Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Crash on startup

dutchinchicago
I have been trying to get the game to start all day but no luck so far. When I hit play on the launcher nothing happens for about a minute and then I get a "We're sorry. The Elder Scrolls Online has quit unexpectedly". I have a pretty vanilla install. Windows 8 & steam. Nothing else (apart from anti virus) is installed on my machine. The machine is less than 6 months old.

I tried rebooting, re-installing, disabling anti virus and running as admin but nothing has worked so far.

I was really looking forward to this game.

Does anyone have any other ideas what I can do to try to get the game to start?

Does anyone else experience this crash?
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try repairing, though it probably won't do anything if you already reinstalled already.
    Then contact ZOS customer support.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • dutchinchicago
    I contacted ZOS support this morning but no reply yet. I assume they are a bit busy this close to launch.

How do I do a repair? I tried the game consultant but it says that there are no problems.
  • dutchinchicago
    Running in xp compatibility mode works but not it says that my account is not permissioned.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "not permissioned" line usually indicates that you're not on a valid account. Are you supposed to be in the 5-day Early Access group? Or the 3-day?
    ----
    Murray?
  • dutchinchicago
    My bad. I should have gone for the 5 day but I bought the three day. I will wait two more days but the important part is that running in xp compatibility mode gets rid of the startup crash.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah! Another neon betty netch answering questions!
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »
    Ah! Another neon betty netch answering questions!

I was so sure I'd be the only person ridiculous enough to pick this avatar.
    ----
    Murray?