The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why do I have to rechoose ESO+ membership?

shaddomoth
shaddomoth
Soul Shriven
Looked into buying Sommerset Digital Collectors Edition.... but when it came to the purchase page, It wanted me to choose an ESP+ membership? I already have a membership.... that will renew on March 31, surely I don't have to screw that up to buy Sommerset?
  • shaddomoth
    shaddomoth
    Soul Shriven
    Oops... meant ESO+ in above post... tho Heaven knows I could use an ESP+ membership if one were available :)
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can edit your post, no need for another post. Its the round cog wheel on the top right of your screen.
    Edited by Fingolfinn01 on March 22, 2018 2:28AM
    PC-NA
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Just say "none" on the subscriptions page. Yes it's confusing and could have been explained better to ESO+ users who are worried they might lose their subs if they do this, but do it and you'll be fine;)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As said above just choose "none" and you'll be fine.

It won't cancel or change your sub in any way.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dont have to.

Its underhanded marketing that tries to make you assume its required. If you jump the gun or are easily led, they just nabbed another sub for x months and more money.

Its considered a dark pattern in marketing and its bad
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.