Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How do you put on an outfit with a built in helmet, but remove that and wear a monster helm?

Shadowmaster
Shadowmaster
✭✭✭✭
Example:
I have the Dark Brotherhood costume which comes with a hood.
I want to wear that on body, with the Molag Kena helm my character has on, on head.

What is the correct order/method for me to make this happen, or is it not possible? I have tried every combo the game offers and I am not sure if I am just clueless. Any help is appreciated.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is impossible. Costumes are different from outfits and override your appearence. You can either wear the costume with the hood or have the costume without any head piece at all by selecting hide helmet from collections.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Costumes override outfits. I don't think that is possible.
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    its unfortunate, seems the monster helms cannot even be made into the outfit either :(
  • Kraynic
    Kraynic
    ✭✭
    its unfortunate, seems the monster helms cannot even be made into the outfit either :(

Of course not. Outfits are dependent on what you can craft. You can't craft the monster sets, so they aren't part of the system.

Not yet anyway. Perhaps someday.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS hinted in a recent ESO Live that they might add monster sets to the outfit overlay ... so you may get your wish @Shadowmaster.

Soon.™