Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Re-SPEC

TamrielSaviour215
TamrielSaviour215
✭✭✭
My main is an Imperial Templar. I am somewhere around 280 CP. I am not a big fan of this toon at all but I have his crafting up all the way (still working on Provisioning and Alchemy) and that is his main purpose. I went with a Healer on my first play through (back in 2015 when it released for PS4) so I have a lot of resto staff abilities at 50 now as well but no other DPS or Tank skills unlocked.

My question is....If i decided to re-spec everything how long would it take me to get my blacksmithing, woodworking, all that back to 50? Would I be able to completely change him from a healer to a tank or DPS by doing this as well? I dont know if I can just put the skill points in to the lines I already unlocked or if I have to completely level them up again. I am NOT going to do this if that is the case because he is my only crafter and he know a lot of motifs. Will I lose these if I re-spec as well? Sorry for the overload here but I have been contemplating this since I came back last month.
PS4/NA
Jasunr Cosmus - Imperial Templar, Supreme Healer of the Cosmos CP 240
Itzal Siavish - Khajit NB, Thief LVL 38
Bruxana - Altmer Sorc, Powerhouse DPS Lvl 18
Torvakor - Redguard Stam Warden Lvl 7
Langsdon Emerson - Imperial DK Tank - Lvl 31
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You don't have to re-level anything after respecing, you just put the skill points back in again where you want them. You'll have to level up any skills/morphs that you have not yet leveled but you won't lose any progress.

You also won't lose any of your motifs or research or anything else, all it will do is refund the skill points you've spent.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    You don't have to re-level anything after respecing, you just put the skill points back in again where you want them. You'll have to level up any skills/morphs that you have not yet leveled but you won't lose any progress.

You also won't lose any of your motifs or research or anything else, all it will do is refund the skill points you've spent.

YESSSS THANK YOU!

Well time to restart lol. Much appreciated!
    PS4/NA
    Jasunr Cosmus - Imperial Templar, Supreme Healer of the Cosmos CP 240
    Itzal Siavish - Khajit NB, Thief LVL 38
    Bruxana - Altmer Sorc, Powerhouse DPS Lvl 18
    Torvakor - Redguard Stam Warden Lvl 7
    Langsdon Emerson - Imperial DK Tank - Lvl 31
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To expand, although I think Wayfarer was clear....you don’t even lose progress on morphs.

Let’s say you morphed a skill and leveled the first morph all the way up, then when you respec you want to try the second morph. The leveling on the first morph is saved...if you ever respec that skill again and unlock the first morph, it would be at max level.