Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Vampire questions

Bansidhe1965
It's my first char. here,I'm following Alcasts Mystic Mag/sorc build : https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-build-pve/

He recommends becoming a vampire ,I have read up on them and know about the 4 stages,feeding every six hours etc.

But I thought I'd ask how much hassle it is what with feeding,fire vulnerabilty etc.

Also if I buy it from crown store is it account wide or just that char. ?

Any tips on vamps or the build are welcome
The bridges burning behind us merely light our way forward PC-NA Main: Hepzebah Mag / sorc
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampirism is pretty popular. I’ve leveled...I don’t know...four characters through vampirism?

Feeding is not too much of a hassle. You sneak up behind a human npc and feed, much like the dark brotherhood blade of woe. Feeding on one npc resets you all the way back to vamp stage one. A lot of players stay at stage four and don’t feed at all.

The bonuses tend to outweigh the weaknesses, but it takes a bit to learn. For me, the fire susceptibility isn’t that noticeable, but the health recovery really is. You’ll rely on heals in battle a bit more. And as a sorc, probably keeping shields up.

Generally I prefer to wait until I’m vet to make a character a vamp. The line levels based on how much xp you earn based on how many vamp skills are on the bar (more skills slotted = faster vamp line leveling). When I go vamp I tend to want to work it up quickly...on a vet you can do this in an hour or two grinding. I made a level 30 character a vamp and it took forEVER to get the skill line up.

I don’t recommend buying this in the crown store. That gives you vamp on one character. But the game is old enough now that most vets have a vamp or two on their account, and people give bites for free. If you go to one of the vamp shrines (reapers is probably best) and put out a zone chat politely asking for a bite, someone will probably help you out. If you don’t get a response, try again later. I see requests this way all the time while doing writs, and if I have a bite ready I always go help new players out. You can offer to tip...but a lot of vets do bites for free now.

If you ever cure your vampirism on a character, you can do so without losing your vamp skill leveling (in case you turn it on again in the future). However, I believe it’s still the case that you should recast your skill points BEFORE curing vamp, otherwise any skill points spent on it end up locked away behind the cured vampirism, and if you wanted them back you’d have to go vamp again, recast, then cure again.
  • Bansidhe1965
    Thank you :)
    The bridges burning behind us merely light our way forward PC-NA Main: Hepzebah Mag / sorc
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10% recovery, reduced damage on low health, whats not to like. The fire damage isn't noticable generally however you can feed on most NPC's or take a bloody mara, I tend to just stay at Stage 4 unless we do a Vet dungeon or a trial with a lot of fire damage.

As said above I'd wait until CP before turning due to needing a LOT of xp to level this line up.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    I did my first play through with a vamp character. I don't recommend doing so.

Vamp is definitely worth the skills, but without CP to make up for the fire damage taken and wearing patched together armor, it will make your character especially susceptible to fire.

And this game contain a lot of fire....
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Feeding on one npc resets you all the way back to vamp stage one. A lot of players stay at stage four and don’t feed at all.

Is that true? I've just started playing ESO again after a long time. I swear that it used to be feeding once took you back 1 level.
    Edited by dan958 on March 27, 2018 9:04AM
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe it is only one level, but honestly, i run around as a 4 all the time anyway. The decreased damage under 30 really offsets the fire damage issue, and as long as you run vigor you can proc it and keep your health regening with an occasional drain (Which also can fill your ulti FYI).
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Zeni0s
    Zeni0s
    ✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    The line levels based on how much xp you earn based on how many vamp skills are on the bar (more skills slotted = faster vamp line leveling). When I go vamp I tend to want to work it up quickly...

Not entirely true. Your vampire skill line progress with your character's xp. You don't need a vampire skill at all. Daily dg + 3 pledges (unlocked lv45) and fiew ancors you're vampire 10 in two days!

• Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't need an ability slotted to level up Vampire skill line as it goes off Character XP. Best to get infected at later levels as it requires 1031428 xp which is easier at higher levels.

In context it's either level 3 -> 37 or 45 -> 50

Source(s): https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Vampirism_(achievement) | http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Leveling
    Edited by Sparr0w on March 27, 2018 10:04AM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you go vampire, keep an eye out for the Double Bloody Mara recipe - it's IIRC a Witches' Festival recipe that will knock your vampire stage back one for each you drink. Then you can craft a few whenever you're about to drop into a fire-heavy dungeon or Trial.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Bansidhe1965
    Thank you all for the info. :)