Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Masterful Crafting Writ Tutorial

navra1ub17_ESO
Is there a detailed tutorial available on how to complete a masterful crafting writ? I would not prefer to watch another video which does not give details.

Thanks for your assistance.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Miss Bizz has quite a few "how-to" vids.

Doing a master writ is the same as doing a normal writ; you make what the writ specifies; set, style, trait, and improvement level for gear or weapons, the correct glyph level and potency, or whatever alchemy potion it requires.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best thing to do if you plan on doing many master writs is to join a guild with a "guild house" fully stocked with all attunable crafting stations. This saves you from venturing all over Tamriel (including into Imperial City) to find the crafting stations necessary to complete the writs. This also allows you to complete writs requiring DLC sets without owning the DLC (ex. Julianos / Wrothgar).

I generally:
    - stockpile 15-20 master writs
    - take pictures of the writ with my phone (saves me from exiting the crafting UI if I need to verify what I'm making)
    - craft each item/potion/glyph that I will need
    - travel to Rolis, accept writ - turn in writ - rinse - repeat

If you have a significant amount of enlightenment built up, I believe each master writ gives somewhere in the 32-35k exp range (with enlightenment) regardless of voucher reward, so I utilize this time to slot a bunch of skills that need leveled to boost them up. I've had sessions where I've gotten 2mil+ exp in a few minutes just from turning in master writs.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @navra1ub17_ESO

UESP has now added pages for the Master Writs at the bottom of this page. They also contain some nice data for the Consumables Master Writs.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crafting

The Master Writs are indeed an XP farm, especially during an XP event.

With ESO+, Enlightenment, XP booster and Event XP, on a CP160+ character I can get 245K+ on most medium to large writs.

Last event I got 11 CP just from Master Writs in less than an hour.
    Edited by SpAEkus on March 2, 2018 8:54PM
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    So I'm at level 50 for all 6 areas of crafting....thing is I got there by eventually just getting tired of doing writs...which to me are slow and tedious...by just collecting or buying stuff and deconstructing in order to advance crafting.

Now I'm wondering what is the most effective method to advance my crafting skills at this point? What kind of advancement is possible?

I've gotten most of the "whatevers" except Nirnhoned. Not sure how to get this.

Last writ I tried ended up being to make stuff at a lower level than I'm able to...so it wasn't that interesting.

So...I'm asking...what is the most effective route to take with crafting at this stage in order to advance it? Understand...that I won't likely know what you are talking about IF I haven't experienced it to some degree.

I've heard that you can buy writs...but not sure how to search a guild for them. What are they called? Writs? :)
    I know nutting....
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    I'll just answer myself: So how's it going dummy?

Or. I leveled crafting mostly by making stuff for 4 active characters...armor...weapons...foood...potions...glyphs...etc.

When I got tired of the writs...and wanted to finish leveling up...I just deconstructed stuff.

I find that at a certain point it probably doesn't pay in terms of exertion vs reward to take things to an extreme level...I can make most anything...and I learned most traits by finding and deconstructing stuff.

I've been playing this game for 2 years....and will possibly bail at the end of this year. So I need to reconfigure my expectations and start to wind things down some.....

I play the game for fun...not as a job or some strange competition.
    I know nutting....
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Deconning items is, imo, the best way to level crafting. If you do normal writs, you'll get intricate items as rewards [rng, of course]. The intricates add more experience. If you have a higher level character, all the non-ornate gear can be passed to your crafter; the higher the level item you decon, the faster you level.

For nirnhoned items, if you don't want to do the quest in Craglorn that will give you one random piece, either buy or farm nirncrux and ask a crafter to make items for you to research. Or look in the guild traders for the items and buy what you need to research.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @erliesc

Now I'm wondering what is the most effective method to advance my crafting skills at this point? What kind of advancement is possible?

I'm not sure what you are looking for? L50 is the highest level of each Crafting Skill Tree. If you mean the individual Crafting Passives of each tree, L50 will open them all to the highest level, just put all the skill points in them.

Do you have all the MOTIF whatevers? All the food/drink/furniture recipes? Have you harvested all the materials for the Crafting Achievements?

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crafting_Achievements

Last writ I tried ended up being to make stuff at a lower level than I'm able to...so it wasn't that interesting.

You can craft at every lower level if you are at the highest level in a crafting tree, unless you mean you just didn't have the lower level materials needed. You can just buy the materials if you can find them in stores.

If you are getting lower level writs with L50 in the tree, it means you haven't put any points into the various material level passives in each craft.

Sunshine Daydream's Guide to Crafting

Basic Crafting - ESO Reddit

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crafting

Edited by SpAEkus on March 6, 2018 2:16AM
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having 2 main problems:

* all my crafting has been done by my main character...am having a shortage of skill points

* I've collected over 2 mil in game gold...and I've developed various ways to make gold...making furniture/glyphs....including chasing down chests. Having problems selling enough stuff to avoid clogging up my game. Now selling to game vendors/deconstructing a fair amount even though I don't need to level up on my crafting any.

* At one time I sure I WISHED I had these problems....no longer need gold or crafting experience...guess it's back to quests. Might try the writs again.

Life in the game world is tough I tell you...just TOUGH ALL OVER!
    I know nutting....
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    erliesc wrote: »

* all my crafting has been done by my main character...am having a shortage of skill points

* I've collected over 2 mil in game gold...and I've developed various ways to make gold...making furniture/glyphs....including chasing down chests. Having problems selling enough stuff to avoid clogging up my game. Now selling to game vendors/deconstructing a fair amount even though I don't need to level up on my crafting any.

* At one time I sure I WISHED I had these problems....no longer need gold or crafting experience...guess it's back to quests. Might try the writs again.

In the beginning it is a personal preference type thing as to whether you use the skill points for combat/gameplay related things, or for crafting. You will level to a point where you'll have more skillpoints than you have skills/abilities to put them.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    You asked about search on guild traders for master writs.
    The easiest way I’ve found is at the bottom of the search screen put in gold level only master writs are gold so it cuts down on what you have to look through
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    erliesc wrote: »

In the beginning it is a personal preference type thing as to whether you use the skill points for combat/gameplay related things, or for crafting. You will level to a point where you'll have more skillpoints than you have skills/abilities to put them.

My crafter has one skill point and needs at least 10...another character has 15 or so and can't currently use any.

The crafter is finally managing to find a few...here and there...but they are scarce.
    I know nutting....
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    You asked about search on guild traders for master writs.
    The easiest way I’ve found is at the bottom of the search screen put in gold level only master writs are gold so it cuts down on what you have to look through

Not sure how you are searching...but I use MasterMerch...with the guild searches I can't find any writs...or a way to search for them. Still looking....

* Finally found one writ in one guild...looks like they are rare.
    Edited by erliesc on March 24, 2018 8:03PM
    I know nutting....