The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Loving The New Battlegrounds Experience/Some Suggestions and Issues

Apache_Kid
Apache_Kid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Just wanted to say that I have really enjoyed the changes to BGs made in the Dragon Bones update. Now that the AP earned is somewhat equal to what I can gain in Cyrodiil in a similar amount of time, I no longer feel that I am wasting my time playing BGs.

Also now that CP has been removed, Objective style Game-modes such as capture the relic and Chaosball are more fun because tank builds are not over-performing by holding on to relics for the entire match, etc.

Crazy King has quickly become my favorite game-mode other than deathmatch as well. The new maps that have come out recently are also great.

However there are a few issues that I have noticed with BGs on Xbox, the most annoying one being that sometimes, matches are starting with not all 3 teams having 4 people. This is not because someone left before the match start of it as many times I will load into a game, 1 or 2 teammates load in, then the match starts with us out-numbered. Please make it to where the count-down timer will stop and the match will not start until all teams have 4 people.

Another issue is that since you guys introduced the chat channels disappearing bug on Xbox during the CwC patch (which you have still not fixed in 4 months), every time you go into a BGs match, you have the possibility of completely losing the group chat channel. This can mean the difference between a win and a loss as communication is important especially in the objective game-modes.

Overall, the Battlegrounds experience is much improved since the update and I have spent much time in there. I would spend even more time in there if I didn't get so frustrated at the chat channel situation.

Edit: One last thing, I do feel that the current animation a player has to go through to pick up a relic is too long. It is way too easy to interrupt the player and defense has become too easy to play in capture the relic leading to some long matches every time. I would recommend cutting the animation in half.
Edited by Apache_Kid on March 14, 2018 1:41PM
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Edit: One last thing, I do feel that the current animation a player has to go through to pick up a relic is too long. It is way too easy to interrupt the player and defense has become too easy to play in capture the relic leading to some long matches every time. I would recommend cutting the animation in half.
    It's fine, this game mode is about team play, not about some stamsork running with minor+major expedition stealing relics while people still performing ccbreak animation from his streak
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on March 15, 2018 2:07PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Sugaroverdose I agree there should be some sort of animation but i would just like it to be a little shorter. Seems that many of my capture the relic games are going the full time limit.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    @Sugaroverdose I agree there should be some sort of animation but i would just like it to be a little shorter. Seems that many of my capture the relic games are going the full time limit.
    It's actually does need to be at least 2-2.5 times longer than CCbreak animation, or it's will be broken :)