The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

no voice chat on xbox one x

CoopstheCat
Hi Guys, Can anyone advise me on an issue i have been having since i bought my xbox1 and eso?

I use headphones, and can hear all game sounds and music perfectly. However I have never been able to hear voice chat, either in area or guild. Also, no one can hear me.
I have tried all the fixes i am aware of..

1. Hard reeboot
2. Go into party chat, change to group chat then return to game.
3. Go to settings and check privacy..all set to adult.
4. Go to settings and make sure chat mixer is set properly.
5. Go to settings and check NAT is open..it is.
6. Do all of the above..one at a time then seperately and then hard reeboot.
7. Try different headset..tried 2. both gaming headsets, both good quality..wired, not wifi.

I have tried all of the above over the last 2 months and nothing works. I think i may be doomed to play solo for the duration as from what i gather, support just tells you to try some of the above.

As i said its a brand new xbox1x and brand new controller...so cant see why it wont work...oh and i do have the microphone and volume turned up!!!

Any one who can advise/help/solve this....i will be eternely grateful!!

Cheers

Coops

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you able to successfully join the chat channels? Or are they just not visible for you? just trying to get more information. I have chat problems consistently on Xbox but not to the point where it's been broken for two months.

Since you said you've tried troubleshooting options I assume you've submitted an in-game ticket? I know that they will not give you more than generic trouble-shooting but a mod on the forums wont really help if you haven't done that yet as i've been told that before.
  • CoopstheCat
    Hi,

didnt bother with a ticket as i hear on forums its pointless for this issue...Yes I can join the channel...and i see the little headphone and mike icon beside each..also it glows when i speak...but i hear nothing and seems no one hears me. All very odd!
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is weird. I've never seen that before. Either way I would try the ticket. Yeah most of the time they do not help but there have been RARE occasions where they have some insight. And if you go through all their hoops you can post in here and tag some mods and tell them you've tried all the ticket options with no avail and someone might PM you with further help.

When you submit the ticket you'll get generic responses that offer generic troubleshooting tips but just keep trying them as they are all relatively quick and then you can say you exhausted them all. They might ask you to open some ports for the game which if you do not know how to do you will have to contact your ISP to help you with but it sounds like that could be something affecting your chat.

The only thing I can think of other than ports needing to be opened is that un-installing and re-installing the game might do something.
  • CoopstheCat
    Thanks..might have to try the ticket option...tho i am sure they will just tell me to try what i already have tried. I am reluctant to re-install as it took me all day to download when i bought it due to the size and the speed (or lack of) of my internet.

Thanks for the advice tho.

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i know the game is huge and takes forever to download but if it's been happening for two months then i would say its worth a shot. Maybe try working through a support ticket first. Hope your issue gets solved. It's incredibly frustrating to try and get help for these weird issues with this game. And the issues are plentiful.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the two specific headsets?

Read this about compatible headsets - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-compatible-headset

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 11, 2018 1:04PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501