The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How is Mag Warden in VMA?

nihirisutou
nihirisutou
✭✭✭
As the title states, any thoughts?
[PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!

Best Answer

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say it's harder than Sorc or Nightblade, easier than Temp or DK. Sustain isn't bad if you use the Betty Netch and focus on killing things with destro skills instead of class skills for the Magicka return. The bear works well for most stages, especially combined with Master Architect. Harness Magicka and Lotus are enough to stay alive. Deep fissure allows you to start a burst combo before enemies step out of portals and the stun is useful.
    Answer ✓
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a rough go compared to other classes ... but on the plus side you really learn your Warden's rotation. ;)

8V9b0tB.png
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Havent tried yet but would be intested in the replies :)
  • monkey36948
    monkey36948
    ✭✭✭
    I have not done it personally but I know a couple that have done it and they said it's not as bad as you would think as long as you already know the pulls and mechanics
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should be about the same as Mag Sorc but a bit less burst
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

That's what I would theoretically believe too. I know it's not amazing dps, but sustaaaaain.
    [PS4/EU]

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    I would say it's harder than Sorc or Nightblade, easier than Temp or DK. Sustain isn't bad if you use the Betty Netch and focus on killing things with destro skills instead of class skills for the Magicka return. The bear works well for most stages, especially combined with Master Architect. Harness Magicka and Lotus are enough to stay alive. Deep fissure allows you to start a burst combo before enemies step out of portals and the stun is useful.

I tried with a Mag Blade but I find it hard.. Of course it is hard, but idk I love my Nightblade but I had a hunch Warden would be somewhat less powerful but room for error / forgivable.
    [PS4/EU]

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried with a Mag Blade but I find it hard.. Of course it is hard, but idk I love my Nightblade but I had a hunch Warden would be somewhat less powerful but room for error / forgivable.

MagSorc and MagBlade are 2 of the easiest set-up to pass vet maelstrom nowadays

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

That's what I would theoretically believe too. I know it's not amazing dps, but sustaaaaain.

You can get plenty of sustain through gear sets, CP, and weaving in heavy attacks.

The hardest part for me was the skill rotation (such as when to cast Deep Fissure).
  • Ciovala
    Ciovala
    ✭✭✭
    It is pretty easy, almost as easy as magicka pet sorcerer. I do it with Skoria or grothdarr + 5 piece Necro and 3 piece moondancer.

Backbar is inferno vMA staff and front bar is an imperfect lightning asylum staff, but I am probably going to swap a necropotence staff there and swap out a necropotence ring for a moondancer one since too much force pulse is a mana drain imho.

In terms of build, it’s pretty standard. Just make sure you keep lotus and harness magicka up and the rest is up to you. However, i’ve found the bear to be better than Destro ult in vMA. I do have deep fissure on the bar but it’s just for ‘oh crap’ times such as CG, etc.:)
    Edited by Ciovala on March 2, 2018 10:25AM
    Looking for a mature and helpful social guild - play PvE, PvP, and like crafting.
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imo its not as relaxed as magblade or sorc, but i felt surprisingly comfortable on my magwarden in vma.
    Got her the flawless conqueror with the 3rd try, had some sustain issues in the first run so i put a recovery glyph on and used the destro spammable instead of the bird. Didnt have any other problems from then on.
    Note that i know the arena pretty well so it was a tad easier for me to handle the new class there.
    Hope it helps you.
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    Imo its not as relaxed as magblade or sorc, but i felt surprisingly comfortable on my magwarden in vma.
    Got her the flawless conqueror with the 3rd try, had some sustain issues in the first run so i put a recovery glyph on and used the destro spammable instead of the bird. Didnt have any other problems from then on.
    Note that i know the arena pretty well so it was a tad easier for me to handle the new class there.
    Hope it helps you.

Well I'm actually looking to complete it at all, but somehow I feel so comfortable playing a Warden, I'm not that interested in dungeon / trials. But I'm really drawn to maelstrom.

I will give mag sorc a go too, I love my Mag Blade, but I was just wondering as too Warden also has Pets as a buffer, but I can't find information related to this from sources like Alcast.

He has VMA builds for every class except Warden.
    [PS4/EU]

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Ciovala
    Ciovala
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast does have a vMA build at the bottom of the build page. Has some errors, though.
    Looking for a mature and helpful social guild - play PvE, PvP, and like crafting.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't try it, but would be interesting. With all the good healing aspects of a Warden, plus add the Annulment morph, I'm sure it would fair just fine.
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    I am leveling up a high elf warden dps
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels