The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Two things I simply hate about the game

Owondyah
Owondyah
✭✭✭
Game is pretty much unrivaled in some of it's aspects but there are two things I really dislike.

Writing sometimes isn't enough so I placed my honest view on those things in this video.
Further more, you can't describe how "dumb" this scaling thing is done (at least for the leveling part of game)... simply can't describe it. You gotta witness the dumbness lol...

It's still probably my favorite mmo and this is by no means a HATEFUL post. I'd just like people to SEE the stuff instead of reading it. I believe in what I see ;) and I believe that this is not how it should be done as all i'm seeing here is kinda... dumb tbh :)

ZOS has proven that they can do better. I don't expect wonders, but I gotta try somehow. If you like something you gotta be loud about the things you don't like about the thing you like :) wow that sentence is... dumb...

anyways... here it is. Enjoy :)
THA VIDEOH

• Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not sure who would watch a 12m video just for two things someone hates. If you wrote 4 paragraphs at least you could have put a TLDR about those two things.

and about scaling, it's fine. It doesn't matter anyway since the real gameplay starts once level capped.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    Curious about what you consider to be the unrivaled aspects of this game because the writing and level scaling are two of the things that stand out from a mire of mmo stereotypes, from my perspective.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. RNG
    2. BOP

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Owondyah
    Owondyah
    ✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    not sure who would watch a 12m video just for two things someone hates. If you wrote 4 paragraphs at least you could have put a TLDR about those two things.

and about scaling, it's fine. It doesn't matter anyway since the real gameplay starts once level capped.

You got a point about tldr ;) But I disagree about scaling thing. Gear should matter from lvl1 to last cp in ENTIRE game. If it doesn't matter, why does it exist ?
    Hmm *** it, can't edit :pensive:

TLDR:

1. invisible walls
    2. gear or no gear - everything dies before you
    Edited by Owondyah on March 28, 2018 4:14PM
  • Owondyah
    Owondyah
    ✭✭✭
    Motherball wrote: »
    Curious about what you consider to be the unrivaled aspects of this game because the writing and level scaling are two of the things that stand out from a mire of mmo stereotypes, from my perspective.

Lore
    Every single god damn quest is fully narrated
    Every single npc in world I met so far is voiced over
    Freedom to build your character
    Map design (imo amazing, can't think of any game that has such unified world aesthetics while also keeping sense of world integrity. Always hated exiting the snow themed zone just to enter desert themed zone... duuh)
    Questing - there is simply no better questing experience anywhere in mmo world

Those are things I find as ESO's best selling points and the ones that can't be easily beaten by any other game that out there right now or it's about to come up...
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. RNG
    2. BOP

Is that the summary of the video?
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Owondyah
    Owondyah
    ✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    1. RNG
    2. BOP

nope, those are two things he hates lol
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    1. RNG
    2. BOP

Nope. Just the two things I hate about this game. ;)

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing i definitely hate about this forum is when people make threads to get views for their You Tube channel.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish YouTube wasn't a thing. I can't stand that everything has to be a long video about an issue that you could read in 2 minutes.
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't watched the video
    BUT
    how actually constructive are threads like this "two things I simply hate about the game"?

I don't care..
    if anything, I care about things you'd like to see improved in ESO.

PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you really like exploring that much to the point that the invisible walls break the game for you, you should really consider removing that addon that reveals the whole map before you even enter it :)

Also, don't sell your gear lol! You will need it for the end game content, which is pretty tough since the leveling is so easy you will be very underprepared in both skills and gear.

However I have to agree with you on one thing, the overland content is way too easy and ZOS should at least give us an option with increased difficulty and better loot.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish YouTube wasn't a thing. I can't stand that everything has to be a long video about an issue that you could read in 2 minutes.

marketing, most youtubers just say "today i ate an apple" in an 11 mins video. And the issue in this case could be read in two words
    1. RNG
    2. BOP

-PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how many clicks did you get on your YouTube

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]