Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is your favorite Class and why?

yoshimagit
yoshimagit
Soul Shriven
Just wondering what everyone's favorite Class is and why they feel that way. Trying to get the blood flowing in this forum that isn't about how bad the set up is so far.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Sorcerer, I love Dragonknight.
    Sorcerer is just fun, great utility and can switch between some satisfying single target or aoe damage - and can also be a very good healer with its magicka management.
    Dragonknight reminds me of hitting things with maces in Skyrim and suits my usual playstyle of a tanky character who also likes hitting things. Also, dragonknight has some OP aoe and single target fire damage. :)
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently Im really enjoying the DragonKnight class. In a few days Ill probably start up a Nightblade and a Templar.

But for now. The DragonKnight just fits my Nord so well. I cant imagine having any other class as my Main.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Arawn
    Arawn
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer because i like to send my lightning and fire after them ;)
    Shocked and crispy, love it :P
    Edited by Arawn on March 30, 2014 9:16PM
  • yoshimagit
    yoshimagit
    Soul Shriven
    Haha, I to enjoy the DragonKnight, but during the beta I played the Templar, and just couldnt get into it. I tried, I really really did lol.
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    yoshimagit wrote: »
    Haha, I to enjoy the DragonKnight, but during the beta I played the Templar, and just couldnt get into it. I tried, I really really did lol.

I just started a Templar. I thought I would enjoy that class but at the moment I am not really sure...Tomorrow I will try out the other classes too. Maybe a sorcerer next...hmm...
    ~ ♥ ~
  • yoshimagit
    yoshimagit
    Soul Shriven
    [quote="Myrdreth;491823"
    I just started a Templar. I thought I would enjoy that class but at the moment I am not really sure...Tomorrow I will try out the other classes too. Maybe a sorcerer next...hmm...[/quote]

I feel the same way. My roommate who run with loves the Sorc. The 1 im actually afraid of is the Nightblade lol, dont know why just am
  • yoshimagit
    yoshimagit
    Soul Shriven
    New to this whole forum thing, can you tell
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New to this whole forum thing, can you tell

You must have deleted the square bracket on the quote. You put:
    [quote="Myrdreth;491823"

Just make that:
    "] instead of " at the end.
    Edited by Inversus on March 30, 2014 9:25PM
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • yoshimagit
    yoshimagit
    Soul Shriven
    Lol thanx
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    @yoshimagit

Don't worry about it. Everyone makes mistakes. I can still read your comment, that's all that matters! :)

I am afraid of the nightblade too! Just thinking about playing that class makes me nervous*haha* But I should give that class a try too....waaah... :#
    ~ ♥ ~
  • skylinedive
    I had a lot of fun with Nightblade in Beta (downloading regular game client now). I tend to be drawn to archer/ranger style characters.
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    I had a lot of fun with Nightblade in Beta (downloading regular game client now). I tend to be drawn to archer/ranger style characters.

Is the nightblade difficult to play?
    ~ ♥ ~
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myrdreth wrote: »

I wouldn't say the nightblade is difficult to play, all classes have similar combat mechanics.
    Many say that nightblade aren't as powerful as other classes, for instance their lack of syngergies, AoE and buffs. Nightblades do have some good abilities though, and it's certainly a viable choice in the game.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • yoshimagit
    yoshimagit
    Soul Shriven
    I thought the Nightblade was like the assassin...was I wrong?
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the Nightblade was like the assassin...was I wrong?

@yoshimagit
    Yeah, nightblade is pretty much the sneaky assassin sort of class.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only one that doesn't appeal to me is the Templar, I've tried everything else in the betas and It's sorcerer for me. As to why? It simply fits my RP better than anything else does.

I did like some of the skills of the DK, the pull in to kill was great if you were dual wielding.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• MistryssNite
    MistryssNite
    ✭✭✭
    Templar. I love healing people and I like some of the spells better than those the sorcerers have. 2nd consideration would be sorcerer, due to magic, of course. Plus, they have a scamp you can summon, which I love.
    Current main: Pe'tra
    Female Khajiit Templar of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Feel free to join her in questing ^.^
    It's just been a morning of death
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »

I wouldn't say the nightblade is difficult to play, all classes have similar combat mechanics.
    Many say that nightblade aren't as powerful as other classes, for instance their lack of syngergies, AoE and buffs. Nightblades do have some good abilities though, and it's certainly a viable choice in the game.

Today I tried to play a nightblade character. And it was fun! I enjoyed this class very much. More than the templar. I am surprised because I thought that the nightblade would be my least favorite class. Tomorrow I will try to play a sorceress next. And then the last class...can't wait :)
    ~ ♥ ~
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »

Today I tried to play a nightblade character. And it was fun! I enjoyed this class very much. More than the templar. I am surprised because I thought that the nightblade would be my least favorite class. Tomorrow I will try to play a sorceress next. And then the last class...can't wait :)

Sorcerer is fun. I was stuck between sorc and DK for a while, but sorc won out.
    Sorc can have virtually infinite magicka (good for healing, and damage) and has a lot of fun single target/aoe spells.
    So fun...
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter