The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[PS4]Console LAG IS GETTING WORSE AND WORSE

kelswong13
kelswong13
Soul Shriven
I'm really fed up with the disconnect, latency, fps lag issues in PS4 and feel like I need to start this thread here eventhough I can see countless discussion already being posted.

I play both ESO in PS4 and PC, both are on the NA Megaserver, however, for some reasons, eventhough I get 300-500ms (I live in south-east Asia) in pc I never get frustrating lags or fps drop or even a 2-3 seconds delay.

THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR PS4!!!!!!
The lag and spikes are getting unbearable now. I can't even enjoy the game properly anymore in PS4.

A good example would be Iluvamir dolmens in Auridon where most of the afk/farm bots are there, and it gets super lag when there's a crowd, 4-6 seconds delays/freeze then everything just fast forward. BUT WHY am I not getting this latency lag in PC? Aren't the server should be the same? Perhaps my internet sucks, but I have down: 30Mbps/ up: 10Mbps
It's really frustrating as I am a Bret Templar, sometimes I would just spam the buttons and the heal still wouldn't be registered and some of my teammates would die because of that...
This is a video where you can see I'm getting spikes/delay and almost died though I was already spamming the buttons.
youtu.be/WGT4Jzm01pQ

It just doesn't make sense why only consoles are getting this lousy performance. I can't say for Xbox though since I don;t have one. Don't even know if I want to pre-order morrowind for my PS4 since I can't even enjoy the game ): Sincerely hope ZoS will fix this issue.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kelswong13 wrote: »
    I'm really fed up with the disconnect, latency, fps lag issues in PS4 and feel like I need to start this thread here eventhough I can see countless discussion already being posted.

I play both ESO in PS4 and PC, both are on the NA Megaserver, however, for some reasons, eventhough I get 300-500ms (I live in south-east Asia) in pc I never get frustrating lags or fps drop or even a 2-3 seconds delay.

THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR PS4!!!!!!
    The lag and spikes are getting unbearable now. I can't even enjoy the game properly anymore in PS4.

A good example would be Iluvamir dolmens in Auridon where most of the afk/farm bots are there, and it gets super lag when there's a crowd, 4-6 seconds delays/freeze then everything just fast forward. BUT WHY am I not getting this latency lag in PC? Aren't the server should be the same? Perhaps my internet sucks, but I have down: 30Mbps/ up: 10Mbps
    It's really frustrating as I am a Bret Templar, sometimes I would just spam the buttons and the heal still wouldn't be registered and some of my teammates would die because of that...
    This is a video where you can see I'm getting spikes/delay and almost died though I was already spamming the buttons.
    youtu.be/WGT4Jzm01pQ

It just doesn't make sense why only consoles are getting this lousy performance. I can't say for Xbox though since I don;t have one. Don't even know if I want to pre-order morrowind for my PS4 since I can't even enjoy the game ): Sincerely hope ZoS will fix this issue.

Hi, may I suggest something? I'm unsure if it will help you. But it helped me 2 days ago. I'm on PS4 also. I've tried deleting game save, even tried deleting quests, unplug both internet and router. Even PS4. Restarted everything. Even tired /reloadui I still got sever lag. Where I couldn't even play. I usually freeze and must have valid internet connection error.

Even kicked me out every 8 minutes or so. I was about to give up and do something else. Eventhough my ping to server was 200ms. It's still playable. Until I had a thought. I wanted to see if rebuilding database on PS4 would help. It turns out, it fixed my problem and my sever lag got fixed.

Here is the link on how to rebuild PS4 database. I hope it helps like it did me.

http://www.gadgethelpline.com/rebuild-sony-ps4-database/
    Edited by Serjustin19 on April 11, 2017 3:30PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • kelswong13
    kelswong13
    Soul Shriven
    Hi, may I suggest something? I'm unsure if it will help you. But it helped me 2 days ago. I'm on PS4 also. I've tried deleting game save, even tried deleting quests, unplug both internet and router. Even PS4. Restarted everything. Even tired /reloadui I still got sever lag. Where I couldn't even play. I usually freeze and must have valid internet connection error.

Even kicked me out every 8 minutes or so. I was about to give up and do something else. Eventhough my ping to server was 200ms. It's still playable. Until I had a thought. I wanted to see if rebuilding database on PS4 would help. It turns out, it fixed my problem and my sever lag got fixed.

Here is the link on how to rebuild PS4 database. I hope it helps like it did me.

http://www.gadgethelpline.com/rebuild-sony-ps4-database/

I'll try it out and let you know if it works. Thanks!
  • kelswong13
    kelswong13
    Soul Shriven
    Rebuilding the database did not work. The lag/delay is still there. Did Vet Crucible and wiped out more than 10 times on the final boss because of the lag
  • chenbot
    chenbot
    ✭✭
    I play the PS4 NA a lot, and I honestly don't have any issues with lag.

How much disk space is free on your PS4?
  • kelswong13
    kelswong13
    Soul Shriven
    chenbot wrote: »
    I play the PS4 NA a lot, and I honestly don't have any issues with lag.

How much disk space is free on your PS4?

300+ GB

Honestly I only have 4 games installed in my ps4 lol
  • Furniture
    Furniture
    ✭✭
    kelswong13 wrote: »
    Rebuilding the database did not work. The lag/delay is still there. Did Vet Crucible and wiped out more than 10 times on the final boss because of the lag

Are you using charter/spectrum internet provider by chance?
  • chenbot
    chenbot
    ✭✭
    a friend of mine has spectrum and his wifi is absolute crap on the PS4. constant lags and connection disconnects. im using fios, and my connection is near perfect. no problems.

are you on wifi or hardwired, OP? not sure if the proPS4 has 5ghz, but the older PS4's can only connect at 2.4ghz. maybe that's the issue? if youre connected wifi, make sure your channel has the least interference. also might look into changing the DNS to google's open dns instead under the console settings.

• kelswong13
    kelswong13
    Soul Shriven
    chenbot wrote: »
    are you on wifi or hardwired, OP? not sure if the proPS4 has 5ghz, but the older PS4's can only connect at 2.4ghz. maybe that's the issue? if youre connected wifi, make sure your channel has the least interference. also might look into changing the DNS to google's open dns instead under the console settings.

I'm using hardwire, CAT7 ethernet cable.
    Tried using google DNS and OpenDNS, neither work.
    Funny thing is I'm getting this lag only in console, in my ESO pc, it's fine, no lag no whatsoever /:
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    IM trying this too. No solution. Getting worse and it never used to happen :( PS4 , Ethernet cable , tried rebuilding database, deleting saved files changing IP but nothing helps.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 4:45PM
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, same boat. Live in SEA and ps4 is really bad (had it on pc as well and was no better but that was launch)
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just fed up. This is unplayable. All these years and they can’t get it right. Not good enough ZOS. It really isn’t. We pay you money for this rubbish, we deserve better.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its abhorrent
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonight in lagodiil, bar swapping was atleast 5 sec delay when only versing groups of 10? Is the server a potato? Feels like it some days
  • Hostee
    Hostee
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodill is always been laggy since they switched everything to server side processing to fix the duper’s and cheaters some time ago.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, bout to rage quit pve for good and be strictly an outfit designer. I'm now having bar swap issues in pve worse than after dragon bones, this maintenance made it much worse for me. I'm using a brand new controller. No lag during skill use or anywhere else. I thought the overabundance of CCs angered me in this game...
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about server location based on player location.