The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing creation engine query.

Aesthier
Aesthier
✭✭✭✭✭
I see a massive pit of possibilities to further develop and create profit for ESO through the housing sector that is at this time nowhere close to reaching its full potential.

Before I step in with any suggestions or further questions that may be entirely redundant I would ask:

The Creation Kit was released to purchasers of Skyrim for modding and creating new items and content. How similar if at all is the program your developers use to generate housing, dungeons, etc.? How hard would it be to adopt a file created in the Creation Kit to a workable file in the program you use to create new content in ESO?

I loved the Creation Kit, and while at this time it is only a hobby I enjoy the process of creating new player homes in it sometimes even more than playing the game.

Other than the strict quality control how much harder is it to create housing in the tool your developers use from someone designing homes in the creation kit?
  • Alagras
    Alagras
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree, and I would tend to think the same.

We dreamed of being architects and we got a doll house.

Also after designing the house I d like to build it myself with new skill lines like masonry etc..

I really can t see this happening though
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least give us some walls, roofs, stairs and dooors
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I wasn't really asking in the attempt of building our own homes from scratch in game, more like are the engines the same or close to the same.

If they are similar then perhaps they could bring certain other tools from the creation kit to the housing editor like size reduction or increase.

There are a plethora of items and things I would like to suggest but it all depends on how similar the toolkits are.

Edited by Aesthier on March 19, 2018 10:45PM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the meantime, might I suggest a few add-ons:

Immaculate Construction
    hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCNACELwBSFXyq4qpAwsIARUAAIhCGAFwAQ==&rs=AOn4CLBmQIURy2-mK4RoQDBqR2JIbCEnWw

Furniture Snap
    hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCNACELwBSFXyq4qpAwsIARUAAIhCGAFwAQ==&rs=AOn4CLDSYNl7p6R01-O5g_nZNOQXvUk3PA

Oops I Did It Again
    hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCNACELwBSFXyq4qpAwsIARUAAIhCGAFwAQ==&rs=AOn4CLBwWJubjIE7oQns3UMc4hHNK4GtpA

and Scaffold
    hqdefault.jpg
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really do like those addons however they have nothing to do with the point of the initial post.