The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

RnG in Dungeons and Trials and a suggestion on acquiring the gear you want

Thunderknuckles
Thunderknuckles
✭✭✭✭
Please keep in mind that this is ONLY a suggestion. :) What would you fellow players think of ZoS adding a feature in all dungeons and trials where you acquire a type of currency (or points, whatever) that you could eventually use to choose the specific item you're needing from whichever dungeon it is you're grinding? I'm not suggesting this should be fast, but it seems it'd be nice if you could work toward the option of choosing which item or items you want.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean like transmutation crystals where all you have to do is get the item in any trait?

I doubt ZOS is going to go farther and let you get specific items like a bow or lightning staff without grinding for them.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already thought about it and went with transmute crystals which imo is way better.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean like transmutation crystals where all you have to do is get the item in any trait?

I doubt ZOS is going to go farther and let you get specific items like a bow or lightning staff without grinding for them.

That's what I was suggesting, yes. There'd still be a grind, but you could work toward the exact item/s you're after.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    They already thought about it and went with transmute crystals which imo is way better.

I dunno, man. It gets awfully old running a dungeon over and over and over, ad nauseum, until you finally get, say, the rings or necklace (or whatever) you want.