Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How do you feel about pvp? should there be more and smaller group possibilties?

pocketemu
pocketemu
I haven't had a chance to play the alliance wars as much as I want so far but It felt a little zergy as well as making left me as a night blade feeling a little inadequate in larger fights without going siphon bow or something.
Just wanted to hear peoples opinions.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small groups can do some damage, it's not completely about zergs.
    I think very small groups are a bit pointless, unless you just want to kill enemy strays. But, really, that's just how thing's work - it would be unrealistic if very small (e.g. 4 people groups) were able to do huge damage in the PvP.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • pocketemu
    pocketemu
    Well I was more referring to battlegrounds of any sort or arenas when talking about smaller groups. It could fit into the lore easily and I believe in cylrodiil there is already an arena made. Just wondering how the community felt.
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a lot of options to avoid zerg, if you want to go in small group and have fun this way, you can take resources around forts(farms, mines), or just set ambush and kill those returning to battle, try to destroy their siege weapons(for sure work best with small group) etc etc.

With map this size as we have, it is realy up to player to decide how they want to play in PVP. Which is very good thing. Same as small group, you can go solo, and try get skyshards/materials/ambush other single players. Again, your choice, options are almost endless.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a good idea. I think that's where we're heading with the possibility of the imperial arena in the center of cyrodil.
    Hopefully we can see small group battles there - that could be really fun.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • pocketemu
    pocketemu
    yeah i agree with the possibilities. Maybe it will seem alittle better when the population stabilizes. I tried to do some stuff alone however alot of the time people just ran to npcs or there weren't many options due to players in large groups.
    yeah I think so to and it would really open up the game to some more competitive players I feel. Some players can find things such as the alliance wars and trying to become emperor grindy and the smaller versions could allow some nice alternatives and consistent game play. I know not everyone has time to go roam around and find people but they simply enjoy pvp and would like to get on a game they like and do just that.
    also with games lik wildstar coming out and a new wow expansion I've had alot of friends say they feel eso will be more casual and they will play wildstar and II'd like som incentive for players like that to play this game as well.