The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Guild Store needs Search Function QOL

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I searched through guild traders til my eyes were bleeding trying to find Minotaur Daggers Motif last night. This is just silly having to do this still. If there was a search function where we could type stuff in would be so great.

It’s so bad trying to read the screen across the room. You know there are other platforms the game is on with no add on.
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should have been implemented a long time ago. Modders managed to get really good results, I can't figure out why they leave all the work on the shoulders of the modding community instead of implementing it themselves.
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus the ability to store specific filters combinations. Client side, if needed. The UI should be rethought and show more items and more details including price per unit sorting order...

Not going to happen from zos.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Advanced Filters and Text Search would go a long way to removing the frustration some people have with the Kiosk System. Adding in a way to save a few favorites or the last 5 searches would be icing on the cake.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree it needs a search box (type into)

The UI does need to be scrapped completely in favor of another setup.

Suggestion:
    It should mimic some of mobile shopping setups like eBay or Bestbuy where the top down approach is used with drop down boxes that pre-populate and stay saved.

The other issue is ZOS has inconsistently named items and continues to do so that’s why I’m not in favor of any type box entry

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 16, 2018 1:53PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another great QOL improvement would be a "shop list". When right-clicking an item in a store or in your inventory or even in chat, one would be afforded an option to "add this item to the shop list". Then there would be a tab in the guild store where only the items from the shop list would appear, if they are listed in the Guild's offers.
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    This should have been implemented a long time ago. Modders managed to get really good results, I can't figure out why they leave all the work on the shoulders of the modding community instead of implementing it themselves.

Greed and apathy, imo.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really is a shame that the search options are so primitive. I still haven't found where master writs are sold under (PS4) so I just search for Legendary items. I mean, you can filter provisioning when cooking (ingredients I have) but not to filter what motif I have learned and what I haven't in a guild store search. Hell, you cannot even toggle alchemy potions/poisons so we have to stick to pressing "X" (PS4) 25 times for 100 potions. So many small simple things to improve UI wise and ZOS overlooks it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • NewBlacksmurf
      NewBlacksmurf
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Another great QOL improvement would be a "shop list". When right-clicking an item in a store or in your inventory or even in chat, one would be afforded an option to "add this item to the shop list". Then there would be a tab in the guild store where only the items from the shop list would appear, if they are listed in the Guild's offers.

I think this would need to be PC add-on only, just my opinion tho
      -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
      ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    • phileunderx2
      phileunderx2
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      at least let us look for motifs by type.. chest, legs, feet, staves and so on. how it is now is terrible as everything is lumped together and you have to wade through so many non relevant choices to maybe find what you want.
    • kylewwefan
      kylewwefan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      at least let us look for motifs by type.. chest, legs, feet, staves and so on. how it is now is terrible as everything is lumped together and you have to wade through so many non relevant choices to maybe find what you want.

Yes. That would help out a lot.
    • geonsocal
      geonsocal
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      kylewwefan wrote: »
      I searched through guild traders til my eyes were bleeding trying to find Minotaur Daggers Motif last night. This is just silly having to do this still. If there was a search function where we could type stuff in would be so great.

It’s so bad trying to read the screen across the room. You know there are other platforms the game is on with no add on.

preach :)

I spend way too much time going through guild vendor inventories - it can be painful - literally...

help save our eyesight please zos...
      PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    • mikemacon
      mikemacon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes.

For the love of Mara, yes.
    • Aeph
      Aeph
      ✭✭✭
      Agree, it’s so annoying on Xbox, even to be able to sort by style (e.g. Minotaur) and piece (e.g. legs) would be so helpful.
    • DeadlyPhoenix
      DeadlyPhoenix
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Should have never been implemented this way in the first place. It was poor development and planning on their part or they legitimately put it in to squeeze every second they could out of their player base.

They knew that guild traders would be big, with 500 members selling 30 items each that's a potential of 15,000 items being listed. Not giving a proper search feature but instead just a composite of similar items you have to scroll through to find the one you want is highly questionable as with a lot of other things this company has done.

I'm not a ZOS basher, but we have been asking for a search feature since console launch. You gave us zone chat finally, now please update your out of touch and out of date guild trader system.

Edit:
      Also to note, I know you already gave us more search criteria for guild traders to narrow it down further, but we need a proper search feature by keyword. 100s of rings and motifs. You can only sort by quality and traits for jewelry which is very tedious to look through a huge list of purple names.

Edit 2:
      Haha sorry this also brings up the question again about whether or not ZOS employees actually play their game.... Surely if they did they would have fixed something so time consuming and annoying a loooooooong time ago!!!! I jest, but it is funny to think....
      Edited by DeadlyPhoenix on March 17, 2018 2:30PM
    • pattyLtd
      pattyLtd
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes, this would be a great improvement imo.
      Scrolling endless lists is so 2010.
      Trying to find 1 specific item over 10 kiosks causes motion sickness (not sure if right translation).

Furnishing purchase tab has it so it shouldnt even be that much hassle to put it in kiosks to maybe).
      English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm