Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Slow moving bug?

Jayman1000
Jayman1000
✭✭✭✭✭
I have this recurring issue for the past week where my character will begin moving very slowly. It's NOT walking, I have tested thoroughly to enable/disable walk/run mode and it is definately not walk mode that cause this. The character is also clearly using the run animation, but just really slowly. Using a mount the character is still very slow, the same when activating sprint.

Sometimes it happens every 10 minutes, sometimes it takes a few hours. The only I have found to fix it is to relog. People in zone chat suggested doing a full heavy attack or dodge roll or to reload UI, but none of that helps. Disabling all addons doesn't help either. Does anyone know anything about this bug? It's super annoying and I dont know why it has suddenly started happening.
Edited by Jayman1000 on January 31, 2018 11:04PM
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    I have this recurring issue for the past week where my character will begin moving very slowly. It's NOT walking, I have tested thoroughly to enable/disable walk/run mode and it is definately not walk mode that cause this. The character is also clearly using the run animation, but just really slowly. Using a mount the character is still very slow, the same when activating sprint.

Sometimes it happens every 10 minutes, sometimes it takes a few hours. The only I have found to fix it is to relog. People in zone chat suggested doing a full heavy attack or dodge roll or to reload UI, but none of that helps. Disabling all addons doesn't help either. Does anyone know anything about this bug? It's super annoying and I dont know why it has suddenly started happening.

This happens to me in PvP from time to time also, which is not good when you can't move around freely. It's like you're moving in slow motion. Sometimes the doge-roll trick works, but not all the time, hit or miss. When dodge-roll doesn't work then I just relog to fix. So the people in zone chat were right, the work-arounds just don't work all the time.

It's soooo annoying in PvP.

For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens from time to time. It's rare but annoying.

Things that work are, in order of success:

1. Fire an Emote
    2. Dodge Roll or use a Skill
    3. Port to a player in the group (not always possible and you don't always want to go back to the beginning and it does not always work)
    4. Log off and log back on again.

You almost always have to do #4. But the first two have worked occasionally and are quick to try, #3 can work as it is essentially a reload of the instance. Reload UI does not work, so don't even try that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions. The weird part is I have played for years without ever experiencing this. Then suddenly BAM! I have it ??
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »

Yeah I get perma snared in PVP too sometimes.
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    It happens to me a lot too. I'm on a heavy attack sorc build, and during heavy attacks, you are slowed down. The game sometimes thinks I'm still heavy attacking and usually doing one more heavy attack fixes the issue for me.
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    While we are at it, the game recently seems to miss a lot of events. I also have the camera randomly rotating at a constant speed after I move the mouse (like it's not registering that the movement stopped), or sometimes when I'm doing a light attack weave, it will do a full heavy attack instead (again, like not registering the mouse button up event...)
    Maybe all of this is related. Don't know.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to die to fix it, happens to me in PvP
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find this is from an npc or player dying while I was executing a skill - a heavy attack will fix it
  • Niobium
    Niobium
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a known bug.

This happened to a guildmate recently - every character was slow moving regardless of what they were doing. Nothing fixed it - in the end guildie put in a support ticket and whatever the issue was, was then resolved.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes allowing yourself to be CC'ed by an NPC, and then Breaking Free, fixes the glitch...

Sometimes it wont...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    happens to me as well often. its like a perma snare and really annoying in pvp.
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me in a dungeon the other day as a healer and caused some death. Fixed itself seemingly randomly as I limped towards the corpses.
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've only seen this (and experienced myself) being caused by lightning staff heavy attacks. And in that case doing other heavy attacks with the same type of staff can help. Not always on the first try, but after 2 or 3 it should. But since it's a channeled attack you have to find a target first :/
  • EdgarMoose
    Happens to me on
    - PS4
    - only in Arx Corinium
    - always after the first boss (the healing snake).

No chance to avoid the snare.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motherball wrote: »
    Happened to me in a dungeon the other day as a healer and caused some death. Fixed itself seemingly randomly as I limped towards the corpses.
    It happened to me yesterday in a dungeon as well. I was also the healer. Nobody died, though luckily, but one guy was far away from me and I couldn't get to him in time before he went down to half health. (He was standing away from the others.) If we'd been doing a final vet boss on hard mode, he would have died.

This slowing bug never used to happen. It only started just in the past week for me.

Edited by SydneyGrey on February 1, 2018 1:01PM
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to die to fix it, happens to me in PvP

haha that solution is ironically appropriate then in that when the issue occurs during pvp you're probably gonna die. "problem solved".
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Motherball wrote: »
    It happened to me yesterday in a dungeon as well. I was also the healer. Nobody died, though luckily, but one guy was far away from me and I couldn't get to him in time before he went down to half health. (He was standing away from the others.) If we'd been doing a final vet boss on hard mode, he would have died.

This slowing bug never used to happen. It only started just in the past week for me.

That's what I am seeing, I have played for years and it never happened, only in the past week have I had it at basically at least once per play session.
  • mingimingi
    mingimingi
    ✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »
    I've only seen this (and experienced myself) being caused by lightning staff heavy attacks. And in that case doing other heavy attacks with the same type of staff can help. Not always on the first try, but after 2 or 3 it should. But since it's a channeled attack you have to find a target first :/

Thank you! This worked perfectly:D Now I don't have to log out of cyro since the Q right now is 100+ :D
  • horizonxael
    horizonxael
    ✭✭
    ZOS_SarahHecker I have this problem continuously after a fight, sometimes it causes lightning sometimes I don't know what causes it, you can investigate thanks and very annoying I have to log off every time
  • horizonxael
    horizonxael
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

i'm having slow motion slow motion problems in the magician please fix this bug
    this is the same problem I have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B8Wgktayss
  • horizonxael
    horizonxael
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker I see that you care a lot about paying users compliments and I continue to die in the events because of your bugs and I can't complete a maelstorm vet
  • horizonxael
    horizonxael
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_FelipeF my pc goes in slow motion after I suffer a high damage https://metacafe.com/embed/11999140/bug-slowmotion-eso/
  • Titain
    Titain
    ✭✭✭
    sounds like nurf they did to immoveable.