The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What is the best class and setup for running vMA endlessly without losing your mind?

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
As title says, I'm looking for something that will help me stop hating vMA on my stamblade because honestly F that place if you main one. LOL
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hear pet sorcs are easy. I'm good with templars (580k currently) so I find magplar with iceheart to be easy. Pair it with julianos or kagrenacs for an easy setup. That said, I've been at it for a long time so my definition of easy may be different.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet sorc easiest for sure. One pet is the tank, the other is healer, 3 people vma that’s how it made it so easy.
    Edited by akl77 on March 29, 2018 4:50AM
    Pc na
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    With pet sorc...i can watch netflix and play eso at the same time.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    I hear pet sorcs are easy. I'm good with templars (580k currently) so I find magplar with iceheart to be easy. Pair it with julianos or kagrenacs for an easy setup. That said, I've been at it for a long time so my definition of easy may be different.

Can really recommend Ice Heart. Makes everything less stressful.

I actually fell in love with magicka Warden for vMA. I nearly got flawless without even trying (stupid Ogrim), which I usually never come close to, even on my magsorc. The bear helps a lot, as does your healing (Living Trellis performed best for me). Then it's just AoEs and Crushing Shock and you're good.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    VMA is not hard if you dont lag.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have someone else do it
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the best class for anything in this game?
    You know the answer.
    Spoiler: It is sorcerer.
  • Nolphi
    Nolphi
    ✭✭✭
    On YT there is an easy VMA one bar mag pet sorc build which works really well. Just use that search term. If you are less lazy you can place deadric curse and elemental drain on the backbar for quicker boss fights. You will stil need to learn the mechanics but it doesnt get easier than this

Oh yah, the same video contains a full VMA run with the guy explaing mechanics, when to use ultis and sigils, etc. So you could even just copy-paste his actions
    Edited by Nolphi on March 29, 2018 5:53AM
    Clan Nolphi Family Gaming
    Follow @kingnolphi on twitter
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    Pet sorc easiest for sure. One pet is the tank, the other is healer, 3 people vma that’s how it made it so easy.

Does anybody actually run the Clannfear now, or are Familiar/Matriarch tanky enough?
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate petsorc. Spend half your time shielding then die to mechanics.

Stamsorc in VO spamming bloodthirst is the way to go.
    Edited by KingYogi415 on March 29, 2018 8:14AM
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Does anybody actually run the Clannfear now, or are Familiar/Matriarch tanky enough?

Volatile Familiar is enough and he is dann TOUGH ! You could use Twilight Tormentor together if you really like pet team lol , depends on your style .
    There is only 1 flex spot for Pet Sorc build , you could use inner light / Bound Aegis / Twilight Tormentor

I tried them all during testing and I like Inner Light the most .
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're gonna use the Twilight use the Matriarch. The utility of the big, instant, on demand heal far outweighs the situational extra damage from the Tormentor. Especially for solo content.

And yes the Familiar is quite tough and puts out stupid amounts of damage if used properly. No need to bring the Clanfail.
    Edited by Mindcr0w on March 29, 2018 8:37AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    What is the best class for anything in this game?
    You know the answer.
    Spoiler: It is sorcerer.

Bang on....for 2016...
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka nightblade. Easiest.
    Pet sorc with 1 or 2 pets second.
    Normal sorc without pet maybe 3rd. (never tried though)

I've complated vMA on my StamSorc twice. I only completed vMA 6 times so I'm not the most experienced. I find magblade really easy there, probably that will be my #1 vMA farm char.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bevik wrote: »

I've complated vMA on my StamSorc twice. I only completed vMA 6 times so I'm not the most experienced. I find magblade really easy there, probably that will be my #1 vMA farm char.

Have a magblade build you'd be willing to recommend? I've been prepping a petsorc, but I'm always interested in other possibilities.
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭

Have a magblade build you'd be willing to recommend? I've been prepping a petsorc, but I'm always interested in other possibilities.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-nightblade-build-pve/

I'm using the Gear 2 setup as I'm lucky enough to have Moondancer Fire Staff but you can just go double Julianos and try to get 4 pieces of Moondancer 3 jewelleries (blue do just fine) + 1 body piece (normal MoL not hard to farm). I have Moondancer Inferno Staff + vMA Inferno back bar now but before I was running Julianos staves so doable.

Mechanical Acuity is good for people who can do perfect rotations or react really fast when it procs. vMA is hard enough so I don't want 1 more extra thing to focus on.

CP setup is maybe not the perfect for vMA there, but I've done vMA 3 times on on my magblade so should be ok.

Using Witchmother brew and Apprentice Mundus, Refreshing Path morph instead of Twisting Path for extra healing.
    Edited by Bevik on March 29, 2018 11:01AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »

Volatile Familiar is enough and he is dann TOUGH ! You could use Twilight Tormentor together if you really like pet team lol , depends on your style .
    There is only 1 flex spot for Pet Sorc build , you could use inner light / Bound Aegis / Twilight Tormentor

I tried them all during testing and I like Inner Light the most .

Let me guess, the pets, liquid lightning, wall of zap?
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let me guess, the pets, liquid lightning, wall of zap?

