Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Faction of Choice

Mopar63
Mopar63
✭✭✭
Okay had to figure out where to post this, what was your faction of choice for your character?
Edited by Mopar63 on March 31, 2014 1:44AM
True honor need not be named

Faction of Choice 611 votes

Aldmeri Dominion
32% 199 votes
Daggerfall Covenant
37% 228 votes
Ebonheart Pact
30% 184 votes
  • Ehlnofey
    Ehlnofey
    Soul Shriven
    Is it weird if I called my guild Ebonheart Pact?
  • foxsyd
    foxsyd
    ✭✭✭
    You were able to call your guild "Ebonheart Pact "?!
    Join my guild!
    "Thank Sanguine its Fredas"
    North America Server, Ebonheart Pact, PVE/PVP, friendly & funny community. Welcomes all types of players!
    Preachers of #TeamIsland - Share your adventures and screen caps on our Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/268541133324278/
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • daynendrakeson
    Oh goody. Outnumbered again. Looks like the easterners have an uphill battle for freedom and supremacy.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
  • Furgus
    Furgus
    indeed
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow to Aldmeri! >:)
  • Navhkrin
    Navhkrin
    ✭✭✭
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once tomorrow starts, A.D. is going to get a huge boost probably.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zershar: And why is that? I mean, like they didn't already had a boost in here.
  • Berial_00
    Berial_00
    I noticed that I and several friends had that first character default to AD. I also know that if you are unfamiliar with the UI its INCREDIBLY EASY to miss that you can choose your faction. If that default is true for everyone then there are going to be a TON of new people going AD because of that. And if they get to say level 10 or so before they realize they could have picked differently they may stay on their 'main' giving the AD a very big leg up in numbers.
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
    - Mark Twain
  • pocketemu
    pocketemu
    DC is ballin merchants who want to make the battle grounds run red with the blood of their enemies while leaving one alive to tell their friends. I think for pvp its obvious.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    Zershar: And why is that? I mean, like they didn't already had a boost in here.

A.D. was very popular in Beta, and so far only those who bought from this site / bought an Imperial Edition only has early access so far, myself and other Standard Editions will be joining tomorrow.

Edited by Zershar_Vemod on March 31, 2014 6:18PM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Berial_00
    Berial_00
    I just noticed. The colors are wrong in the poll aren't they?
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
    - Mark Twain
  • JHenry
    JHenry
    ✭✭
    Berial_00 wrote: »
    I just noticed. The colors are wrong in the poll aren't they?
    DC got it right though lol

• pocketemu
    pocketemu
    doesnt matter he got the good one right :D
  • Ehlnofey
    Ehlnofey
    Soul Shriven
    foxsyd wrote: »
    You were able to call your guild "Ebonheart Pact "?!

Yes.

• Captainkrunch96
    Captainkrunch96
    ✭✭✭
    I love how everyone was like "EBONHEART WIL ROFLSTOMP EVERZYTHING" when the ad beats both factions easily(from beta experience
  • LoopyRoopy
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    Bow to Aldmeri! >:)

The Aldmeri Dominion are like "The Elder Scrolls" version of the N A Z I party. In some lore books it states that they were able to get away with taking over Valenwood and Elsweyr without the Empire doing anything about it.
    Edited by LoopyRoopy on April 1, 2014 1:53AM
  • LoopyRoopy
    I love how everyone was like "EBONHEART WIL ROFLSTOMP EVERZYTHING" when the ad beats both factions easily(from beta experience

The reason behind AD beating everyone in beta is because all the try hards were in AD and actually cared about who was in the lead in beta not realising that nothing they did would carry over into the real game
  • LoopyRoopy
    Berial_00 wrote: »
    I noticed that I and several friends had that first character default to AD. I also know that if you are unfamiliar with the UI its INCREDIBLY EASY to miss that you can choose your faction. If that default is true for everyone then there are going to be a TON of new people going AD because of that. And if they get to say level 10 or so before they realize they could have picked differently they may stay on their 'main' giving the AD a very big leg up in numbers.

Yea when I created my character in one of the beats I wanted to try out the AD quest line and accidentally put myself in Ebonheart Pact because the game hadn't changed the alliance from EP to AD. Really annoying sometimes
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoopyRoopy wrote: »
    I wanted to try out the AD quest line and accidentally put myself in Ebonheart Pact because the game hadn't changed the alliance from EP to AD.
    Yeah, the topic shoudn't be titled "Faction of Choice", but a "Fiction of Choice" perhaps then. ;-)
  • natedawg84
    I would take these poll numbers with a grain of salt. From all the PvPers complaining about the overwhelming numbers of AD on most the campaigns. I guess EP and DC are too busy on the forums instead of the game.
  • SKiD07
    SKiD07
    Lol, finally got to level 10 and started participating in Cyrodiil for DC. Guess most of the other faction players were offline cause we were zerging through Keep after Keep in Auriel's Bow Campaign and EP had just crowned an emperor! I'm having fun with it and I will admit it is hard to fight with melee when people are dodging left and right, but a sword and shield along with some heavy armor and area heals goes a long way to helping the front line soldiers from falling over. Oh yeah the one-hand and shield skill set has an active ability you can get that will reflect the next incoming spell back at the caster, really handy for PvP.
    "All shall bow before the sweet roll or fear my wrath!" - Follower of Sheogorath
  • HerbZula
    HerbZula
    ✭✭
    I hope new players do not read this post and go, " Oh, well more people are already on Daggerfall, Ill just join that what the hell"
  • Vorpedagel
    Vorpedagel
    ✭✭✭
    I also called my guild "The Ebonheart Pact" :)
  • RexOakie
    RexOakie
    I didn't expect that, I thought for sure the Dominion would be the most popular with the Pact a firm second, where are all the Morrowind fan-boys?
    Ebonheart Pact - Imperial - Dragonknight - Lucius Vaeliria
  • Bronzedragon316
    Is it even a contest? Bretons, orcs AND redguard? it's like putting two steaks and a pulled pork sandwich on the table and asking which is better? this or the two salads over there?
  • Hunterkiss
    I'm a bosmer in the Daggerfall Covenant that still has faith in humanity. And does not want an elven, n.a.z.i.-dictatorship Tamriel. I played in the EP in the beta and so far I like the DC quest line just slightly more. Still gotta try the AD soon (with a totally pro-n.a.z.i.character lol)
    Edited by Hunterkiss on April 2, 2014 8:05AM
  • Lordmavet
    Lordmavet
    Soul Shriven
    Ebonheart! CUZ! THIS IS SKYRIM!
    ME GONNA OOK YOU IN THE DOOKER! © Ook-Ook
  • wilz124
    wilz124
    Ebonheart!!