Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Character bugged. Weapons swap no longer working.

danreed72_ESO
Platform: Xbox One
Server: North America
Gamertag: KataclyzmiK
Character: Klyzx
Level: 24

Issues:
Weapon swap doesn't work.
Can't assign skills on the skill screen. Weapon swap option doesn't work here either
When assigning a weapon to backup main hand and off hand, the main hand weapon remains checked and will show checked when looking at main hand and off main hand.

Note: I recently reset my skills and attributes at the alter and this is when I noticed the issue. Had no issues prior to resetting skills and attributes. This is only happening on one character. On my other character I'm able to do weapon swap. II tried resetting my skills again and I still have the same issue
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Platform: Xbox One
    Server: EU
    Gamertag: SupaSkrub
    Character: Melanie Manylegs
    Level: cp901

Almost identical issue as OP, Can't weapon/bar swap, character won't go into sneak. Tried all sensible methods other than deleting character.

Front Bar: running 4pc infallible aether (inferno staff), Backbar is a vMA lightning, problem was not there until i visited Outfitting stn (have no outfit equipped). attempting bar swap just makes character stow the equipped weapon.

Reported this issue in game using the tool available and have not received so much as an automated reply or even an aknowledgment in other threads that you know (or actually care) that this issue exists (that kind of says a lot in my opinion). I also reckon I'm wasting my time typing this out tbh.

You need a better function for bug reporting OR at least a message from a staff member to acknowledge that you have read the reports and are looking into it, its the polite thing to do.
    Edited by supaskrub on March 17, 2018 6:43PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are having issues with the weapon swap not working, please try the following:
    • Equip a different weapon in each slot
    • Try relogging into the game
    • Spam the attack button

If you are still having the issue after trying these, please contact customer support to open a support ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    If you are having issues with the weapon swap not working, please try the following:
    • Equip a different weapon in each slot
    • Try relogging into the game
    • Spam the attack button

If you are still having the issue after trying these, please contact customer support to open a support ticket.

Equip a different weapon in each slot Tried that, does not change the situation one bit, tried Duel Wield, different staffs, removing costume, removing and replacing weapons, respec of skills so that ability bars become empty etc Nothing changed at all.

Try relogging into the game Very first thing I did, and i've relogged into the game everyday also.. no change

Spam the attack button Tried that, but lets be honest even if that had worked would you consider it a fix?, The problem is the weapon swap function is bugged and needs fixing properly asking the user to "spam buttons" is not fixing the root cause.

If you are still having the issue after trying these, please contact customer support to open a support ticket.[/quote]

Used the report facility that ZOS provide ingame, received no reply as i said above in an earlier post in this thread and still have received no reply not even an automated one. At least you took the time to reply to this thread though so thats something I suppose. as you can tell i'm not quite happy that spamming a button could be considered a fix, that support has not even sent out an acknowledgement of my initial report
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @supaskrub

Please check your inbox for an update on your open support ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Thanks for the pm with the ticket number, its appreciated, I've managed to update support with answers to their questions.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spam the attack button... So you can kick us from the game for spamming a button...you've got to be kidding me?
  • ScarletWound
    ScarletWound
    Soul Shriven
    Was having this issue, here's what fixed it for me and hopefully will work for you too. Unequip both main and backup weapons. With no weapons equipped, go into your skills, press weapon swap a few times. Now go and equip your weapons. For me this fixed multiple issues I was having with equipping weapons, weapon swap, attributes not showing, etc. Hope it works for someone else!