And daedric prey
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should really just swallow my pride, respec my Breton stamsorc and grind the hell out of vMA.
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magick Sorcerer and magick Nightblade trivialize the whole thing.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People just say magicka sorcerer, but they're just parroting what was assumed back in 2016 when Crystal Frags stunned and did more damage, when Overload scaled to 1000 and no other class had destro ultimate, when shields lasted 20 seconds, when Critical Surge could refill your entire health bar with just one crit, etc.

The way the class's mechanics work (specifically crit surge), I'd go for a stam sorc over a mag sorc. Magicka NB is also easy.
    Warden laughs at anything ranged because of Shimmering Shield. Mag sorc is not the class I'd use to farm it, especially since on PC NA you can automatically get on the leadeboard with any other class just for finishing it (and thus free gold stuff).
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any class that can stack shields, I believe. Hence, seeing Flawless on sorcs running around is like fishing in a barrel. I ran it with my 2H DK, but it wasn't so fun or smooth. The Brawler, Forward Momentum and Resolving Vigor helped a bit with the DK. Oh yeah, spamming AC heavy attack/Dizzying Swing.. oh Lord..
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None, running anything like that will end up with a mindless zombie behind the keyboard/controller
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From personal experience it's stamsorc, petsorc, magblade as easiest 3.

Cannot comment on Warden
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-nightblade-build-pve/

I'm using the Gear 2 setup as I'm lucky enough to have Moondancer Fire Staff but you can just go double Julianos and try to get 4 pieces of Moondancer 3 jewelleries (blue do just fine) + 1 body piece (normal MoL not hard to farm). I have Moondancer Inferno Staff + vMA Inferno back bar now but before I was running Julianos staves so doable.

Mechanical Acuity is good for people who can do perfect rotations or react really fast when it procs. vMA is hard enough so I don't want 1 more extra thing to focus on.

CP setup is maybe not the perfect for vMA there, but I've done vMA 3 times on on my magblade so should be ok.

Using Witchmother brew and Apprentice Mundus, Refreshing Path morph instead of Twisting Path for extra healing.

I loved mechanical Acuity in vma but the blur effect when it procs made it really difficult to see mechanics. I wouldn't use it in vma again.
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recently got my first flawless on a Magblade with this setup

5 Pariah's (2 heavy + arcane jewelry with spell damage enchants)
    5 Mechanical Acuity (fire staff + 4 light armor)
    I piece light Kena

Merciless resolve, swallow soul, harness magicka, inner light, killers blade, staff ult

Twisting path, sap essence, blockade of storms, inner light, siphoning attacks, soul harvest

Breton with Witchmother's brew

It's extremely tanky and much like Magsorc you can survive the worst parts pretty easily if you alternate between the shield and swallow soul. The difference compared to Magsorc is single priority targets can be killed off faster as you basically weave light attacks between damaging skills the whole time.
  • POPSadopalis
    POPSadopalis
    ✭✭
    With pet sorc...i can watch netflix and play eso at the same time.

Lol, priceless...

Edited by POPSadopalis on March 29, 2018 2:48PM
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use a stamblade on PS4 and like others have said "lag" is the biggest problem. If you can a low lag connection knowing the mechanics and having a decent rotation should make it doable. (Not saying the first clear or two will be easy, they won't but it gets better with practice.)
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    As title says, I'm looking for something that will help me stop hating vMA on my stamblade because honestly F that place if you main one. LOL

Roll a magblade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAmKk1k-VM8

This is my farming build.

It used to be 5 mother sorrow + 5 julianos + 1 domihaus, but I've since switched it to 5 julianos + 4 moondacer + 1 domihaus + 1 molag kena + any resto staff on backbar. I'm using a vMA resto for the extra magicka sustain, as I'm finding myself running out of magicka quite fast after this last update, but the point is to not rely on vMA weapons, so any resto will do. Before I got a moondancer inferno I was using Mother Sorrow inferno + Mother Sorrow resto.

CP:

56 elfborn
    43 elemental expert
    56 master-at-arms
    37 spell erosion
    9 staff expert

whatever's left in blessed.

The build doesn't use dots so putting anything in thaumaturge is wasted points, but that also means it's not a build you'll use for score, as you won't be putting wall on gates and such. It's a loss in dps, but allows for more utility.

I use this build for very specific reasons, first and foremost because my internet is crap-on-a-stick, and also because I'm playing on a laptop, which means high latency and low fps. This build has been carefully crafted to ensure the highest chance to recover without too much effort, in case you find yourself unable to avoid mechanics, like archer's quick shot hitting you befre they're completely rendered, or mushrooms spawning under your feet, or a plethora of other fun things that could happen in vMA.

It's a farming build, and I'm a spider, so I'm not using crafted pots, but rather just regular trash magicka pots (the ones you get from mob drops).

Despite what people say, I found the magblade easier for my first completion than the pet sorc. Then again, I main magblade, not magsorc, so there's that. If you main a stamblade, the magblade is probably the easiest to jump to magicka, but the play style is different.

Hope this helps.
    Edited by Aisle9 on March 29, 2018 3:37PM
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It don’t matter what class and how fast you run, you get annoyed after 20 runs anyways.