The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

let players hide grass on player homes

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
8b7rwj4p1oyd.png
lilayk1v58vh.png

Many times when I player is making their homes their own by adding stone paths and other accessories, grass clips through solid objects... is there any chance if we can hide grass when solid objects cover them?

AND NO, the hide grass option isn't an option as I know atleast one of you will say that... I only want to hide grass that goes through housing objects
Edited by Aliyavana on March 3, 2018 3:44AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like option just to hid all plants that are naturally there.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In order to be an on/off toggle, the grass and other ground vegetation has to be a single layer.

I'd imagine splitting that layer into numerous responsive pieces would further and negatively impact increasing the furnishing limit.
    signing off
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    In order to be an on/off toggle, the grass and other ground vegetation has to be a single layer.

I'd imagine splitting that layer into numerous responsive pieces would further and negatively impact increasing the furnishing limit.

would that really? hmm I guess exclude console from this feature if its too bad of an impact
  • Aria_GuildDestroyer
    I would love to hide the giant bolder in the middle of the open area to the right when you first walk into Strident Springs Demesne. It's not off to the side, it's smack dab in the middle!
    Wabba-Jacked GM ~ completes end-game trial content.
    PC - NA
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    True
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I just hide all the grass. Yeah, I wind up putting a ton of plants into the yard so it doesn't feel empty, but I don't have grass poking through my benches and walkways either.

It's an inadequate solution, as you mentioned, but its been the best one for me.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The grass in houses like Autumn's Gate is out of control and you have to build pretty high platforms over it to place things like crafting stations. You would think with all the Argonians in the game one could find a decent lawn service!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The grass in houses like Autumn's Gate is out of control and you have to build pretty high platforms over it to place things like crafting stations. You would think with all the Argonians in the game one could find a decent lawn service!

Since they've been off fighting for the Pact, the lawns are staging a revolt. Quick, capture more Redguards and Khajiit.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ideally I would like to have the yard laid out in a grid. We would then get a few choices and select how we want each part of the grid to look. That way we could have a garden area and a manicured lawn perhaps. If that causes too much impact on the server then next best option let us choose an overall look for the outside. Groomed lawn, barren, overgrown and maybe a couple of other choices.

Also let me nail down that board that sticks up on my Sleek Creek porch. Someone is going to trip on that go over the rail hit their head on a rock and drown.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    This is a simple issue.
    The grass should not be clipping through placed objects.
    Could you poke the devs please?
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    TequilaFire is right. It is not a complicated issue. The grass should already not be clipping thru the objects. i have played other games where it did not. In fact is has always been considered broken when it did clip thru. And yeah it annoying the hell of out me, you and a few thousand other people who never post. Items going thur the walls of the house to outside should not be happening either. Clipping is a problem gamewide on many objects. Not just grass. For some reason they were not designed to stop clipping. Which seems a very weird thing to do. No idea why they would do that but they did. I would really appreciate it if they would flx clipping period.Some of it has to do with item collision. Thanks a lot, really.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    This is a simple issue.
    The grass should not be clipping through placed objects.
    Could you poke the devs please?
    TequilaFire is right. It is not a complicated issue. The grass should already not be clipping thru the objects. i have played other games where it did not. In fact is has always been considered broken when it did clip thru. And yeah it annoying the hell of out me, you and a few thousand other people who never post. Items going thur the walls of the house to outside should not be happening either. Clipping is a problem gamewide on many objects. Not just grass. For some reason they were not designed to stop clipping. Which seems a very weird thing to do. No idea why they would do that but they did. I would really appreciate it if they would flx clipping period.Some of it has to do with item collision. Thanks a lot, really.

@ZOS_GinaBruno wed like your housing team to consider this update