The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Any thoughts on a sorcerer healer build?

• dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd rather they buff sorc and other classes to be as good at healing rather than nerf templar. nerfs are more likely to demoralize parts of the community while buffing for balance generally makes people happy with the same outcome if it's done right. not saying nerfs are never justified but should be avoided whenever possible.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorabella wrote: »
    I'm glad I found this thread. I am levelling my Sorc healer. And I also love my DK healer I now have a healer of every class. :smile:

Templar is my main though - please don't nerf Templars!!! :tongue:

:D okay back on topic then.
    @dazee sorcs are great at healing >.> I was just having fun before. Each class kinda has its own feeling towards healing.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    I'd rather they buff sorc and other classes to be as good at healing rather than nerf templar. nerfs are more likely to demoralize parts of the community while buffing for balance generally makes people happy with the same outcome if it's done right. not saying nerfs are never justified but should be avoided whenever possible.

That is generally what they have been doing. Most that say otherwise tend to overlap the sustain changes that happened accross the entire game with morrowinds launch with templar receiving a nerfed repentance.

Templars dont need a nerf, amd honestly nb and sorcs are in a fine spot minus a few changes they could use. Dk healers need the most help right now.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was thinking of maybe replacing elemental drain with something else since the dps tends to run drain. what would be suggested?
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

That is generally what they have been doing. Most that say otherwise tend to overlap the sustain changes that happened accross the entire game with morrowinds launch with templar receiving a nerfed repentance.

Templars dont need a nerf, amd honestly nb and sorcs are in a fine spot minus a few changes they could use. Dk healers need the most help right now.

On a real note ( I was joking before), the 5 classes are in good spot. The dk been worked on pass 4 patches. The new supportive set surely looks good on them with their ultimate generation and shields.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking of maybe replacing elemental drain with something else since the dps tends to run drain. what would be suggested?

It's usually healer who does. Though 1/2 in trials.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

On a real note ( I was joking before), the 5 classes are in good spot. The dk been worked on pass 4 patches. The new supportive set surely looks good on them with their ultimate generation and shields.

I still feel like cauterize could be a little faster and maybe bounce to second target for a lesser amount. And im terrified of suggesting this in other threads, but i think dk healers stand to benefit from shielding allies instead of dk tanks. One morph could scale off max hp but only effect the caster and maybe provide something other perk for the tank, and ingeous could scale off magicka tuned to not be too strong in pvp (ie obviously not 4+ player group wide annulment).

Utilities like igneous weapons or frost cloak often go under appreciated which sucks.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I still feel like cauterize could be a little faster and maybe bounce to second target for a lesser amount. And im terrified of suggesting this in other threads, but i think dk healers stand to benefit from shielding allies instead of dk tanks. One morph could scale off max hp but only effect the caster and maybe provide something other perk for the tank, and ingeous could scale off magicka tuned to not be too strong in pvp (ie obviously not 4+ player group wide annulment).

Utilities like igneous weapons or frost cloak often go under appreciated which sucks.

Yeah compared other 4 classes they struggle with identity Criss.

Templars are holy healers
    Sorcerers are spiritual healers
    Wardens are natural healers
    Nightblades are like monk in regards to healing

Hmm maybe dragon knights would be Valkyries brings of to fate after death (nvm necromancers )

Hmm, but dragon knight healers are protect so damage doesn't touched as opposed to warden who can protect you when it does. Dragon knights have shields and probably best ulimate generation between 5. Back to that point, guidance set might make it so only 1 healer needs to use war horn. These leaves room for other class ulimates like storm annotach and major beserk, absorption magic, or barrier.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thought, so had issue other night in blood root with a frost tank who couldn't migrate damage well. Turns out 5 to 15k shield attacks nicely so ward Ally is a good morph to swap out for emprowered. >.> When your twlight more sturdy then a tank.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's interesting question to help OP. Which gears are using on your sorc healer and why?
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's interesting question to help OP. Which gears are using on your sorc healer and why?

I don't know yet since she's pre 50 still. I was thinking of Lich and something else. (lich has a great sustain bonus)
    Edited by dazee on March 8, 2018 12:57PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know yet since she's pre 50 still. I was thinking of Lich and something else. (lich has a great sustain bonus)

But you have dark exchange, empowered ward or even overlord.
    Edited by Tasear on March 9, 2018 4:28AM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spell Power Cure is by far the best healer set you'll want that.

For sorc healer specifically if you'd issue is magicka, necropotence is your best "sustain" set you end up with enormous amounts of magicka.

Twilight remedy is Taser's favourite set, but its a trials set from a DLC. Although its only 500 crowns this week you should pick it up if you still have your starting 500 crowns from buying the game.

For now I am useing Healers Habit (because I could just buy it), but I believe sacturity set (banished cells) is actually better.

SPC and Worms Raiment is the meta healer build.

Mending is not strong on sorc because we have lots of burst healing and not so much healing over time.
    Edited by Narvuntien on March 9, 2018 5:40AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Spell Power Cure is by far the best healer set you'll want that.

For sorc healer specifically if you'd issue is magicka, necropotence is your best "sustain" set you end up with enormous amounts of magicka.

Twilight remedy is Taser's favourite set, but its a trials set from a DLC. Although its only 500 crowns this week you should pick it up if you still have your starting 500 crowns from buying the game.

For now I am useing Healers Habit (because I could just buy it), but I believe sacturity set (banished cells) is actually better.

SPC and Worms Raiment is the meta healer build.

Mending is not strong on sorc because we have lots of burst healing and not so much healing over time.

New guidance set might be interesting too for at least how I use my sorc.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having a lot of fun with the Draugur's rest set and heavy attacks. You get a really nice pool of goodness around the target.

Also I prefer healing ward (even running Empowered ward on my sorc) as it's the smartest heal in the game, and if you double tap the skill you get a really big heal on the target.

The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wanna believe its possible to heal high end stuff with sorc, but I havent seen a single footage of the hardest trials being healed by one. So either they're not up to the task or the "only templar meta" will block any attemps we try to heal anything other than dungeons.
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha they suck so bad because of nerfs we're trying to salvage a healer build out of it! LMAO
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha they suck so bad because of nerfs we're trying to salvage a healer build out of it! LMAO

OP we just had a lot people like this a year ago. Now we can just report for baiting or vote to kick when in game.
    Edited by Tasear on March 9, 2018 10:07PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wanna believe its possible to heal high end stuff with sorc, but I havent seen a single footage of the hardest trials being healed by one. So either they're not up to the task or the "only templar meta" will block any attemps we try to heal anything other than dungeons.

Not everyone records. I don't raid as much but trommar is on EU. Just this past weekend was in vHRC with ba sorc healer who wasn't me. They are about even with wardens in occuring. Wardens, Templars and Sorrecers are quite monsters. Nightblades are hard, but powerful. Dragon Knights need help.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having a lot of fun with the Draugur's rest set and heavy attacks. You get a really nice pool of goodness around the target.

Draugr's rest is fun, but that's all :) Its area is small, HoT is weak and it's slow to cast (you need heavy attack for it). Moreover it doesn't move and it's applied on the place of the target. It's not healer's set, it's tanking set! Check my build for Magicka Ice Staff Sorcerer tank: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/388372/true-magicka-sorcerer-tank-non-selfish-build-4-man-pug#. I'm immortal with that build, I can solo vet dungeons including hm mode with it (but don't try it, it would take hours :D).

I'm running vet trials regularly. I'm not in any progression group yet though, since I'm still missing some requirements (like 200 more CPs :D). But I'm trying and I'm working on it. Usually we have Sorc + Warden healer, with Templar tank :) I ran with templar healers too, sometimes it was good, sometimes it was worse. I believe this kind of content is highly dependent on your skill and know knowledge of mechanics, not on your class. To me, shards (exclusive Templar skill) are burden sometimes, because templars have to run Energy orbs too. Healing Springs + Energy Orbs are two main healing skills, believe it or not, so you must run both of them. You can check my guide in the footer, it's still in progress, but you can see how I'm healing vet trials (non hm).
    Yes.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess i didnt make myself clear, by high end stuff i mean vhof, vmol and vas hm
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A few friends of alcasts, who are in hordor i think, did vet hof with sorc healers.

And i have main healed vet mol and vet hof as nb.
    Edited by exeeter702 on March 10, 2018 4:03AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess i didnt make myself clear, by high end stuff i mean vhof, vmol and vas hm

Honestly it doesn't matter what people say to you. Clearly you are just looking for affirmation to continue believing what you always did. I have seen it before. You will simply keep escalating to number 1 on leaderboards or having something like tick tock torrementor. Even then I feel like there will be a excuse.
    Edited by Tasear on March 10, 2018 10:46AM
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like atronarch may be better for premades of people you know are good/decent but warhorn is better for pugs.

Warhorn is better always.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like atronarch may be better for premades of people you know are good/decent but warhorn is better for pugs.

I don't know about that. Someone would actually have to crunch numbers for situation 25% more damage for 8 secs vs 10 % more critical damage.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't know about that. Someone would actually have to crunch numbers for situation 25% more damage for 8 secs vs 10 % more critical damage.

Warhorn is 15% more crit hit damage. For 9.5 seconds. AND 10% more max stats for 30 seconds. That is also a DPS increase. For both DPS.

I really love using the atro on both my dps sorcs, mag and Stam. I guess my biggest irritation from the up tick in people using the atro is that they drop it in the tanks head. The tank does not benefit from the atro, outside of procing alkosh. Drop it in the other dps. The DPS hitting the synergy will more then make up for missing the initial hit of the atro.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on March 10, 2018 1:12PM
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really heal on a Sorc often but when I did try it, I used SPC and Jorvuld's (hello major force uptimes). I have only had a chance to test my Sorc healer in dungeons and vAA (but I am confident I could easily heal all content with it as I have done on my Templar healer)

My front bar setup for vAA and dungeons was: bound aegis, combat prayer, inner light, twilight matriarch, healing springs and meteor (barrier can also work if you need better sustain but I am a fan of max magicka for more OP healz.

back bar setup was: bound aegis, ele drain, orbs, pet and lightning blockade. I would probably swap inner light for empowered ward/harness magicka if it was a hard mode vet trial, but otherwise I was fine without a shield. And I'd swap blockade for purge for first boss of vHoF or vMoL twins, for example.

I think Sorc healers are pretty strong, better than Wardens due to them having the Matriarch burst heal which can heal more than BoL, no other classes besides Sorc and Templar have such a strong burst heal so I think it makes them nice healers. And ofc Sorcs have the ulti cost reduction means more war horns so you can have insane major force uptimes with them. The only downside of Sorc healing is how often the pet dies, but I think that could be l2p on my part.

Once I farm a second set of SPC, mending and jorvuld's i will test my Sorc healer in vHoF, vAS and vMoL if I get the chance.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say 5 necro, 5 spellpower cure, a 1 pc monster set of your choice. Run twilight matriarch for your burst heal, along with healing springs, rapid regeneration, and combat prayer. Use absorption field as an aoe stun and emergency heal ultimate, and either lights champion or aggressive warhorn for your second ult. Back bar a lightning staff with elemental blockade, liquid lightning, empowered ward, power surge, and mages fury (I like to have an execute on all my healers for that bonus damage when you get to the last 10-20%).

I would probably try running that if my sorc wasn't already doing well with a stamina build =p

PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly it doesn't matter what people say to you. Clearly you are just looking for affirmation to continue believing what you always did. I have seen it before. You will simply keep escalating to number 1 on leaderboards or having something like tick tock torrementor. Even then I feel like there will be a excuse.

It actually matters when it needs 11 more people to do content, I could just ignore what they think and go hardcore, but most likely the healer spots will be taken by a templar. Or I could stick to not so hardcore players and struggle months progressing a content.

Also I am one of the believers the pet on consoles is way too stupid to avoid deaths, its impossible to control them
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually trying a Sorcerer Healer (level 25 at the moment) in battlegrounds. Not that bad.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -