Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shader File, Why So Large?

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The other day I came across a recommendation for improving FPS stability that said toss the shader file and let it rebuild as it gets bigger over time. Mine was 230mb when I was seeing others saying sizes of around 30mb. My brother who is on Windows has a file around this size. So I tossed it and let it rebuild, noticed significant improvements to my FPS stability (no more really low FPS after using transit/wayshrines, much higher average FPS etcetera), but the next day its already back up to 130mb without making any changes and it seems like my FPS stability reduces very quickly over a couple of sessions. Is this normal? Is there a reason the Mac OS shader file is so much larger than the Windows version?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any ideas on this? ZOS? I rebuild it and its immediately 198mb. My buddy who plays on Windows gets a file size of 10mb. Is this normal? Would anyone else on Mac do me a favor and check to see what their file size is?
    Edited by Vapirko on March 7, 2018 7:22PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Vapirko

We have sent you a message regarding your support ticket about this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post