Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Eso gold edition removed?

GrizzlyBear
GrizzlyBear
✭✭
sry i never really bothered to ask about this till now. because i'm thinking of buying a secondary account.
So the elder scrolls online gold edition is removed.
and i see there's no imperial city dlc on the crown store website. does that mean everyone has access to imperial city? or what's up. because i am a bit confused here.

Crown store only has
Guilds and Glory: The 4-DLC Mega-Pack
Digital Imperial Edition Upgrade [so i guess this contains imperial city?]

Can someone maybe please link me at least to more information about what Guilds and Glory: The 4-DLC Mega-Pack and Digital Imperial Edition Upgrade contain?
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The descriptions of Guilds&Glory as well as Imperial in the crown store are quite comprehensive, so I wouldn't know what to add there.

Imperial Edition has nothing to do with Imperial City. Imperial Edition basically only unlocks Imperial as 10th playable race and gives you a white horse.

Gold Edition was only ever available in the eso shop, never in crown store, since gold edition was targeted at new players that didn't own the base game and therefore couldn't access the crown store.

It was replaced by the ESO collection, which includes the Gold Edition and Morrowind and Summerset.
    Edited by Leandor on March 23, 2018 10:29AM
  • GrizzlyBear
    GrizzlyBear
    ✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    The descriptions of Guilds&Glory as well as Imperial in the crown store are quite comprehensive, so I wouldn't know what to add there.

Imperial Edition has nothing to do with Imperial City. Imperial Edition basically only unlocks Imperial as 10th playable race and gives you a white horse.

Gold Edition was only ever available in the eso shop, never in crown store, since gold edition was targeted at new players that didn't own the base game and therefore couldn't access the crown store.

It was replaced by the ESO collection, which includes the Gold Edition and Morrowind and Summerset.

oh ok thanks. so basically collection edition is the best option.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want the second account to have lots of stuff to do, yes. You'd still need to get enough crowns to purchase Shadow of the Hist, Clockwork City, Horns of the Reach and Dragon Bones to have everything complete.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Gold Edition is the base game, plus the Guilds & Glory pack (which contains the Imperial City, Orsinium, Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood DLCs) and the palomino horse.

If you want the equivalent on a new account now you'll have to buy the base game, then buy the Guilds & Glory pack from the store and either buy a mount or level up to unlock the brown horse.

You can't buy the base game on it's own from the official site any more, but you can buy it with Morrowind at a discount, or buy the base game + Summerset and get Morrowind included for free - that's probably the best deal right now.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"