The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nightflame + Bahraha's Curse + Leeching Plate

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I finally found a strong use for the Nightflame monster set by putting it on my Sorcerer tank and grouping it with the Bahraha's Curse heal, the Leeching Plate heal, and the Crit Surge heal. The healing totem proc occurs quite often, right at the feet of my tank due to the amount of damage I take and self-healing I receive.

I now prefer Nightflame over Malubeth Scourge because the proc occurs more often (5% chance any time you heal yourself while your health isn't 100%) and the HOT is stronger than Malubeth Scourge (only thing I lose is 30% healing received, which is often overkill on my tank). After experiencing an underwhelming performance by Nightflame on my healer build, I'm now in love with this monster set on my tank. I may even explore alternative options to Leeching Plate due to the effectiveness of Nightflame.

Nightflame
(1 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
(2 items) When you heal a friendly target, you have a 5% chance to summon a totem for 6 seconds that heals you and your allies in area for 3483 Health every 1 second. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

Edit: Typo
Edited by GrumpyDuckling on February 28, 2018 11:08PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve love Bogdan. Most underrated monster set in the game.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love bogdans too but give sentinel of rekugums a try, heals plus stam return.
  • Nephimana
    Nephimana
    ✭✭✭
    I only ever used bogdans while in large groups because it procs so frequently.
    I also run malubeth, barahas and leeching but on my sap tank and I love the heals, but I never considered bogdans, I might give it a try.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love bogdans too but give sentinel of rekugums a try, heals plus stam return.

Yes, I really wanted to run sentinel but there were two main concerns that made me choose Nightflame:
    1 - From when I used to run sentinel I remember that the spider was squishy and could die easily.
    2 - The proc for sentinel lasts 8 seconds but has a 15 second cooldown, but Nightflame doesn't have a cooldown so I have more up-time and stronger heals. Ultimately the small amount of stamina for much less healing wasn't worth it for me.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know there is also the Troll King set that increases health recovery by 1548 for 10 seconds when you heal an ally and they are still below 60% HP, it also has no cooldown.

And then there's chokethorn which heals you or an ally for around 19k+ health over 4 seconds with a 10 second cooldown.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a video using leeching, baharas and sentinel.

I found with sentinel the spider can spawn anywhere in weird places and sometimes you cant get to it and its wasted.

This is the adds in vHR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICxBYWapnN0

But it just shows you anyway the power of the 2 sets combined when fighting lots of adds.

becomes much less strong when fighting few enemies and bosses who do slow attacks and hit very hard. Much better suited for dungeons or as an OT who handles adds.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How good is Nightflame though and how big are the heals?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

About the area of spear shards and about 5k a second. For 6 seconds with 6 second cooldown. So you can effectively have it up all the time.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Nightflame allows me to tank most dungeons comfortably without need of a healer. It definitely makes tanking more relaxed for me.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanking build over on tamrielfoundry forums has a REALLY good magicka tank build with baharas(however you spell that) curse and thunderbugs setup. I still have a whole set of heavy of B-curse set which was the original build. It was nothing but procs and 30k + aoe damage on trash fights. Boss fights you could get up to 10-12k ST dps. It was really only good for 4 man dungeons and some of the old dlc ones. Relied on a healer on boss fights (where it's usually single target) but on trash fights you're health bar never moved. Was a non stop explosion of proc'ing awesomeness.

I don't really have anything to add other than this build made me remember that build when I saw your gear set up.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • DinOwned
    DinOwned
    ✭✭✭
    I finally found a strong use for the Nightflame monster set by putting it on my Sorcerer tank and grouping it with the Bahraha's Curse heal, the Leeching Plate heal, and the Crit Surge heal. The healing totem proc occurs quite often, right at the feet of my tank due to the amount of damage I take and self-healing I receive.

I now prefer Nightflame over Malubeth Scourge because the proc occurs more often (5% chance any time you heal yourself while your health isn't 100%) and the HOT is stronger than Malubeth Scourge (only thing I lose is 30% healing received, which is often overkill on my tank). After experiencing an underwhelming performance by Nightflame on my healer build, I'm now in love with this monster set on my tank. I may even explore alternative options to Leeching Plate due to the effectiveness of Nightflame.

Nightflame
    (2 items) When you heal a friendly target, you have a 5% chance to summon a totem for 6 seconds that heals you and your allies in area for 3483 Health every 1 second. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

Sounds like a fun build. How are your bars setup? I've never tanked on a sorc before.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DinOwned wrote: »

Nightflame

Sounds like a fun build. How are your bars setup? I've never tanked on a sorc before.

Depending on content the ultimate rotates between Atronach, Warhorn, and Negate:

Boss Bar
    Ultimate - Most often Storm Atronach for passives
    1 - Pierce Armor
    2 - Heroic Slash
    3 - Crit Surge
    4 - Boundless Storm
    5 - Absorb Magic

Trash Bar
    Replace Heroic Slash with Streak or Encase