Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cheating/Exploit

Iskras
Iskras
✭✭✭
I would like to know about ZOS how the development and security measures against third-party softwares (the famous cheat) and exploits are going.

Ty
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rule #1 of software security: never trust the client.
    Rule #2 of software security: never share any information about internal software security with anybody not part of the company.

There are very good reasons for it: the more is shared, the more information hackers / exploiters will have about possible breaches.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskras wrote: »
    I would like to know about ZOS how the development and security measures against third-party softwares (the famous cheat) and exploits are going.

Ty

ZOS generally doesn't talk about their security measures, for reasons that are probably obvious. As much as we innocent players would like more transparency from ZOS, I assume that they see more value in keeping things private, whether thats because they want to protect countermeasures or hide vulnerabilities.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Iskras wrote: »

Ty

ZOS generally doesn't talk about their security measures, for reasons that are probably obvious. As much as we innocent players would like more transparency from ZOS, I assume that they see more value in keeping things private, whether thats because they want to protect countermeasures or hide vulnerabilities.

Really. U is right :)
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey boo

If you find any sweet hax please don’t use them. I don’t know what I’d do if you got banned.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Hey boo

If you find any sweet hax please don’t use them. I don’t know what I’d do if you got banned.

you'd look at score TRASH faction idiot!

joking. would not be the same without dear Iskras
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goshua wrote: »
    Hey boo

Iskras is my eGF. We’re pretty serious.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Fyaal
    Fyaal
    ✭✭✭
    Marginal!
    Fyaal - EP Stam DK Grand Overlord
    Invictus
    Nexus Haxus
    Hijinx
    IR
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Goshua wrote: »
    Hey boo

Iskras is my eGF. We’re pretty serious.

you're a brave man sir
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    - but it is curious how in recent months appeared some players with infinite resources, super speed, super tank's and super DMG and all this in one player. These 'magic sets', only these certain players have, no one else in game. Just concerned about the future of ESO. In AD chat, many people talk to other games, are tired of so many problems with bugs, exploiters, cheaters, etc ...
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    @vortexman11 (About that subject that you and I chatted amicably in the chat, harassment from a player - read this topic).
    Edited by Iskras on March 17, 2018 9:42AM
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    I was told if you have master daggers and you use the duel wield bleed skill, and then cloak, all ticks crit. Is that a cheat?

For the record I don't have master daggers, but I have been hit with 10k+ bleeds and was asking around.

Is this true and/or a cheat/exploit. Cheers.
    Edited by rimmidimdim on March 17, 2018 9:28PM
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was told if you have master daggers and you use the duel wield bleed skill, and then cloak, all ticks crit. Is that a cheat?

For the record I don't have master daggers, but I have been hit with 10k+ bleeds and was asking around.

Is this true and/or a cheat/exploit. Cheers.

Shadowy Disguise (cloak norph) makes your next attack a crit, which kind of semi-negates the need for the Master weapon type of dagger, as it increases your crit chance.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons