Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bots were reported but ZOS didn't take any action against them

Scraelos
Scraelos
✭✭✭
A couple of days ago I was fishing with friends in Grahtwood and spotted some bots. We have reported them and continued our fishing spree.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MToFcjtV0N8
Imagine my reaction when I spotted same bots (and new ones) today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUftKsaz20s
Edited by Scraelos on February 25, 2018 8:49PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dude there's not even any GM's in this game.

I've stopped reporting anything now. Even players
    PC EU
  • s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There have been some bots in Rivenspire at Renault Farm (PC NA) for I think a couple weeks now. I reported them a couple times, but they keep grinding :-(
    I loved using that spots at nights to get some grinding done, but now it's no use. :-(
    Edited by s_ch_kb16_ESO on February 27, 2018 11:27AM
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes....grahtwood always has bots (in PC EU). They are roaming at the river fishing pins at the northeastern part and also sometimes at the south by the beach.
  • Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    Guess what? Bots are still there. After multiple reports and post on official forum.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xGih8tk7io
    Maybe ZOS could shed some light on this situation? @ZOS_BillE ?
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS doesn't care about anything. Not sure they ever did, but they don't right now. Face it.
  • Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS doesn't care about anything. Not sure they ever did, but they don't right now. Face it.

Then I should stop reporting bots and make my own one.
  • eirinnpryderi
    eirinnpryderi
    ✭✭✭
    I got tired of reporting them too
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but but but if all bots were banned then the "players" numbers would not look good for them :D
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So what else is new? B)

But seriously, keep up the good fight! To give up is to admit defeat.
  • s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Now one of the bots in Rivenspire has been replaced by another one, probably because the other one is max level now (he was pretty close last time I checked). Whoever is running those bots is probably just gonna keep replacing them once one is max level.
    So looks like that grinding spot is gone for good and Zenimax obviously doesn't plan on taking any action against them. :-(
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude there's not even any GM's in this game.

I've stopped reporting anything now. Even players

Pretty much this. I've been half tempted to report the staff for misinformation because reporting DOES NOT WORK. Unless there's a thread about said bots, they don't get banned. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Why can't we have GMs instead of relying on an obvious failure of a reporting system? Seriously, enough is enough already.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Unless there's a thread about said bots, they don't get banned.
    Well, the bots in this thread are still around, so that obviously doesn't help either. ZOS obviously just doesn't care about it at all.

• Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Scraelos on March 13, 2018 9:38AM
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the last month,a group of L10 players all with names like "XCVDS" or "FVCSX" running
    Craglorn 24/7 farming resources in a 2 man team-always on horse mounts
    i suspect is gold sellers who came back after a long period,i did send a report-so another guy i talk to
    but so far no reaction
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There are way too many instances where bots get reported, but ZOS doesn't do anything. ZOS just doesn't care. :'(
    Edited by s_ch_kb16_ESO on March 13, 2018 9:50AM
  • ilander
    ilander
    ✭✭✭
    I've reported the bot train at Karthdar in Grahtwood, as have others yet more than 1 year on, there's STILL a bot train there almost every time i pass on a chest run... even complained about it on here on a few occasions and tagged @ZOS_BLAH and @ZOS_IGNORES_BOTS but to no avail... at this point, don't waste your time trying to report 10 bots with the clunky reporting tool and do something more productive like smash your head off a wall for all the good it will do in-game ;)
    Most Averagest Player EU PvP - More averager than you'll ever be.. GUARANTEED!

• FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the bots in this thread are still around, so that obviously doesn't help either. ZOS obviously just doesn't care about it at all.

That's what I mean. Then a moderator comes in "Please use the report function" and then nothing happens until the thread reaches maybe... 5 or so pages. And then usually they start actually looking at it. Seriously; @ZOS_GinaBruno How do I report moderators not doing their job?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what I mean. Then a moderator comes in "Please use the report function" and then nothing happens until the thread reaches maybe... 5 or so pages. And then usually they start actually looking at it. Seriously; ZOS_GinaBruno How do I report moderators not doing their job?
    It's not the forums mods jobs to handle such things, the most they can do is pass information on. Which is why having ticket numbers for reports is more effective because then ZOS' team who deal with it can take the actual tickets (which has additional information) and check it out.

The problem is as soon as they're nuked new ones are created. :confused:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

That's what I mean. Then a moderator comes in "Please use the report function" and then nothing happens until the thread reaches maybe... 5 or so pages. And then usually they start actually looking at it. Seriously; ZOS_GinaBruno How do I report moderators not doing their job?
    It's not the forums mods jobs to handle such things, the most they can do is pass information on. Which is why having ticket numbers for reports is more effective because then ZOS' team who deal with it can take the actual tickets (which has additional information) and check it out.

The problem is as soon as they're nuked new ones are created. :confused:

That's the thing though; being on the other side of being a forum mod for another company? When people rose similar complaints like this- you bet it was part of my job description to forward relevant info where it belonged to- along with asking them for ticket numbers and for those that haven't reported to do so. That's efficiency.

What's not efficient is the experiences of many who've reported, seen nothing done, then started a thread about said botters and then get told to report when nothing happened of that report (because I can tell these people are seeing the same accounts). In fact in my very instance, it wasn't until Gina and Jessica got into the thread and was involved that something happened to the huge bot train in Alik'r. And that train was going for at least three months if not longer.

