The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Ebony Motif Should Be For Sale

Yzalirk
Yzalirk
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I just wanted to sort of suggest that the Ebony Motif be for sale in the Crown Store. To name a few reasons, I will start with the most obvious - you are required to be a master crafter in order to obtain it. As someone who likes to play on multiple characters, this is pretty tough. On PS4 NA, heard that it is estimated to be about 400,000 Gold. Now that is a lot of shekels. It is a very cool motif, probably my favorite one actually.

ZOS, of the few things I wish to be in the Crown Store, this is one of them. I feel it is reasonable to suggest as it takes a lot of time and/or gold to get this motif.

P.S. Also, completely irrelevant, but add Jorunn’s beard and hair as well as Sai Sahan’s beard! They are already assets in the game and I would gladly throw some shekels your way for them!

Thanks,
-Yzalirk
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reaction-Pic---I-agree.jpg
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yzalirk wrote: »
    ZOS, of the few things I wish to be in the Crown Store, this is one of them. I feel it is reasonable to suggest as it takes a lot of time and/or gold to get this motif.

Why would you want to spend real money on it when you can make 400k in the span of a few weeks
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

Why would you want to spend real money on it when you can make 400k in the span of a few weeks

400k should be a few days of focused farming at most, honestly.
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭

Good question. To be honest, I do not know the ins-and-outs out making gold. Most of the guides I have read are outdated from like two years ago. I also do not know the prices of specific things nor do I have access to top tier crafting materials. On top of that, it is tough to make all that gold when I get little play time.
    Nihility42 wrote: »

Farming of what? I assume you mean resource nodes and the like?
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it will be on the Crown store or in crates eventually.

Which is kind of a pity, it's one of the consistent factors keeping master writs worth it in the long run.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the full book for 250k (PC NA). Either way I wouldn't spend crowns on it, but to each their own.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Good question. To be honest, I do not know the ins-and-outs out making gold. Most of the guides I have read are outdated from like two years ago. I also do not know the prices of specific things nor do I have access to top tier crafting materials. On top of that, it is tough to make all that gold when I get little play time.
    Nihility42 wrote: »

Farming of what? I assume you mean resource nodes and the like?

"A few weeks" is an exceptionally generous time frame, even for people who've never done serious trading. Each full stack of raw metal ore sells for 10k each (price different between ore level are minimal), same with raw cloth materials. Columbine and Namira's Rot both sell for 10k per 50. Spend a few hours of the day running around an empty zone farming mats will usually net you at least 50k per day, and that's if you're not very gungho about it.
    Edited by Jhalin on March 21, 2018 5:54PM
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5,000 crowns lol. Each to their own i suppose...
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give it a few months itll be in clown crate