Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Impact of new attunable tables on housing caps

Panomania
Panomania
✭✭✭✭
I understand that housing caps have to exist in order to conserve server resources. No issue with that! However, assuming there will be 3 new craftable sets with Summerset players who fill houses with every crafting table will need to lay down as many as 44 new tables for jewelcrafting. This is especially an issue for people using their own homes as a guild hall (since you still refuse to give us an actual guild hall system, which just plain suc stinks).

Honestly you need to either raise the cap on items in larger homes to compensate, or make craft tables, trans tables and maybe even mundus stones not count towards the furnishing cap.
Edited by Panomania on March 29, 2018 12:02PM
The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t have a formal guild anymore but I do have the Linchal Manor with crafting tables in it and my friends who still play use it as an impromtu guild hall. I think the attunable crafting tables are a waste to be honest. With changes and updates you can’t really know if what works today is going to work tomorrow. I just put the standard tables in for quick crafting. I also think you will spend a tremendous amount of crowns trying to please the masses with attunable tables (unless you have a PayPal set up or something and your guildies are helping fund your crown purchases).
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad the path that attuning crafting facilities took. Rather than having to warehouse rows and rows of more tables, what you purchase for sets should have simply gone into a drop down menu at your primary ONE SET of stations.

Each DLC and game crafting addition just highlights the folly of the present attunable system.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafting stations will have to evolve. I propose of area related stations instead of what we have atm. For example, one attunable crafting station would hold information on all craftable sets from the zone we carried it for attunement. This would significantly reduce the number of stations needed per house, giving us more room to decorate houses with other stuff, and would also make crafting in such environment less pain in the arse.
  • Shadowfell
    Shadowfell
    ✭✭
    I do have a guild but haven't done any attunable crafting stations - half the fun is going places to craft sets. In the guilds I am in that do have attuned stations it starts to get stupid with rows and rows of crafting stations and you spend as long looking for the crafting station you want as just going to where the crafting station is in the wild. May get the Imperial city ones as they are the only ones that are a pain in the backside to get to!
    Nine Trait Crafting Argonian Templar!

PSN James2908
    Guild: Stinkhorn Ridge Hoppers
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have to see how this plays out. In the mean time I'll bank my writ vouchers.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surragard wrote: »
    I don’t have a formal guild anymore but I do have the Linchal Manor with crafting tables in it and my friends who still play use it as an impromtu guild hall. I think the attunable crafting tables are a waste to be honest.

Obviously, you've never done master writs. Since I DO have access to a guild house with all the crafting stations, I save all my master writs until I get around 50, then head to the crafting area and bust them all out without having to teleport all over Tamriel. It's quite the time saver, and with Lazy Writ Crafter and Writ Worthy, this is cake. Takes about 5 mins to turn them all in at the NPC.
    Shadowfell wrote: »
    In the guilds I am in that do have attuned stations it starts to get stupid with rows and rows of crafting stations and you spend as long looking for the crafting station you want as just going to where the crafting station is in the wild.

Your guild needs to learn to sort them then. In my guild, they are all grouped together and sorted in alphabetical order.
    Edited by PlagueSD on March 29, 2018 2:40PM
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    @PlagueSD Really just depends on how hardcore you're grinding the writs. Yes its a time saver but you also invested either a lot of time, a lot of money, or both to get all those crafting tables. I personally don't think its worth it but to each their own.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @PlagueSD Really just depends on how hardcore you're grinding the writs. Yes its a time saver but you also invested either a lot of time, a lot of money, or both to get all those crafting tables. I personally don't think its worth it but to each their own.

You don't have to buy the attunable stations, you let someone else do it and join their guild. Most major guilds that sell in hubs have a hall with every station and mundus. I already pay them to sell, the master writ/mundus shortcut is just a bonus feature and not really a time investment on my part.

Armor Master, Morkuldin? No way that's quicker than going to an attunable station in a house.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish they'd just sell some sort of master attuned station for each craft that costs like 3K writs or something and you just put that one down and you can select whatever set you want from a drop down. Maybe still make a person go around to each crafting area and attune a station or pick up an item at that station in order to add it to the drop down list.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadowfell wrote: »
    In the guilds I am in that do have attuned stations it starts to get stupid with rows and rows of crafting stations and you spend as long looking for the crafting station you want as just going to where the crafting station is in the wild. May get the Imperial city ones as they are the only ones that are a pain in the backside to get to!

You don't have to buy the attunable stations, you let someone else do it and join their guild. Most major guilds that sell in hubs have a hall with every station and mundus. I already pay them to sell, the master writ/mundus shortcut is just a bonus feature and not really a time investment on my part.

Armor Master, Morkuldin? No way that's quicker than going to an attunable station in a house.

Exactly. We all "chip in" and donate master writs to get all the tables. It's not any one person's investment, it's everyone. In a guild of 500, if everyone donates 1 writ worth 15 vouchers, that's 7500 vouchers available for purchasing attunable crafting tables. At 250 vouchers per, that 30 tables or 10 "sets". With a guild working together, it's quite easy to get ALL the crafting stations with very little effort.

• Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly. We all "chip in" and donate master writs to get all the tables. It's not any one person's investment, it's everyone.

Yep. I just wish we could do that with everything for a guild hall (the house itself, mundus, etc) but ZOS refuses to add a guild housing system. But thats for another post.
    The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Panomania wrote: »
    with every crafting table will need to lay down as many as 44 new tables for jewelcrafting.

Has it been confirmed that there will be housing items for jewelry crafting?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    @WhiteCoatSyndrome

Don't think its been confirmed, maybe it will be like outfits - dye station changed so perhaps one of existing crafting stations will be be changed to include jewelery.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ajm1946 Thanks!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if they added it to the blacksmithing tables, but not holding my breath.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think for these instances guilds should really only get jewelry stations for DLC sets. Don't bother with base game sets, for your own sanity and wallet's sake