Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can the Summerset quests please be somewhat challenging

DosPanchos
DosPanchos
✭✭✭
As the title states, I'd like to request new types of quests that pose a challenge and can't be accomplished by a four year old with some time on their hands.
I've said this before, but the overland content is too good to be this mind-numbingly easy. If the new Psijic order skill line is to be leveled up with quests then PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF A DEITY make the quests challenging!

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its the new starting zone like Morrowind was, I expect the content to be a similar level to Morrowind.

AKA challenging on my leveling toon with no CP, but super easy on my end-game-capable damage dealer. I mean, once you hit 15k+ DPS, overland content stops being challenging, much less higher DPS.
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed but I doubt that will happen. A new chapter will attract new players and they would most likely find the content too difficult - that's why DLC dungeons and trials exist for people who are looking for a challenge.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Op, do you play with non set green armor and weapons, no food, and sub 200 cp?

Because others do, and they need to be able to do the content as well :)
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If they are set for altmer they won´t be too hard.
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

If I had 0 cp and was naked the content would still be easy. There is an entire world full of stupidly easy content; how can this be contested? It's out of balance... experienced players want overland content, exploration and quests associated with it. The overland game is literally equivalent to a a game for toddlers - I wish that was sarcasm.

As a side note: There is a huge discrepancy with the difficulty of overland content: anyone who knows how to light or heavy attack weave mows down content no matter what level. Weaving IS A CORE MECHANIC of this game yet new players aren't taught how to do it so the game is a little harder for them but EXTREMELY easy for anyone with a little experience.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DosPanchos wrote: »

If I had 0 cp and was naked the content would still be easy. There is an entire world full of stupidly easy content; how can this be contested? It's out of balance... experienced players want overland content, exploration and quests associated with it. The overland game is literally equivalent to a a game for toddlers - I wish that was sarcasm.

As a side note: There is a huge discrepancy with the difficulty of overland content: anyone who knows how to light or heavy attack weave mows down content no matter what level. Weaving IS A CORE MECHANIC of this game yet new players aren't taught how to do it so the game is a little harder for them but EXTREMELY easy for anyone with a little experience.

Actually the level up tips now include advice about using a light attack in between every skill, so light attack weaving, at least, is now taught by the game.

There's a lot of things the game needs to get better at teaching, but its a step in the right direction.
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    Good to know, Varanis. It's definitely a step in the right direction.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Simply because if you want challenging content, that is what trials, dungeons and PvP are for.

Overland content is meant to be for players casually enjoying the story.

Not catering to your tailored specific requests. If you want storyline to be somewhat challenging, remove all CP, take off all your gear. There you go, enjoy.

New players will be forcd to start in the new zone similar to Morrowind where ALL new characters start off at. They are not going to make overland the hardest at the location that NEW players will begin at.

I swear if people just used 30 seconds of logical reasoning it would answer half of all forum questions
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s already been nerfed.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

so much for "scaling" lmao
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its such a shame new quest lines are way too easy, it takes away a lot fun from content that should be exciting to play.

ZOS should really consider a veteran mode for overland/quest content. How hard can it be to scale up enemies health and dmg?
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • jordan909
    jordan909
    Soul Shriven
    I agree I'm just flying through these quests and that vet option would be badass!!
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    No

Simply because if you want challenging content, that is what trials, dungeons and PvP are for.

Overland content is meant to be for players casually enjoying the story.

Not catering to your tailored specific requests. If you want storyline to be somewhat challenging, remove all CP, take off all your gear. There you go, enjoy.

New players will be forcd to start in the new zone similar to Morrowind where ALL new characters start off at. They are not going to make overland the hardest at the location that NEW players will begin at.

I swear if people just used 30 seconds of logical reasoning it would answer half of all forum questions

Thanks for your logical answers, but let's try this: since EVERY piece of overland content is designed for newbs (except maybe craglorn) isn't it reasonable to suggest making some overland content a little more difficult... especially since new players will be forced to start in the SAME ZONE? Logically, it makes sense to cater to the entire player base with the overland content since ES games are know for their great open world challenges and exploration. As I said before, it's out of balance.

• Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    They ARE! :(
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen