The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

OCD strikes again... spell cost and mana pool quesiton

valkaneer2b14_ESO
valkaneer2b14_ESO
✭✭✭
Does anyone know how big a normal mana pool would be generally at lvl 50 or what the cost of spells are? I have been trying to determine what will be more useful to me at end game, Spellcharge or Magicka Mastery, but without knowing the cost of max spells or if mana pools it is impossible to know if I can regen enough to keep up with a 3% reduction in cost.

I have heard of soft caps for these type of things, but I have no idea how they work or where the soft caps are. I was rolling Breton and hit lvl 7, but my OCD keeps telling me Bretons are not in the Dominion and it's just wrong to play one in the Dominion, atm I have no intention of playing another faction. Also in the same token and how close can enchants come to balancing it out.

BTW don't know if it matters or not, but in this case i'm a Templar.
Edited by valkaneer2b14_ESO on March 31, 2014 3:49AM
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    I think you should play what feels right and apply attributes as you need them. There will no doubt be a respec tool later on. There is no reason to believe that a bunch of new players will be stuck with how they build their toon when the game first launches. But if it's anything like the single player elder scrolls games, mana is a center piece.
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • DV_Cypher
    DV_Cypher
    I think that the combat regen is going to be the name of the game at 50. Just my personal opinion, but I imagine it will play out somewhat like WOW where in situations such as PVP combat is a constant and there may not be much time for regen. The same may also be true for end game PvE, but I think that overall he (^) nailed it, just try some things out and play what feels right! Hell make the meta for yourself at this point!
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Albert Einstein
  • valkaneer2b14_ESO
    valkaneer2b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well I know regen is king in Wow, but here is where it is different in this game. You can spam any spell till your energy bar is empty and as I can see it at the moment that happens pretty quickly. In Wow 1 min of straight casting is a very short duration. In this game that seems like it would be an eternity. Right now I have only put points into Magicka and at lvl 7 I have 280 magicka, my rank IV Rushed Ceremony cost 108, and Rank IV Grand Healing is 83, already.
    Edited by valkaneer2b14_ESO on March 31, 2014 7:45AM