Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Rebreather - Stamina Warden Healer

Darkyne
Darkyne
Soul Shriven
Fgd14wa.png
The Rebreather
by Darkyne
I have written a detailed guide here so I will just write a short summary here.

Since ESO was released there never were real stamina healers and almost every stamina healer build on YouTube is a DPS/offHeal or misses points which are necessary in my opinion I think we have to get some good Stamina Healer builds. So I want to introduce you to my stamina Healer build “Rebreather”!

- Are stamina healers even viable?
Yes! In dungeons a stamina healer CAN be superior if he is played well and the player behind knows what he’s doing since stamina healing is way more challenging but also more rewarding than almost every magicka healer.

Some trials may be hard as a stamina healer and in trials like vHoF (veteran Halls of Fabrication) the tasks of a healer (e.g. purging) are very hard to fulfill due to the high magicka cost of purge and have to be completed by your group members. The Craglorn trials are doable with a stamina healer and vMoL (veteran Maw of Lorkhaj has been completed with a stamina healer by @Custos91.

- Is this a beginner friendly build?
No. Stamina healing isn’t easy and you need experience in healing in general as well as in ESO. I would recommend starting with a magicka Templar healer. It’s easier than healing with a stamina class. If you have experience with healing I suggest playing a stamina healer for the challenge and it’s potential. You should farm the gear before you start healing with this build.

Advantages:
  • Easy sustain
  • Good group damage increase
  • fast playstyle
  • great freedom choosing between sets
  • can use monster set

Disadvantages:
  • Lower Combat Prayer uptime
  • no "oh [snip]"-Button like Breath of Life
  • non-meta
  • beginner unfriendly

(PTS - Screenshot, but Stats are almost the same on Live Server)
tyG3MAP.png
self buffed Stats.

Detailed guide with gear setup, skill bar allocation, buff food, race choices, cp, etc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RSZbw-j4__Fd7pAKoDAq346E3UrYdgdEFBQcWzlFvEo/edit?usp=sharing

Give me some Feedback here

[Edited to remove profanity]
Edited by ZOS_KatP on March 20, 2018 3:24PM
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had my Soothing Spores hit for as hard as 15k before. I think that counts as an Oh S**t heal. Yes it is pretty fun, but it is a little hectic, because you have to stay in the middle so Vigor is hitting everyone and keep track of everyone because if you do need to Soothing Spore, then you need to know which direction. For me though, it was the standard Bow back bar DPS, lay my DoTs then back to the front hand HA spam until it was time for DoTs again lol.

I was just being the Healer on my DPS, not an actual Healer build like this one.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would try a stamina healer for the fun. I'll check your build.
  • Darkyne
    Darkyne
    Soul Shriven
    I've had my Soothing Spores hit for as hard as 15k before. I think that counts as an Oh S**t heal. Yes it is pretty fun, but it is a little hectic, because you have to stay in the middle so Vigor is hitting everyone and keep track of everyone because if you do need to Soothing Spore, then you need to know which direction. For me though, it was the standard Bow back bar DPS, lay my DoTs then back to the front hand HA spam until it was time for DoTs again lol.

I was just being the Healer on my DPS, not an actual Healer build like this one.

Yes that's true. Soothing Spores can hit very high but they aren't as easy to use as breath of life. For Vigor you have to stay close but you have a high range due to the morph echoing Vigor (15m).

I have a Bow for dungeons and a resto for Trials.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkyne wrote: »

Yes that's true. Soothing Spores can hit very high but they aren't as easy to use as breath of life. For Vigor you have to stay close but you have a high range due to the morph echoing Vigor (15m).

Oh true, I have resolving cause DPS lol. Why Resto? You have all your points in Stamina, what does the resto staff give? mag for those few skills?
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• Darkyne
    Darkyne
    Soul Shriven

Oh true, I have resolving cause DPS lol. Why Resto? You have all your points in Stamina, what does the resto staff give? mag for those few skills?

You need a restoration staff for minor Berserk (Combat Prayer). I wish there would be another way to buff your group with minor Berserk but there isn't another way.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You need a restoration staff for minor Berserk (Combat Prayer). I wish there would be another way to buff your group with minor Berserk but there isn't another way.

NB and Wardens can get it themselves. Over rated skill IMO, but that's a topic for another thread.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• Darkyne
    Darkyne
    Soul Shriven

NB and Wardens can get it themselves. Over rated skill IMO, but that's a topic for another thread.

Yes I could get it myself but I'm the healer so I don't deal a lots of damage. But Combat Prayer is really powerful.
    (2.7k DPS increase with a DPS of 35k and with 9 DD's in a Trial you get 24.3k DPS more or even more because of sets like sunderflame, Night Mothers Gaze and skills like Power of the Light.
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    Well thanks Dark for more or less forcing me to get my guide finished xD
    At least you agreed already on doing the structuring for me xD
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How is that superior to a Magicka based healer? Group support is definitively worse and if you want to support by doing damage you self you could just play a Magblade with SPC or something along those lines and be more effective. The maybe 10-15k of Endless Hail and Deadly Cloak a Magicka Healer usually also does passively.
    I'm not saying this build doesn't work, however it is simply inferior to meta builds in pretty much every way. As you already show in your guide, you always have to work around certain problems by including a staff and Magicka skills. Pretty much all your support is Magicka (Drain, Bubbles, Combatprayer, Blockade) so why not simply play Magicka in the first place? The answer is fun, I get that. But please don't sell this to us as being effective as it simply isn't.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Darkyne
    Darkyne
    Soul Shriven
    FakeFox wrote: »
    How is that superior to a Magicka based healer? Group support is definitively worse and if you want to support by doing damage you self you could just play a Magblade with SPC or something along those lines and be more effective. The maybe 10-15k of Endless Hail and Deadly Cloak a Magicka Healer usually also does passively.
    I'm not saying this build doesn't work, however it is simply inferior to meta builds in pretty much every way. As you already show in your guide, you always have to work around certain problems by including a staff and Magicka skills. Pretty much all your support is Magicka (Drain, Bubbles, Combatprayer, Blockade) so why not simply play Magicka in the first place? The answer is fun, I get that. But please don't sell this to us as being effective as it simply isn't.

As I said it CAN be superior to Magicka Builds in DUNGEONS because you can use Powerful Assault and SPC or Powerful Assault and Infallible Aether, both sets increase the groups DPS. Most meta Builds only use SPC.

So you have SPC(/Infallible Aether) + Powerful Assault + Combat Prayer (or Endless Hail) It's not about getting max DPS with this build but being able to heal your group and increase their DPS. Powerful Assault seems weak but it really isn't.

EDIT:
    A healer usualy doesn't have sustain issues but even if you would run out of magicka on this build you are still healing with stamina.
    Edited by Darkyne on March 18, 2018 4:15PM
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As I said it CAN be superior to Magicka Builds in DUNGEONS because you can use Powerful Assault and SPC or Powerful Assault and Infallible Aether, both sets increase the groups DPS. Most meta Builds only use SPC.

So you have SPC(/Infallible Aether) + Powerful Assault + Combat Prayer (or Endless Hail) It's not about getting max DPS with this build but being able to heal your group and increase their DPS. Powerful Assault seems weak but it really isn't.

EDIT:
    A healer usualy doesn't have sustain issues but even if you would run out of magicka on this build you are still healing with stamina.

A Magicka healer can run SPC + Aether/Jorvulds + Monsterset and you could even run Powerfull Aussault should you really want to so I don't see the benefit. SPC will in fact have higher uptimes as you have considerably more healing ticks per second. Further more the DPS is pretty much the same, just that magicka gives off balance and AOE minor voulnerability on top.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Darkyne
    Darkyne
    Soul Shriven

EDIT:

A Magicka healer can run SPC + Aether/Jorvulds + Monsterset and you could even run Powerfull Aussault should you really want to so I don't see the benefit. SPC will in fact have higher uptimes as you have considerably more healing ticks per second. Further more the DPS is pretty much the same, just that magicka gives off balance and AOE minor voulnerability on top.

My Build also provides minor vulnerabilty
  • Darkyne
    Darkyne
    Soul Shriven

EDIT:

In addition the uptime of vulnerabilty is quite low even on 12 man groups, with this build you have a uptime of 100%