The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does Battlegrounds really allow you to make more AP the Cyrodiil?

wozborne
wozborne
✭✭✭
I’ve heard this being stated since the new patch, that BGs now gives you more AP then Cyro. Can anyone confirm?
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, every match 8-12k ap depends on win or loose
    @Anethum from .ua
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless you have a group who's reasonably efficient farming AP in Cyrodiil, BGs are potentially more profitable for many players.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how you do in each. For solo players unless you're ganking, bombing, or just really good at pulling off enough people to 1vX without getting zerged down in the process BGs are probably going to be more AP, but if you're running in a coordinated/larger group you'll get better AP in Cyrodiil

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think so. A typical match will last around 10 minutes give or take included queuing. You get 6 matches in an hour that way with a minimum of 7k AP. That's 42k AP/h. You can exceed that in Cyrodiil on a good day even if you're running solo.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the average player yes, especially if you don’t sit there farming. I have a ridiculous amount of ap from just playing bgs. Like 2mill on one character. If you have a few hours to play you can easily make 200k-300k doing nothing.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another advantage to farming AP via BGs:

All you have to do is play. There is no very meaningful way to significantly increase your AP gains with one play-style versus another (apart from trying to win the match).

In Cyrodiil, there are particular activities that you have to engage in in order to gain AP efficiently.

Also, BGs are more fun (IMO).
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    diplomatt wrote: »

This. 7-13k AP for a 10-15min game. Pretty sure that's more than you get in Cyrodiil as a solo player.
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 13, 2018 2:17PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and theres no horse riding simulation. AP gains in bgs are very consistent, and you can fight pretty much all the time.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

This. 7-13k AP for a 10-15min game. Pretty sure that's more than you get in Cyrodiil as a solo player.

5-8 minuts to be more exact. in very unbalanced cases even 2 minuts. So its maybe faster even than zergballers get from their mechanical actions.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We should not even be discussing such things out here in the open where the development team could be listening.

BG's AP rate is on the money.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So i did 4 BGs tonight and kept track of everything. Here are the results( NOTES: Below 50, all were domination, im probably average in on this character as far as pvp.)

BG #1: 3rd place, 7.5 minutes, 7,350 AP
    BG #2: 2nd place, 9 minutes, 10,400 AP
    BG #3: 1st place, 9.5 minutes, 12,700 AP
    BG #4: 2nd place, 9.5 minutes, 10,550AP

Total AP: 41,000
    Total time in BG: 35.5 minutes
    Time spent in queue and transitions: 12 minutes
    Total time spent: 47.5 min
    AP/min rate( including queue and transitions): 863.16 AP/min

Additional notes: BG timer started on a stopwatch as soon as BG loaded( so 30-45 sec before you can even battle). BGs ran just after peak US time on PC NA. I was solo for all BGS and didnt see any noticeable premades except last BG seemed to have 2 players that were possibly premade on an opposing team.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it's definitely not better for me. Slightly lower than cyrodill on average.

Simple confirmation AP meter add on show your AP Hour rate once you reach cyrodill (right after you finish your BG streak, you go to Cyrodill and see how many AP per hours you did), well it is not that much. Around 35 k AP hour due to the waiting and so on..

We can do more in groups or solo in Cyrodill. However I find BG a nice alternative as sometimes cyrodill is quiet or zerged down big time.It is consistent with permanent fighting but no map reading or strategic calls.

It is simply a different way of playing which I enjoy as well.
    Edited by Morgul667 on March 14, 2018 5:32AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Cyrodill solo do reward lots of AP for your kills
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the AP given is just right. For some it will be more than they get in Cyro, for more serious PvPers it will be less.

Either way it increasing interest in BG is a great thing, its the only reason I bought Morrowind. And I won't buy the next chapter unless there's something cool akin to it included. I have WAY too much PvE left as it is.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I think the AP given is just right. For some it will be more than they get in Cyro, for more serious PvPers it will be less.

Either way it increasing interest in BG is a great thing, its the only reason I bought Morrowind. And I won't buy the next chapter unless there's something cool akin to it included. I have WAY too much PvE left as it is.

I agree with that :-)

Amount seems about right