The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Who grabbed Hawke ?

• GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Severia wrote: »
    I wanted the name Nimchinoratanatatarblustulano but someone got to it before me :(
    You're joking, right?

Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Beryl no worries, I can see how others would feel entitled. For me though, all I can do is carry on... I still have @hawke :D
  • Sylwa
    Sylwa
    @hawke I hope the person contacts you and you can figure something out.

I ended up naming mine Petra tou Romiou, still wish I could have just Petra but I am over it, finally.
    ~Artesa~
    ~Petruska~
    ~Petra tou Romiou~
    ~Addictive~
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't like surnames or titles "of" can be a good modifier, with built-in RP, e.g. Wolfram of Winterhold.
  • Nerevariine
    Nerevariine
    Soul Shriven
    Created my character about 10 hours in. Managed to grab the name I wanted no problem -- I even ditched the surname =P
    "Life has no meaning a priori… It is up to you to give it a meaning."

― Jean-Paul Sartre
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution to stolen names: Last names.

Use a space, put in a last name you like, and bammo, you've got the first name you wanted.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylwa wrote: »
    @hawke I hope the person contacts you and you can figure something out.

I ended up naming mine Petra tou Romiou, still wish I could have just Petra but I am over it, finally.

Glad you got some resolution on this.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Can you not space and make a first and last name? You could in beta so not sure.
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can add a space, but I would like just plain ole Hawke....
  • Kanvindr
    Kanvindr
    Sadly your name is too common.. I know your pain.. Early in 1997, I took the name Kodiac (with a c at the and not a k on purpose) and I was the first on google trends or google with that name, with only my blog having the word. Then i got known in the Counter-strike community + the fact that people cant spell for ***, the name was taken more and more and then even if i came online one minute after the game gets released, someone took it.

Then I gave up last year and finally chose a new name.

Love,
    The now deceased Kodiac.
  • Sylwa
    Sylwa
    kijima wrote: »

Not anymore /sigh
    I went to recreate the character and in the 2 minutes it took me someone took that name. Back to the beginning :(

~Artesa~
    ~Petruska~
    ~Petra tou Romiou~
    ~Addictive~
  • Blackhorne
    Blackhorne
    ✭✭✭✭

Not anymore /sigh
    I went to recreate the character and in the 2 minutes it took me someone took that name. Back to the beginning :(

This is grounds for an improvement request if ever I saw one. When you create a character, it should request and if possible reserve the name you type as soon as you leave the text box (flagging it just as it does a too-short name if the name's already taken.)

Then you can take your time with the very in-depth character creation options and make the character you want, rather than rushing to get the name you want.
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think many people don't know they can use accents, hypens and spaces in their names.
    Also, getting a bit creative goes a long way.
    I had no problems whatsoever with my long chosen "Sir Cedric of Blackmoor" :sunglasses:
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i had a list with around 26 names i could try to pick.

Only lost the one i wanted the most , got all the others i tried , which makes me happy. I would say i was surprised to get so many well know names , but i was not , the server did open 1 hour before most expected it , so it was quite easy.

Problem now is picking a class and which name i will use on my main.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • MistryssNite
    MistryssNite
    ✭✭✭

Not anymore /sigh
    Are you sure it's not you? I thought there was a 24 hour hold on deleted names? Or, was that just rumor?
    Current main: Pe'tra
    Female Khajiit Templar of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Feel free to join her in questing ^.^
    It's just been a morning of death
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not anymore /sigh
    Are you sure it's not you? I thought there was a 24 hour hold on deleted names? Or, was that just rumor?

Nope there is no hold , if you delete a char , anyone can take the name.

The trick , is to first create/custom the char you want, then press back , delete the char you already got , and go fast just add the name.

Takes a few secs , which helps keeping the names :P.

Ot just have a friend who can keep the names for you while you create the char.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was just contacted by the person who has the name.. he is not interested. So this thread has completed its mission. Thank you all.

I am just glad he was civil about the matter :D
  • Sarajlija
    Sarajlija
    refelian wrote: »
    Hawke wrote: »
    I guess you didn't get yours either. :(

Still patching sadly, I'm hopeful I will get the name I want, but I guess a lot of good names or preferred options will be gone by the end of the day.

Wondering if I should make several characters before playing properly just to get the names I'd like! :s

I would recommend that. I got all my names straight :)