it a bit difficult to replicate him behind his hair and beard. Same thing when I tried to replicate an Orc you find chopping wood in Orsinium. The Orc looks cool but I cannot seem to get good visuals of his face.

It could be the lighting or it could just be how the color is applied to the hair. I have noticed that with certain hair styles.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, not only is the resolution pretty low on the PTS, but I click the wrong button and lost my Jorunn look alike before I could write down the sliders, sorry!

I think I went for a more heroic face to start with, large, beaky nose, full lips, pretty squinted eyes, and he seems to have large hands from the pictures, and that's about all I remember. I just had a couple reference pictures up while I was trying to make him.

The hardest part is trying to guess how the character will look angry, since Jorunn often is.
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is okay, I am sure I will manage. There are some details I am unsure of, like cheekbone height and size, jaw size, skin tone, and the heights of the mouth, eyes, nose, etc.

For the head, did you go full heroic or mostly heroic on the angular or soft side?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yzalirk wrote: »
    That is okay, I am sure I will manage. There are some details I am unsure of, like cheekbone height and size, jaw size, skin tone, and the heights of the mouth, eyes, nose, etc.

For the head, did you go full heroic or mostly heroic on the angular or soft side?

I think heroic, with a little soft, but If definitely recommend playing around with it. The textures are pretty bad on the PTS, so it makes judging whether the face looks just right more difficult. The nice thing with Jorunn is that his beard and hair cover a lot of details.
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just an update: I think I got a pretty good clone so far but if someone could provide some screenshots of him, especially the face, that would be great. I could use some angles too for the nose.

Some facial features have me confused, particularly around the mouth.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you said you wanted Jorunn's Sliders, I thought you meant this:

tumblr_inline_o037wricPh1t433qq_500.png
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could someone please provide some screenshots of Jorunn’s face at different angles? All the pictures I found are him with some expression, mostly angry. Also some comparisons of the body if you are a Nord, not sure if he is maxed muscular and such.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could someone please provide some screenshots of Jorunn’s face at different angles? All the pictures I found are him with some expression, mostly angry. Also some comparisons of the body if you are a Nord, not sure if he is maxed muscular and such.

Maybe try looking at videos of his quests where he's active? Most of the pictures I see are his dialogue, where he's usually looking straight forward.

Here's a not-angry picture though.
    280px-Jorunn_the_Skald-King.png?version=c0b605f09fc75b6374a5a1e7e5e3c312

• Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe try looking at videos of his quests where he's active? Most of the pictures I see are his dialogue, where he's usually looking straight forward.

Here's a not-angry picture though.
    280px-Jorunn_the_Skald-King.png?version=c0b605f09fc75b6374a5a1e7e5e3c312

I have found only one video with a close up of his face.

Just looked up some videos of quests with Jorunn and took some screenshots during dialogue sequences. Only problems are that some of the videos were dark or had bad quality and that they do not have good side angles. I took screenshots when he turned his head so I can get an idea of the nose shape.

I also noticed that he is very short for a Nord. My guess is that his height is the shortest it can be. I am still unsure about his body shape.

I also submitted some tickets in-game asking what the sliders are. I highly doubt I will get the required response but I got my fingers crossed.
    Edited by Yzalirk on March 30, 2018 1:25AM