The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The name of Summerset Isles

Saphayla
Saphayla
✭✭✭
So the isles that make up the Summerset Archipelago are called Summerset Isles. We know that the second largest isle of the archipelago is called Auridon, and according to the teaser of the new chapter, the biggest isle is called... Summerset Isle? So does it lack a specific name, making it a Summerset Isle among several Summerset Isles in the Summerset Archipelago? Is Auridon also an isle in the Summerset Isles, then? It's like the whole shabang with United Kingdom, Great Britain, British isles, etc. and I'm a little confused by it.

Also, it appears like we'll be getting a whole bunch of lore about Queen Ayrenn and Razum-Dar, which is nice.
Edited by Saphayla on March 21, 2018 9:05PM
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    Summerset Isle is the established name for the largest of the Summerset Isles. It is occasionally referred to as Alinor, which is also the name of its largest city, but that is only unfrequently.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, the largest of the Summerset Isles is Summerset Isle, also known as just Summerset, or "Alinor" to the Third Dominion.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • tyjoie
    tyjoie
    ✭✭
    The three largest isles in the Summerset Isles are(in order): Alinor(kinda), Auridon and Arteaum.

EDIT: Alinor is "technically" Summerset Isle but I personally will just be using Alinor.
    Edited by tyjoie on March 27, 2018 12:29PM
    Ex-Beta tester
    Playing since 2014
    Still a noob
    Green-Sap Loyalist
  • Saphayla
    Saphayla
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the Chapter only involves the main island or if we'll be able to travel to the smaller isles as well
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saphayla wrote: »
    I wonder if the Chapter only involves the main island or if we'll be able to travel to the smaller isles as well

Artaeum seems to be included as well.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saphayla wrote: »
    So the isles that make up the Summerset Archipelago are called Summerset Isles. We know that the second largest isle of the archipelago is called Auridon, and according to the teaser of the new chapter, the biggest isle is called... Summerset Isle? So does it lack a specific name, making it a Summerset Isle among several Summerset Isles in the Summerset Archipelago? Is Auridon also an isle in the Summerset Isles, then? It's like the whole shabang with United Kingdom, Great Britain, British isles, etc. and I'm a little confused by it.

Also, it appears like we'll be getting a whole bunch of lore about Queen Ayrenn and Razum-Dar, which is nice.

The Hawaiian Islands is named after the Big Island, also named Hawaii. Its not uncommon for a group of islands to be named after a larger island in the chain or group.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax