The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Race/Faction Pre-order?

eruexe
eruexe
Is it true that if you pre-ordered through a store retailer, the perk that allows you to create any race on any faction isn't included yet?

I ordered mine off from a local retailer and they gave me early access (3 days). Can anyone confirm this (I can't since I won't be able to play until Apr. 1)
  • SinBad
    SinBad
    ✭✭✭
    If you pre-ordered it from anywhere, it will include the Explorer Pack:
    which includes:

Play any race in any alliance

Scuttler vanity pet

Bonus treasure maps
    Myrmidons, my brothers of the sword. I'd rather fight beside you than any army of thousands. Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's there, waiting, beyond that beach? Immortality!Take it, it's yours!
  • ramalls
    ramalls
    Soul Shriven
    Must I play as an Imperial to get my pre order Imperial mount? Or can I play any race and still get my mount for 1 gold?
  • DrKaufman
    DrKaufman
    ramalls wrote: »
    Must I play as an Imperial to get my pre order Imperial mount? Or can I play any race and still get my mount for 1 gold?

You can be any race / class combo and still get the imperial horse for 1 gold

• ramalls
    ramalls
    Soul Shriven
    Awesome!! Thanks for the info Doc!
  • mutantgirl
    At what point to you pick your faction? I didn't see that option when I created my Breton, but somehow I wound up in Ebonheart Pact, which I did not want.
  • mutantgirl
    Ugh. Okay, nevermind, I see what happened. The default character in the story when you get to character creation was a dark elf, and when I changed to Breton, it didn't automatically change the faction as I was used to in beta. So, now the question is, if I delete this one and start again, to I lose my explorer pack goodies?
  • Frosthawk
    Frosthawk
    ✭✭✭
    First you need to stash goodies to bank then you can remove character, but I think its best to make another before removing. When second haves all goodies too then delete first one or don't your choice.
    EU - Adlmeri Dominion
    Sanquin's tester
  • DrKaufman
    DrKaufman
    It's my understanding that your goodies will be available for every character you create. No need to stash them and send them off to other characters
  • refelian
    refelian
    The pre-order/beta reward goodies are a one time thing (according the in-game mail with them in - so thats the Mara spell and the monkey pet) so you'll need to stash them if you've claimed them from the mail already.
  • DrKaufman
    DrKaufman
    Thanks for the info Refelian! Saw they started warning players about this an hour later.
  • Kenthros
    Kenthros
    ✭✭
    I have pre ordered the Imperial ed retail version from amazon and got the 5 day code, I have been unable to create any race any faction and got none of the in game goodies. (mostly only care about the any race and faction at this time, as i understand that i need to wait for the box for the in game goodies.) I have gotten a response from CS restating that i can and should get all of the imperial stuff and the any race and faction. When I told them I didn't have it they stopped responding. I am very upset at the lack of help from them, specifically just ignoring me. Like I said I can wait for the ingame goodies until the box gets here and could care less about the imperial race, I pre ordered for the propose to play any race any faction, and you are suppose to get that no matter if you get the Imperial or the standard pre order.
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
  • Donarion
    Donarion
    I'm having the EXACT same issue as Kenthros, except at least he got a response from CS. I'm still waiting for mine.
  • Nate
    Nate
    ✭✭✭
    mutantgirl wrote: »
    At what point to you pick your faction? I didn't see that option when I created my Breton, but somehow I wound up in Ebonheart Pact, which I did not want.

On the same screen where you picked your Breton, above the class icons there are 3 faction icons.