The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can the game be ported as I cannot afford to download at home with prepaid broadband..

hammered_hippy
hammered_hippy
Soul Shriven
I downloaded the game at work wich has super fast internet and it took only 15 hours...bravo for server bandwith there...not!
Then I tried to port it to my home compu
It checked files and devoured my prepaid allowance by downloading a measly 6 gigs straight away
Game crashed immediately after that not even getting anywhere with a unexpected stop error code 6
Then checked the game and now it wants to download 18 gigs more...which exceeds the total size of the game all together with my 6 gigs
At the speed the download is going I might be lucky to be the last one in 3 weeks to finally sit down and play the game.
With a game this huge you guys SHOULD NOT HAVE SKIMPED ON BANDWITH FOR DOWNLOADING...its going to be your undoing once the game comes out this week.

What I need now is:
a) Good help
b) a pile of DVD's witht the proper game
c) a miracle

So can the game be ported and if not then can I get my money back as downloading this game at 300kb/s ( my prepaid broadband is 2.5 mb/sec) is a sick joke...
By the time the game is finally downloaded there will be gigs of patches to download again as the patches will grow faster in size than the download speed you guys grant the customers.....

So any help please?

• Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly yes the game can be copied from one computer to another but you must make sure the launcher has finished downloading all the patches and is also pointing at the correct Megaserver (NA or EU) and is set to your correct language so it gets all the required files.

This has worked for me and my son, I downloaded the client and let it install and he made a copy over our home network to his PC.

If that fails then another way is to download the client again at work (if they let you) and as the download is progressing open the folders and you will see lots of part completed huge files. Watch the download very carefully and just as it reaches the end before the install starts quickly copy the files on to a backup disk (the total size of the client is 30.5 Gig so you will need a big one), the files will change to completed right at the end.

You can then use these files to replace the files on your new computer once you have started the download there, just pause the launcher copy and replace all the part downloaded files with your complete ones from the disk.

Just remember the launcher may still need to download more patches as the problems are fixed during this early period.

As a last resort you could purchase the full game as a retail version and install from the included DVD, not something you may want to do if you have already purchased the download version (or barrow one from a friend maybe).
  • hammered_hippy
    hammered_hippy
    Soul Shriven
    And why oh why is there a directory called elderscolls onlin Beta in my Zenimax directory after uninstalling and then reinstalling the launcher.
    Look here buddy's..friends....if you sell a game for money and even if its the pre-release..having directories with gamename-Beta..hanging around is really not a very wise way to get the publics trust...trust me on that one.
  • hammered_hippy
    hammered_hippy
    Soul Shriven
    @‌ Colonel Brandon

Many thanks for your help and support
    Now I know at least its possible
    I did a similar thing but it did not work
    I did it with skyrim and it worked flawless
    I might try it again
    Many thanks again for your help!
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that copying the game onto a flash drive (once fully patched of course), and sending it through the mail to someone with a tiny data cap, does indeed work. My girlfriend is in that exact situation (10GB data cap per month), so it was impossible for her to download the game.
  • hammered_hippy
    hammered_hippy
    Soul Shriven
    Sofar it has not worked for me at all
    Ported it on a flash drive and it seems to only want to download download download gig after gig.
    And when it is finished...it crashes and after a checkup it wants to download so much more that it exceeds the whole size of the game anyways.
    And with a download sloth of 300kb/sec it will be christmas before I get to see the result of this sham download.

Patches I downloaded sofar have exceeded 6 gig in size and that is not a patch..that is a bug.
  • hammered_hippy
    hammered_hippy
    Soul Shriven
    And where are the bleeding support guys on this
    I thank all of you helping me out...but this is supposed to be a tech support forum.
    I am not complaining about a boar attaching me sideways ingame and that must be what the techies are now indulging in.
    Too tricky to tackle real issues like the clownesc pittyfull download bandwith people get.
    Hey you tech guys..hey biffo's at the top...its not 2008 anymore..nowbody is in awe of the fact that one can down a game instead of buying it at the shop and back then it was a night downloading.....not a projected week of downloading.
    Up your game a bit!
  • hammered_hippy
    hammered_hippy
    Soul Shriven
    Total size on disk now in both zenimax and elderscrolls EU directory is over 80 gigs.....
    WTF is going on and where are those tech guys'?