Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Any major changes in the last 9 months or so?

Tygerfire
Tygerfire
✭✭
After the hype of morrowind, I took a break from the game, but now I'm coming back, and was just curious if there were any major class or other changes in the past 9 months or so.

I noticed there is an outfit option in the settings, but I"m not sure the difference between this and the way things used to be.

Have any builds taken big hits or gotten buffs recently?

Anything of note?

thanks for any help.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka DK took a big hit last patch, the meta has shifted around a number of times since Morrowind so you're best checking Alcast, Tamriel Foundry, Deltia etc. for updated builds.

There have been several balance passes on classes so you would need to let us know which classes you play and which role/style to get a bit more focused information.

The new costume system lets you use motifs you know (on any character on the account) to create costumes, this can be done via an outfit station (replaced dye stations in the base world).

There has been new dungeons/trials, battle grounds got new maps (all of these require DLC purchases).

I am sure other things have slipped my mind though.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Transmutation: you can retrait weapon and armor now.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Tygerfire
    Tygerfire
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the quick answers and updates. The outfit system sounds really cool.... I feel better about obsessively collecting all those motifs now.

As for what I play, I have a stam/mag version of every class, but I usually main a mag sorc in pet build, or a Stamblade (although its build is a bit out of balance atm).

• Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Transmutation: you can retrait weapon and armor now.
    ???

Can you elaborate a bit more on this for me? This is new to me, as I've also returned after a 9 month hiatus (not by choice, sadly).
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They introduced a new craft station and currency with the Clockwork City DLC for the purpose of reassigning the trait on any armor or weapon, including MA weapons and monster sets.

The transmute station can only be found in the CWC zone or as a housing furnishing. Buying the station from the master writ vendor will cost you over a thousand writ vouchers. To transmute an item, your character must have the new trait reserched. You'll use up one trait stone and 50 transmute gems.

Transmute gems is the new currency. It's account wide and caps at 100, 200 if you have ESO+. 1 gem can randomly drop from a group dungeon boss. Completing a trial will give you 5 gems from the weekly quest reward. Rewards for the Worthy will randomly give you a gem geode, with the first one every 24 hours guaranteeing a geode per account. Geodes has between 4-25 gems. Earn 25,000 AP in your home campaign and the end of campaign reward will contain a geode with 50 gems for the 30 day, or 10 gems for the weekly.

Obviously, PvP is the easier way to earn gems. You can't bank geodes and any gems you receive over cap go to waste, but until you take the gems out of the geode, they don't count towards your cap. The best strategy is to pick a character to open your pvp reward mail and save any geodes in their inventory till you need the gems.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●