The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should trials have monster sets?

crobarXIII
crobarXIII
✭✭✭
With the introduction of jewelry crafting & the ability to improve jewelry I think that adding monster sets to trials would give players an incentive to do veteran trials. My idea on how I believe it should work would be that just like veteran dungeons monster helms will only drop in vet & from the last boss. As for monster shoulders, since there are no undaunted keys for trials, I think the weekly coffer from each trial would be a good way of getting shoulder pieces. I still not sure if vdsa, vma & vas since they are done for the weapons.

Here are a few ideas
Foundation Stone Atronach set
1 piece-weapon dmg
2 piece-10% chance when dealing dmg to launch a boulder dealing x amount of physical dmg & knocking them back. Can happen once every x seconds

Possessed Mantikora
1 piece-stamina
2 piece-10% chance when dealing dmg to drop a poison shard at enemy's location dealing x poison dmg every second for x seconds. Enemies inside the shard take x% more poison dmg from all poison dmg. Can happen once every x seconds

Ra Kotu
1 piece- stamina
2 piece-x% chance when dealing melee dmg to surround yourself with spinning blades dealing x physical dmg every second for x seconds. Can happen once every x seconds

Rakkhat
1 piece-magicka
2 piece-x% chance when dealing dot dmg to place an unstable void on an enemy, after x seconds the void explodes dealing x magic dmg to target & launching x void orbs out dealing x magic dmg. Can happen once every x seconds

As for the Assembly general not really to sure. I kind of wanted to go the Domihaus route & have it be decided based off of with stat is higher since the General has 2 stomp attacks & 2 hand attacks.

I know there's more stam based sets but I was trying to use boss mechanics for ideas.
Edited by crobarXIII on March 23, 2018 11:41AM
PS4-NA-1000+cp
Nightblade-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Nightblade-Argonian-Tank : Dragonknight-Imperial-Tank : Dragonknight-Darkelf-Magicka Dps
Sorcerer-Khajiit-Stamina Dps : Sorcerer-Highelf-Magicka Dps : Templar-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Templar-Highelf-Magicka Dps
Warden-Imperial-Tank : Warden-Highelf-Magicka Dps

Should trials have monster sets? 84 votes

Yes, trials should have monster sets.
46%
Bowserthomas1970b16_ESOSeptimus_MagnaCustos91ElrosahirXuhoraMrCray78moleculeApheriusZagnut123Zagnut123Blackbird_VTheDreamyWriteryukikenzoMic1007golfercbFischblutWolfkeksInhuman003AntonShanNidro 39 votes
No, trials shouldn't have monster sets
40%
AzuryaidkKaaldeinTanis-StormbinderAzraelKriegHidesFromSunfeyiiSarevoccMayraelCinbriYinmaigaoPeekachu99code65536vonScuzzmanSnowZeniaCasullardvaderSugaroverdoseTheDominionBohnT 34 votes
I don't care
13%
srfrogg23Taleof2CitiesgreyloxPink_ViolinzRehdaunKuramas9tailsSekeroZecramFakeFoxTelvanniWizardEnokariel 11 votes
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More gear options are always welcome, sounds cool to me.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ye, but AG could be something like ilambris/domihaus amalgam, but like in a frontal cone like selene
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care
    More gear is always nice, but I’m not going to hold my breath on that one...
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just more crap that gets a nerf soon, no need for that.
    in 2 patches jewelry crafting will be history too, mark my words!
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m saying no but just because I don’t wanna farm trials more so then I have to. If I had alternative ways of acquiring said gear then maybe
    PvP needs more love.
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im guessing you play stam lol.
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭
    Im guessing you play stam lol.
    I have 4 magicka dps & 3 stamina dps. Since monster sets in dungeons are also the same monster that's on the bust, I was just trying to use attacks of the monsters that are on those trial bust for ideas on what I think those sets should do.

PS4-NA-1000+cp
    Nightblade-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Nightblade-Argonian-Tank : Dragonknight-Imperial-Tank : Dragonknight-Darkelf-Magicka Dps
    Sorcerer-Khajiit-Stamina Dps : Sorcerer-Highelf-Magicka Dps : Templar-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Templar-Highelf-Magicka Dps
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care
    But we should have trial group finder.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The last thing you want is a bunch of clueless PVPers tryng to get into your trials groups/guilds just long enough to farm this stuff - then never be seen again.

The last thing I want is to have to farm end-game PVE content to get something I need for PVP (and to find a trials-running guild to help me - to then leave once I got what I wanted)

Unless of course they come up with monster sets that are completely useless in PVP.. Like maybe effects that only apply to or trigger against PVE bosses.. Then I have no problem whatsoever.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More proc sets. What could possibly go wrong.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if these sets would be pure pve thing. I don't want to be forced to run dozens of 12 man dungs just to be able to stay competetive in pvp.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you considered, that maybe with the introduction of jewelry crafting, that they may change how things drop today?

What if dungeon/trial set jewelry is changed to ONLY drop in Vet?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first thing OP is required to do with such a suggestion is actually explain how and why jewelry crafting brings about the need for trials to drop monster sets.

Considering the shoulder pieces are tied to daily pledges for dungeons it seems to be a huge stretch to make such a suggestion other than just the " I want it that way".
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    The last thing you want is a bunch of clueless PVPers tryng to get into your trials groups/guilds just long enough to farm this stuff - then never be seen again.

