The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Cannot buy from Faustina Curio

HappyElephant
HappyElephant
✭✭✭
The blue and purple Morrowind furnishing plans from Faustina Curio are locked. Is there a quest line that I need to complete?
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes you must finish 100 sealed writs!
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think @Azurya is correct... I have a crafter with only 75 master writs complete and she can buy from Faustina. Now, you won't be able to buy Morrowind furnishing documents without the Voice of the Failed Incarnates achivement. Which means you have to do the MOrrowind questline.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on February 28, 2018 4:07PM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think @Azurya is correct... I have a crafter with only 75 master writs complete and she can buy from Faustina. Now, you won't be able to buy Morrowind furnishing documents without the Voice of the Failed Incarnates achivement. Which means you have to do the MOrrowind questline.

In other words you need to own the Morrowind content
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ this.

This is the intro quest I believe for Vvardenfell. So even if you own Morrowind, if you haven't completed the quest required to get this achievement, you won't be able to access the plans on that character. Might be confusing for people who don't actively play game content with their master crafter.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

^^^ this.

This is the intro quest I believe for Vvardenfell. So even if you own Morrowind, if you haven't completed the quest required to get this achievement, you won't be able to access the plans on that character. Might be confusing for people who don't actively play game content with their master crafter.

Voice of the Failed Incarnates is a little ways into the main quest, so not the first quest. Thus, you must own Morrowind and play several quests into the main storyline to get the achievement on the character who is purchasing the Morrowind documents.

The other furnishing plans - the gold ones that are old Rolis plans - can be purchased after you complete 100 Master Writs.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

^^^ this.

Voice of the Failed Incarnates is a little ways into the main quest, so not the first quest. Thus, you must own Morrowind and play several quests into the main storyline to get the achievement on the character who is purchasing the Morrowind documents.

The other furnishing plans - the gold ones that are old Rolis plans - can be purchased after you complete 100 Master Writs.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. My crafter is also my main, so I've done the entire Morrowind story, couldn't remember when I acquired that particular achievement. Also on console, so I wasn't able to get the update completed before my bedtime last night to explore the new features. Pretty sure I've done well over 100 master writs though, so I'm sure I'll be spending vouchers like a fool tonight! LOL!
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^^^ this.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. My crafter is also my main, so I've done the entire Morrowind story, couldn't remember when I acquired that particular achievement. Also on console, so I wasn't able to get the update completed before my bedtime last night to explore the new features. Pretty sure I've done well over 100 master writs though, so I'm sure I'll be spending vouchers like a fool tonight! LOL!

Yeah...my main character is also my main crafter and I completed MW quite a while ago. But when reading "Voice of the Failed Incarnates" (which someone posted earlier) I recalled that it's the quest where you go to the cave to talk to Azura and the failed incarnates. :)

I had over 3000 vouchers saved, so I purchased 56 purple MW documents and one storage chest. :D I got 12 duplicates (some were dupes of plans I had been lucky enough to find earlier), so not too bad. Got a couple of things I really wanted - a Dres screen (actually got 2 of the three kinds) and one of the Indoril sconces. Those are the things I need to finish up my MW houses and I didn't want to have to buy any more from other players (I've spent way too much gold on furniture at the guild traders, but I've made a few players rich!).

As of last night when I logged off, I sold three of the dupes.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 28, 2018 9:11PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ this.

Yeah...my main character is also my main crafter and I completed MW quite a while ago. But when reading "Voice of the Failed Incarnates" (which someone posted earlier) I recalled that it's the quest where you go to the cave to talk to Azura and the failed incarnates. :)

I had over 3000 vouchers saved, so I purchased 56 purple MW documents and one storage chest. :D I got 12 duplicates (some were dupes of plans I had been lucky enough to find earlier), so not too bad. Got a couple of things I really wanted - a Dres screen (actually got 2 of the three kinds) and one of the Indoril sconces. Those are the things I need to finish up my MW houses and I didn't want to have to buy any more from other players (I've spent way too much gold on furniture at the guild traders, but I've made a few players rich!).

As of last night when I logged off, I sold three of the dupes.

You still asking pre-DLC price for the dupes? Asking for a friend... ;)
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I'm charging less. I perused the traders in Mournhold to get a general sense of pricing. Many were at 300k, but then less all the way down to around 100K.

I'm not in a major guild, so I put some up for 100K-200K. Only one at 200K (the telvanni bookcase, iirc). I sold the telvanni end table for 150K and the telvanni sconce, azure for 175K. The other item I think was the indoril candle for 150K.

I don't want to run afoul of derailing this thread by straying off-topic, so I just wanted to add that the requirements for purchasing any of the locked content should be displayed at the vendor, just as it is displayed at other achievement vendors through the game. Remember, she is the Achievement Mediator, so all her items will require an achievement to purchase.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am correct!
    My main has done all achievments concerning the Morrowind-chapter
    she just had done 98 writs and most was red when she visited Mrs. Curio first time in STORMHAVEN!
    (I really don´t know if it is in other places different!)
    she made the last 2 writs required, handed those in to Mr. Hlaalu and got the 100 writ achievment and was able to buy with Mrs. Curio, who still looks like she ate something soured.
    and yes I did it to get the bathtubeplan, which I failed to get earlier!
    Edited by Azurya on March 1, 2018 7:18AM
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    On xbox I need to do 100 Master Writs Achievement before I can buy most things from her so I think the 75 is definitely wrong. Sadly I'm only on 58 but I have got a couple of Alchemy/Enchanting ones that should get me into the 60's.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Master Crafter is getting a inferiority complex, has all the required achievements yet hears the same turn down message as if does not. Being an Orc they ignore it and make the purchase anyway. I just think she is an elitist and has a thing against Orcs.

Does the NPC voice comments change for anyone else?
    Edited by Grimm13 on March 7, 2018 6:14AM
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    My Master Crafter is getting a inferiority complex, has all the required achievements yet hears the same turn down message as if does not. Being an Orc they ignore it and make the purchase anyway. I just think she is an elitist and has a thing against Orcs.

Guys - that's just what she says( "go away") - you can still open the store menu. Even my 100 master writ characters get that message. Did you not even try to open the store? Also, yes, she sells things that require the Unsurpassed crafter achievement...but you can buy Morrowind documents as long as you have the proper achivement, you don't need 100 master writs TOO. SO yes, you CAN buy from her with less than 100 completed.

Also, you can buy storage chests as long as you have the vouchers to do so, no requirements necessary.

So, 100 master writs is ONLY required for the older Masterwork recipes.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on March 7, 2018 3:24PM
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Guys - that's just what she says( "go away") - you can still open the store menu. Even my 100 master writ characters get that message. Did you not even try to open the store? Also, yes, she sells things that require the Unsurpassed crafter achievement...but you can buy Morrowind documents as long as you have the proper achivement, you don't need 100 master writs TOO. SO yes, you CAN buy from her with less than 100 completed.

Also, you can buy storage chests as long as you have the vouchers to do so, no requirements necessary.

So, 100 master writs is ONLY required for the older Masterwork recipes.

Yes I did try as I said my Orc ignores her and makes the purchase anyway. I just find it odd that her dialog does not update when you have all the achievements that she requires.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ... I just find it odd that her dialog does not update when you have all the achievements that she requires.

More like really really REALLY poor dialogue choices on the designers part.