Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESOptimize - Fog removal and graphic improvement.

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The black bar seems to be a bug in the latest version. It doesn't seem to be reading the distant render settings properly. The last version (no longer working) would look fine out in Gold Coast.

Old version:
    bCDB4PN.jpg

I messaged Sorien, so hopefully he will have a fix for us.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    The black bar seems to be a bug in the latest version. It doesn't seem to be reading the distant render settings properly. The last version (no longer working) would look fine out in Gold Coast.

Old version:
    bCDB4PN.jpg

Ok. Thanks for the reply.

It does seem to have this problem in other zones as well. It was the same in Wrothgar when looking out over the distant ocean in the northern areas.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to pop in with a couple of screenshots. The background mountains and valleys don't seem to be half as pixelated as I remember. Take a look.

A view from the Ash mile gate towards IC:

Screenshot_20160610_111826.png

From the same spot looking north. Hey, I can see Ash quite clearly rather than purple fog!

Screenshot_20160610_111834.png

I prefer leaving DoF off personally. Also I am using Reshade 2.0 with only smaa and HDR on for more contrast and to get rid off the grey"overtone" that this (and so many other) games seem to have nowadays.

Edit: oops I goofed and uploaded the non-reshade versions. Here are the slightly modified versions.

eso1.jpg

eso2.jpg
    Edited by danno8 on June 10, 2016 4:48PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offence but fog exists to give the scene more depth. I don't think removing it completely improves the visuals. Good work on the color and other post effects though.

hehe.. keep telling yourself that @clockstopper97eb17_ESO the fog exists to lessen the work for ZOS and to allow them to have low LOD textures at far distances.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • pkarapan77
    pkarapan77
    Soul Shriven
    This ESOptimize seems to break steam controller with x-input analog stick gamepad. Launching launcher64.exe doesn't seem to play nice with steam overlay either.
  • Chaz0r
    Chaz0r
    Is this really okay to use? I think it hooks into the memory.
  • SerDinadan
    SerDinadan
    ✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    No offence but fog exists to give the scene more depth. I don't think removing it completely improves the visuals. Good work on the color and other post effects though.

hehe.. keep telling yourself that @clockstopper97eb17_ESO the fog exists to lessen the work for ZOS and to allow them to have low LOD textures at far distances.

Could they not have used DOF to mask low LOD? At least that way you wouldn't get odd looking weather, like sunny clear skies with fog. I wonder why they chose the fog method instead.
  • Jomoroon
    Jomoroon
    ✭✭
    Hi,

I keep getting "error loading hook64.dll"

what can i do?
  • james.resnerb14_ESO
    Followed the instructions and the difference I see is negligible. What am I doing wrong?

Without
    without.png

With:
    with.png
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »

Old version:
    bCDB4PN.jpg

@Phinix1 Hey, any update from Sorien on this?

I've been using Hook64 for a while and I love it. But just today noticed this big black bar in the Gold Coast as pointed out earlier in this thread. Wondering if this is going to be fixed at all.

Thanks!
  • EnviousStruggle
    EnviousStruggle
    ✭✭✭
    so i heard private version of this Launcher allow you to use protected functions!!!

why this topic still not deleted?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so i heard private version of this Launcher allow you to use protected functions!!!

why this topic still not deleted?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

There are all sorts of ways you can cheat at online games, why remove posts about perfectly acceptable graphics optimizers?
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't seem to get this to work. :( Extracted the ESOptimize files to the client folder, changed the dll as per instructions in the OP to play 64bit, but nothing happens.
    Edited by LordTareq on January 10, 2017 11:25PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    I can't seem to get this to work. :( Extracted the ESOptimize files to the client folder, changed the dll as per instructions in the OP to play 64bit, but nothing happens.

@LordTareq This thread is pretty old and you shouldn't need to do all the stuff the OP is talking about. Just go here : https://www.gamemodi.net/

and download the latest version of hook64 (it should be 1.5.3.4 under details tab of hook64.dll). Then just launch the version you like (x64 or x86) and you are done!

If you want to use reshade you can simply download it separately and use it as you normally would.

I just updated my version of hook64 today and everything works fine now without all the extra steps in the OP.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

@LordTareq This thread is pretty old and you shouldn't need to do all the stuff the OP is talking about. Just go here : https://www.gamemodi.net/

and download the latest version of hook64 (it should be 1.5.3.4 under details tab of hook64.dll). Then just launch the version you like (x64 or x86) and you are done!

If you want to use reshade you can simply download it separately and use it as you normally would.

I just updated my version of hook64 today and everything works fine now without all the extra steps in the OP.

It says 1.5.3.3 for me. And it gives me an error that eso.exe has stopped working. Can't find a .4 version anywhere.

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It says 1.5.3.3 for me. And it gives me an error that eso.exe has stopped working. Can't find a .4 version anywhere.

@LordTareq On this page, top right corner. The version is wrong on the page, but the download version is 1.5.3.4.

https://www.gamemodi.net/#hook64

edit: apparently according to Soris, 1.5.3.3 was broken for many people.
    Edited by danno8 on January 11, 2017 2:28AM
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it possible to simply push back the distance the fog starts to draw at? The vanilla game definitely looks bad in numerous locations (Cyrodiil especially) with such a short draw distance, but removing the fog entirely looks equally hideous.

It's genuinely a really nice atmospheric effect that ESO's fog produces. Mountains, towers, and tall trees (like Eldenroot) rise out above the fog so they can be seen from seemingly miles away. If there's a way to keep the fog in the game, just push it back a lot further, that would be perfect. I'm guessing this program can't do that?
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    Is it possible to simply push back the distance the fog starts to draw at? The vanilla game definitely looks bad in numerous locations (Cyrodiil especially) with such a short draw distance, but removing the fog entirely looks equally hideous.

It's genuinely a really nice atmospheric effect that ESO's fog produces. Mountains, towers, and tall trees (like Eldenroot) rise out above the fog so they can be seen from seemingly miles away. If there's a way to keep the fog in the game, just push it back a lot further, that would be perfect. I'm guessing this program can't do that?

That's what I have always wanted too. Unfortunately there are no variables present to make that kind of change to the fog. It is either on or off.
  • SirIronclad
    SirIronclad
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I have always wanted too. Unfortunately there are no variables present to make that kind of change to the fog. It is either on or off.

That really would be the easiest fix for the time being.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert What is ZOS's stance on this program? I'd love to use it to change graphical settings, but since I notice the "protected aspects of LUA being accessible" I'd like to be sure that I can't get into any trouble for using it to remove fog.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI for anyone trying this out, Homestead apparently has optimized it's SSE code which should give some improved performance in the game, but unfortunately busted this tool. Sorien is working on a fix but it mat be a week or two...
  • SirIronclad
    SirIronclad
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone notice visual changes in the game? I can't put my finger on it, but the game looks nicer and smoother. It feels more responsive and I could swear details and colours look better.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI for anyone trying this out, Homestead apparently has optimized it's SSE code which should give some improved performance in the game, but unfortunately busted this tool. Sorien is working on a fix but it mat be a week or two...

edit: Sorien has now fixed this. All rejoice!
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone notice visual changes in the game? I can't put my finger on it, but the game looks nicer and smoother. It feels more responsive and I could swear details and colours look better.

@SirIronclad, there is an issue for some where the game will play at higher settings than selected. Perhaps that is happening to you if you do not have it set at max settings. I have not played too much yet since Homestead (darn job keeps me too busy), but I did not notice any difference.
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    is it possible to use Sorien tweek on dragon bones ?