The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Superior frontbar for a Stamblade duelling build — DW vs. S&B?

TheYKcid
TheYKcid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Lately, the shortcomings of my open-world Stamblade build (2H frontbar) have become really apparent in duels—namely the slow, clunky heavy attacks, and the lack of readily-accessible pressure or buffs/debuffs in the skillline.

As such, I've been trying to theorycraft a proper duelling spec before I start investing time & gold into farming and upgrading new gear pieces, and am torn between these two choices for the frontbar:

1) S&B
  • Surprisingly strong (though costly) spammable damage via bash cancelling
  • Extremely potent buffs and debuffs in the form of heroic slash
  • Cheap and effective blockcasting—easy to go defensive while still putting out some pressure
  • Used effectively by Kodi to win a recent 5m duelling tournament on the Stamblade—works in practice

2) Dual-wield
  • Better base weapon damage & damage-modifying passives
  • Unbelievably high pressure from twin slashes + the axe bleed passive. Can be stacked even further using Master weapons
  • Extra enchant

Would love to hear everyone's opinions on, and experiences with, these two options!
Edited by TheYKcid on March 22, 2018 9:50AM
PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well considering its such a pain to level to 50. I just skyshard hunt and level the skill trees I could see using in any potential builds. This allows me to try out different builds with the same character, there are well over 300 skill points in the game.
    My Stamblade uses DW front bar 2H backbar.
    The problem with getting rid of 2H is that you need the skill Rally for healing and major Brutality. Perhaps when the new psijjic skill "meditate" is available I can try DW/SnB.
    Havent tried SnB on any character yet. Does it have enough defensive capabilities to get rid of rally?
    And you said you are dueling... so not Cyrodiil Im assuming. So the other person knows you are going to attack.. is your Back bar a bow?
    Isnt bow better for Ganking with a NB?
    You cant gank if they already know you are coming.
    Someone correct me if Im wrong, but I would imagine Bow isnt that great for duels and standing your ground as a NB.
    Options