The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Soon to play dungeon or else?

ForTheEmpire
I tried playing one of the early dungeons with lots of spiders in it. Each time I die at the very beginning, Is it that my character suck at damage dealing or dungeons nearly impossible to solo or it's too soon the play the dungeons ( level 32 Breton Templar )
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dungeons can be done solo, but not really for a new level 32 character.

Its not too early to do the dungeons but the idea is to do them with a group.

Once you're cp160 with proper gear you'll find it easier to try solo.
    Edited by LordGavus on March 23, 2018 7:42AM
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean Spindleclutch? That is a group dungeon, aimed at groups of 4 players. If you are experienced in playing your class, you'll be able to solo it (and many, but not all, of the other group dungeons), but in general they are not meant to be soloed.

That goes for all the dungeons you can also queue for in the group finder.
    Edited by feyii on March 23, 2018 7:45AM
  • ForTheEmpire
    feyii wrote: »
    Do you mean Spindleclutch? That is a group dungeon, aimed at groups of 4 players. If you are experienced in playing your class, you'll be able to solo it (and many, but not all, of the other group dungeons), but in general they are not meant to be soloed.

That goes for all the dungeons you can also queue for in the group finder.

Yes, Spindleclutch it is.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The easiest dungeon to solo is Banished Cells 1. Just note that the last boss has "feast balls" that heal him the way harvesters do, and shoot them down before they get to him.

My wife soloed that one before Level 40 -- but her character had good gear, good food, and max CP. It would be much, much harder on one's first character.

Magicka templars are good characters to solo with, in that it's hard to kill them until their magicka runs out. Skills that help keep the magicka from running out include but are not limited to:
    • Channeled Focus in the Restoring Light skill line.
    • Elemental Drain in the Destruction Staff skill line.
    • The last passive in the Destruction Staff skill line.

It's also very helpful to use either the restoration staff or destruction staff ultimate skill.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My wife soloed that one before Level 40 -- but her character had good gear, good food, and max CP. It would be much, much harder on one's first character.

Level 40 with 720 CP is a lot closer to a 720 CP character than it is to a level 40 no CP one. If you have the right gear, whether crafted or drops, about the only thing a true CP 720 has over a 40 / 720 is the monster mask / shoulder and maybe a weapon ultimate not yet unlocked at 40.

Soloing a group dungeon for a no CP level 32, while I'm sure its possible by really good players, is no small feat.