The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What did Shalidor trade the High Elves?

BejaProphet
BejaProphet
✭✭✭✭✭
Just noticed in the mage guild quest line, Shalidor tells us that Eyevea was one of the islands of the summers isles. The high elves traded it to him for what he said where magical baubles of no real importance. But I'm thinking there is no way the high elves gave an isle of their beloved homeland lightly. Anybody know exactly what Shalidor gave them?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pure speculation, but...Staff of Magnus, maybe? Would explain how they got it, although that's an awful long time for that artifact to be staying in one place.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those baubles may have been of no real importance to Shalidor, but could have had significantly more importance for the Altmer.

I would guess items of historical or ancestral value, though I could not speculate as to what those might be. Perhaps Ayleid artifacts of some sort?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it was more profan, perhaps a magical border to keep unwanted visitors away from Summerset for so long!
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A pink unicorn.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A pink unicorn.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Money lots of money islands arnt cheap
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shalidor gave them Crowns.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what I'm hearing is that nobody who has read this thread yet knows. @Merlin13KAGL I think you might be on the right track, but think how hugely important they must have been. There is noway that the high elves give away a piece of the summerset Isles lightly!