Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Discussing population across campaigns

HairyFairy
HairyFairy
✭✭✭✭
can we...or more-so, should we encourage a larger spread of population across the campaigns open?

Vivec is largely a lag-fest, sitting at 2-3-pop lock constantly pc/na.

While others, sotha and shor, sit at 1-2 bar constantly, up to 3 bars when people can't get into Vivec.

We need a healthier spread of population, or just delete the other campaigns altogether at this point.
Hello darkness my old friend

HairyFairy- MagNB
Scary-Fairy- MagDK
HairyFairy's Kitty- StamNB
Your a Lizard Hairy- MagSorc
Jarl HairyFairy- StamDK
Lord HairyFairy- MagPlar
Craazy Fairy- StamSorc
HairyFairy The Colossus - StamPlar
Thanos Ender of Worlds - Stamcro
Necro-*** - Magcro
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    We had a lot more campaigns at one time, but many of them had been deleted due to low pops. ZoS has no idea how to run/manage their PvP content, and pretty much ignores the PvP aspect of campaigns all togeather. This in turn caused many PvP players to leave the game, which further hurt the population of PvP in the game. Not to mention they keep creating campaigns that only applies to a minority of PvP players who want them. While the majority just want standard 7/30 day campaigns. Not to mention they keep changing campaigns around to help newer players because they are weaker, while ruining the enjoyment of the more numerious and veteran players. Which also hurt the population.

This is all down due to the incompetence of ZoS who just doesn't care about PvP campaigns anymore.
    Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
    Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, the PVP guild I'm a part of has taken our organized raid from PC/NA Vivec over to Shor several times during primetime. Guess what happens?

We dominate. No offense to the fine players of Shor, but they just don't have the organized raids of Vivec. We can take most of the map with one, maybe two raids.

We stayed there for a couple of days before we went back to Vivec because there was no real competition. When there isn't real competition, we're just contributing to the problem of one alliance dominating the low pop campaigns. So we went back to Vivec, where our guild has competition from the enemy guilds and we can fight raid v raid.

From that experience, I've come to the conclusion that you have to move a roughly equal number of players from all factions to,the low pop campaign. If 1 raid moves over, they dominate the map and its back to the same problem of 1 alliance dominance. If one raid from all 3 factions moves over and stays, then you have equal competition and a much healthier environment.

Its just that getting roughly equal numbers from all factions to move to a low pop campaign at the same time is easier in theory than in practice.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, the PVP guild I'm a part of has taken our organized raid from PC/NA Vivec over to Shor several times during primetime. Guess what happens?

We dominate. No offense to the fine players of Shor, but they just don't have the organized raids of Vivec. We can take most of the map with one, maybe two raids.

This is the reason I would be against moving to Shor with the guild in a part of, if it were brought up.
    From that experience, I've come to the conclusion that you have to move a roughly equal number of players from all factions to,the low pop campaign. If 1 raid moves over, they dominate the map and its back to the same problem of 1 alliance dominance. If one raid from all 3 factions moves over and stays, then you have equal competition and a much healthier environment.

Its just that getting roughly equal numbers from all factions to move to a low pop campaign at the same time is easier in theory than in practice.

I’ve always thought that there would need to be cooperation, across factions including rival guilds, to make Shor a healthier PvP environment. If a guild from each faction moves to Shor, then the problem of one alliance dominating the map sort of polices itself because there’s another group out there to hinder it. I’m not sure if we’ll find that level of cooperation, though.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.

As long as one campaign is viewed as "the competitive server," that's where the pop will be.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HairyFairy wrote: »
    can we...or more-so, should we encourage a larger spread of population across the campaigns open?

One would have to come up with a reasonable means that could make it happen before the conversation can have any meat. Players tend to want to be in active campaigns. Well, players that want to see good PvP action. Since the game launched we have seen certain campaigns get the most players while others sat virtually empty for this very reason.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »

This is the reason I would be against moving to Shor with the guild in a part of, if it were brought up.

I’ve always thought that there would need to be cooperation, across factions including rival guilds, to make Shor a healthier PvP environment. If a guild from each faction moves to Shor, then the problem of one alliance dominating the map sort of polices itself because there’s another group out there to hinder it. I’m not sure if we’ll find that level of cooperation, though.

Definitely! The times when Shor's population is competitive with guilds on each faction are great. We moved over there for Midyear Mayhem and for several weeks afterward, we could still get competitive fights that weren't us just dominating because we were the largest organized group around.

But once the population drops and the other guilds go back to Vivec, its a lot harder to justify staying and using an organized raid to cap the map and push around smaller enemy groups that really can't handle facing a full organized raid. That's just not healthy for the campaign and its not healthy for the raid. So we inevitably wind up back in Vivec for raid v raid combat.

If several raids decided to go over and actually fight for Shor on different factions, that'd do a lot to revitalize the low-pop campaigns, but as you say, it has to be all the factions going over and that's hard to coordinate, since the cross-faction guilds don't fight their own players and the alliance-loyal guilds don't cooperate with other alliances very well.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think IF we saw, let’s say, one guild per faction roll to Shor, then we’d see some solo/smaller scale players move as well. Because there will be better fights, more groups to surf, and more all-around action than there currently is. Once word got out that Shor was getting reliably good population and decent sized fights, people would be interested to check it out.

With some time, maybe we have some action like in the old Haderus glory days! It’s all a hypothetical, though.