Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How do I make another account?

Minyassa
Minyassa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Do I have to make a whole new Steam account as well to purchase another copy of TESO and make another account for it? I looked in the Steam store and there doesn't seem to be an option for purchasing additional copies, but I know a lot of people have multiple accounts, and when I asked in chat the other day I got varied and confused answers from people who have not made new accounts for a few years (and apparently things have changed at some point between now and when the game came out). Halp please?
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not an expert, but I assume 'you' just need a 2nd email address, and to purchase a 2nd copy of the game to run.

I see you're running a PC, so thats easy enough to do.

I was thinking about this myself, but need to look into how much of a burden the 2nd copy running alongside the original copy would put on my Main Battle Computer so I could trade stuff back and forth.

It can't be too hard if bots can run a dozen at a time in a squad, so I assume my 2nd storage mule wouldn't bring my stuff to it's knees. You'd have to evaluate your own hardware....
    Edited by twev on March 23, 2018 2:41AM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I'm guessing I'll probably have to make another Steam account then, in order to purchase the game again, though I am not sure if there's a way to purchase it outside of Steam now.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its against TOS to run 2 copies ran by 1 person at the same time.. but correct me if im wrong.

2 accounts is no problem though
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't you *have* to buy another copy of the game in order to have another account? I wouldn't think they would want people to just have any number of accounts running on just one purchase.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Don't you *have* to buy another copy of the game in order to have another account? I wouldn't think they would want people to just have any number of accounts running on just one purchase.

You can have all the accounts that you can think of account names and email addresses for. No limits, as near as I can tell.

However, using those accounts to log into the game (on PC/Mac) does require that you buy the game, or take part in a free trial. In the latter case, you need to create the account through their free trial website. You cannot just go create an account and then use the free trial.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I will try that since I think there's a free trial going on now.