The last thing I want is to have to farm end-game PVE content to get something I need for PVP (and to find a trials-running guild to help me - to then leave once I got what I wanted)

Unless of course they come up with monster sets that are completely useless in PVP.. Like maybe effects that only apply to or trigger against PVE bosses.. Then I have no problem whatsoever.

edit: cause of that time it was late and didnt read the third paragraph :D
    Edited by BigBadVolk on March 25, 2018 12:19AM
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People complain about proc sets as it is and you want to add more proc sets?
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't care
    Not sure how good the idea for trial based monster sets really is, however I love your concepts for how they should work.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭

Well isn't the point of monster sets to inherent that monsters' power? What are your ideas on what these theoretical sets should do?

PS4-NA-1000+cp
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭

idk wrote: »
    The first thing OP is required to do with such a suggestion is actually explain how and why jewelry crafting brings about the need for trials to drop monster sets.

If jewelry crafting ends working the way I believe it will work & that is that you'll just be able to get the blue jewelry from normal & upgrade to gold & transmute if needed. Some players may opt to not run vet trials since they can just do easy mode & some rosters may not fill as a result. Don't get me wrong I myself would love if it was easier for me to get the gold jewelry I need for my 10 toons. I just don't want rosters to stop filling, I've been in a trials guild that little by little the rosters stopped filling & got to the point that guild didn't run a single trial for months & that wasn't fun.
    idk wrote: »
    Considering the shoulder pieces are tied to daily pledges for dungeons it seems to be a huge stretch to make such a suggestion other than just the " I want it that way".

I did mention a way of getting the shoulders & that's through the weekly coffers for each trial. You get 1 coffer per trial, per week per toon. You get the coffer weather you do it on vet or normal. So if I did each trial on normal or vet each week on everyone of my toons that means I'll get 10 of each shoulder every week.
    PS4-NA-1000+cp
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    @crobarXIII, you’re basing this whole thread on an assumption that jewelry crafting will have applications to Trials jewelry ... when we haven’t even seen the system rolled out yet. A bit of a stretch don’t you think?
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭
    @crobarXIII, you’re basing this whole thread on an assumption that jewelry crafting will have applications to Trials jewelry ... when we haven’t even seen the system rolled out yet. A bit of a stretch don’t you think?

Yes I am but I still like the idea of having more sets in the game. If you could add more sets in game, what kind of sets would you add & how would you acquire them?
    PS4-NA-1000+cp
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    crobarXIII wrote: »

Well isn't the point of monster sets to inherent that monsters' power? What are your ideas on what these theoretical sets should do?

It is but the point I'm making is that the monster sets fall under the scope of the oft complained about proc sets. Whenever ZOS add new group dungeons with the dungeon DLC people complain about the new helms that come with them because they add yet another combat related effect that can give someone an advantage that doesn't require skill. If you add more there will be more complaining on top of the existing complaints.

Say for example you make one for the Mage in AA. Lets say the 2pc has a knockback and deals damage to all within a distance of say 10 meters when the wearer's health drops below 15%. That would be simple and not that big of a deal. But say for Rakkhat you have the 2pc do the gatling attack that he does on a percentage chance proc. Guess what? People are going to complain because that thing has a range and pelts you with damage every second over a few seconds.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes if jewelry crafting is letting us level up to legendary then we should have monster sets in trials.
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rakkhat should proc dark barrage on the nearest enemy. That wouldn’t be complained about at all :wink:
    But I really like your ideas OP, just not sure how soon/if ever they’d be implemented. Especially keeping in mind the pvp playerbase, I’d rather sooner see “Monster” sets from pvp (and probably mostly for pvp, like the bgs sets) than more pve ones.
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

Something like this yes. IMO the Trial-Monstersets should have a kind of Buff against Dungeons and Trial monsters. So PVPers dont have to Grind a content they dont like.
    I'd love to see an introduction of a new Buffkind that synergies with major Slayer and major Aegis. Allthough problem is that only Major Slayer buff is used and Major Aegis is a more specific thing that gets used in certain Bossfights, eventually.
    But the potential of sets synergizing together is actually pretty strong in my opinion.
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭
    crobarXIII wrote: »

It is but the point I'm making is that the monster sets fall under the scope of the oft complained about proc sets. Whenever ZOS add new group dungeons with the dungeon DLC people complain about the new helms that come with them because they add yet another combat related effect that can give someone an advantage that doesn't require skill. If you add more there will be more complaining on top of the existing complaints.

Say for example you make one for the Mage in AA. Lets say the 2pc has a knockback and deals damage to all within a distance of say 10 meters when the wearer's health drops below 15%. That would be simple and not that big of a deal. But say for Rakkhat you have the 2pc do the gatling attack that he does on a percentage chance proc. Guess what? People are going to complain because that thing has a range and pelts you with damage every second over a few seconds.

That "Rakkhat" set your describing sounds like Zaan. I don't really pvp anymore but I'll do battle grounds every once in awhile. When I was in there last week I would just line of sight the zaan proc the same way I do with jesus beam & soul assault. Also your "mage" sets sounds like death's wind, draugr's heritage & dreamer's mantle, I don't remember ever hearing players complain about those sets.
    PS4-NA-1000+cp
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be really cool for trials to have their own monster sets, but I'd rather they be weapons instead of the helm/shoulder combo.
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • Zeni0s
    Zeni0s
    ✭✭
    Sweet idea! But Rakkat's meteors may be funnier.