Tell us why we should waste our time further, by using a reporting system that's pretty much failing for what it was designed for. We're all ears, genuinely and truly. Because at this point, reporting in our eyes has done nothing but wasted our time. It's almost beginning to feel that way with the moderators, CS, and the devs.
    Edited by FleetwoodSmack on March 15, 2018 10:44AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell us why we should waste our time further, by using a reporting system that's pretty much failing for what it was designed for. We're all ears.
    Because as annoying as it is that it takes time and we don't see instant results if everyone stops reporting then there will never be any results at all and the gold sellers/botters win.

I get just as disheartened as everyone else when I see these trains, I agree fully the speed and ability to deal with them has issues right now but I am not going to give up because I never want them to win.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell us why we should waste our time further, by using a reporting system that's pretty much failing for what it was designed for. We're all ears.
    Because as annoying as it is that it takes time and we don't see instant results if everyone stops reporting then there will never be any results at all and the gold sellers/botters win.

I get just as disheartened as everyone else when I see these trains, I agree fully the speed and ability to deal with them has issues right now but I am not going to give up because I never want them to win.

That's the kicker- when you and others have reported a bot train frequently and it's still there 3+ months down the road; it's more than disheartening- it was one of the huge reasons why I cancelled my sub. Botters are winning because of what seems to be ZoS's complacency and it's that complacency that forced me to speak with my wallet. I pray to RNG gods enough, I'm not praying to the reporting system.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the kicker- when you and others have reported a bot train frequently and it's still there 3+ months down the road; it's more than disheartening- it was one of the huge reasons why I cancelled my sub. Botters are winning because of what seems to be ZoS's complacency and it's that complacency that forced me to speak with my wallet. I pray to RNG gods enough, I'm not praying to the reporting system.
    Are the bots the exact same ones though? As from my understanding of what ZOS has said and what some report is that bots get a boot within a week, but the moment they're gone a new train replaces them.

If that is the case it means ZOS are working actively and getting rid of them, but new accounts are just filling in the old places.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are the bots the exact same ones though? As from my understanding of what ZOS has said and what some report is that bots get a boot within a week, but the moment they're gone a new train replaces them.

If that is the case it means ZOS are working actively and getting rid of them, but new accounts are just filling in the old places.

There's been a few people in this thread that have the same experience as me. The only way they were gone within a week was when there was a thread posted about them- and even then some had slipped through the cracks. Are these bots still there? I don't know. I can't be bothered to check- that's why they were reported in the first place.

Edit: Were they the same exact bots as this thread? No. However the bots that I reported back in the day more than a few times were the same ones, were not gone within a week, and some have slipped through the cracks and are still there to my knowledge.
    Edited by FleetwoodSmack on March 15, 2018 11:12AM
  • Algraxa
    Algraxa
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was out in the swap the other night and saw a tightly packed string of bot *** taking a run...
  • s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I can't speak to the other bots, but the bots in Rivenspire I was reporting many times and they're still there (or at least were like 2 or 3 days ago when I last checked. One of them has been the same for several weeks and the other one got replaced by another one, but from the way they're moving, I'm pretty sure they're in a group, so I highly suspect that it's one botter leveling one account after the other to max, possibly to sell it (no way to tell the reason of course, he might be doing it just for himself) - either way from the way they're moving and the amount of time they seem to spend there I'm like 99% sure they're bots.
  • rickard_karstarck
    With how many people play the game and the way one tamriel makes all zones the same regardless of level, if you're trying to farm mobs in popular zones like rivenspire or alikr desert, of course you'll see people in the best locations 24/7.

The actual bots are these people in bot trains, and they're using random letters for characters, they're just making new accounts every time they are banned.

I've reported plenty of characters in those bot trains, and they do get banned, but if you don't record the exact name, you'll think it was never banned since they'll just remake with a very similar name.

Falsely claiming everyone is a bot makes ZOS's job even harder.

Edit: Even I've been accused of being a bot because I get baked and will farm the same spot for hours on end and refuse to group up or follow someone's pulling pattern. I'm just grinding gold and materials, and never hurting anyone yet they still complain. It's an MMO ffs, not a single player game.
    Edited by rickard_karstarck on March 16, 2018 5:20PM
  • s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not talking about about grinding for hours, I'm talking about grinding for hours every day for weeks. Also the way they're moving/fighting, it wouldn't make sense for player to move/fight.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The actual bots are these people in bot trains, and they're using random letters for characters, they're just making new accounts every time they are banned.

These are the easy bots to find. Personally, I like to find and report the solitary bots that are running around collecting crafting materials in various zones. These are more fun to find.
    Edit: Even I've been accused of being a bot because I get baked and will farm the same spot for hours on end and refuse to group up or follow someone's pulling pattern. I'm just grinding gold and materials, and never hurting anyone yet they still complain. It's an MMO ffs, not a single player game.

Obviously, don't act like a bot if you don't want to be treated like one. As long as you are physically pushing the action button with one of your own appendages when it comes time to farm the item, I don't care if you stand there from server up to server down. I don't care which appendage. I don't even care if you are watching Netflix while doing it. However, if someone has a rock on the button, or something else that pushes the button for them, then I do care. If I can't tell the difference, on my end, then a report to ZOS is justified.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now one of the bots in Rivenspire has been replaced by another one, probably because the other one is max level now (he was pretty close last time I checked). Whoever is running those bots is probably just gonna keep replacing them once one is max level.
    So looks like that grinding spot is gone for good and Zenimax obviously doesn't plan on taking any action against them. :-(

If the bots are at the grinding spot - Zenimax doesn't take heat for nerfing a grinding spot.

And when a bot hits max lvl - the botmaster just puts it up for sale to someone who doesn't want to bother grinding one up. So they buy a lvled bot, change the name and <<poof>> they have a winning full powered 'toon they didn't have to grind.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.