Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 - Game is lagging / delayed movement speed, social text delays etc? Help?!

WhoSlappedThePie
WhoSlappedThePie
✭✭✭
Hi,

Does anybody else have this or have seen this happen before? Every so often, it seems to be becoming more frequent, the game freezes, movement speed is slowed, text chat is slowed, everything takes longer to respond, skills don't work at the right time, microphone doesn't pick up and is laggy?

I've speedtest.net my internet connection when this happens and that all works fine, low 15ms ping, great download/upload so it can't be my internet? I've not noticed this on any other game? It's realllllly bad with ESO, unplayable at these times for like 5 minutes... It's getting to the point where I just want to quit now.

Any help would be appreciated?
"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
Magsorc Breton
Magblade Darkelf
Stam DK Redguard
Healer Templar High Elf
Tank DK Argonian
Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Help? There is no help for this. These issues exist since console launch. There are times where it is a bit better but then comes a new update and everything is worse again.

Take me as an example: perfectly fine internet connection (LAN) and I still get disconnected 4-5 times a day. Then there are the usual lags (mostly in PvP) and some crashes to Home as well... I am dealing with this for months now and especially the disconnects are really turning me away from ESO although I don't want this to happen. It's just nerve-racking when a great game gets worse due to it's technical problems.

(PS4 Pro EU)
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 7, 2018 9:27AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I feel alone with this issue sometimes. It is not in PvP, I'm testing on a dummy, just moving around and it lags frequently. I feel like where I don' thave any support, do I have to buy a new PS4? Do I have to buy a copy of the game?

The support from zos is absolute garbage and with a lack of response or any kind of information it forces me to think about spending hundreds of pounds to try to recitfy. If this won't fix it, then I won't buy it. But I'm goign to probably quit the damn game soon, it's too much time wasted on this ***.

@ZOS_MichaelM @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_AlanG @ZOS_AJ @ZOS_AmeliaR @ZOS_Abdu @ZOS_AlexD @ZOS_aoliver @ZOS_BreylinI @ZOS_Brett @ZOS_BradL @ZOS_CollinG @ZOS_CarolusS

Any of you? Do I have to tag all of you to get a response? Any of you can confirm if with the issue here I should buy a new PS4 or buy a new copy of the game?

» Lagging constantly.
    » Movement delay
    » Skill delay and lag
    » Text delay
    » Audio microphone delay , lag , incoherent to others

What do you suggest? Do you see this issue alot? I've ran a speedtest and nothing so my question: Should I spend hundreds on a new PS4? Will that work? Or will I waste more of my damn money?

Note: This has not happened until the last couple of weeks. Up until then it was fine. WHY!
    Edited by WhoSlappedThePie on March 7, 2018 9:36AM

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like High ping problem related to your internet provider, High speed internet does not mean low latency . I can perfectly play EsO from my SIM Card internet with only 100kb/s download and upload speed cuz my PING to almost all of Europe countries is below 40 ms (16 ping is the avarage) .
    And no i dont mean Solo play and 4 man content i Play BGs and Cyrodiil .
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    Sounds like High ping problem related to your internet provider, High speed internet does not mean low latency . I can perfectly play EsO from my SIM Card internet with only 100kb/s download and upload speed cuz my PING to almost all of Europe countries is below 40 ms (16 ping is the avarage) .

So how do I check where the problem is with my internet? Everything else runs fine? When I search the internet at the time there are no delays, when I run a speedtest everything is fine. The issue is inside ESO? You are telling me that is my internet provider? When nothing else is affected i.e. internet browsing (laptop or phone), speedtest results are fine..? 16 ping / ms

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »

So how do I check where the problem is with my internet? Everything else runs fine? When I search the internet at the time there are no delays, when I run a speedtest everything is fine. The issue is inside ESO? You are telling me that is my internet provider? When nothing else is affected i.e. internet browsing (laptop or phone), speedtest results are fine..? 16 ping / ms

It's neither your provider nor your connection when everything else works as intented. This issues are on ZOS (servers).
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 7, 2018 12:02PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah sucks man. Spend so muhc money on this company. Thinking I should just quit really... i wasted so much time last night trying to play but had constant lag spikes. Pathetic !!!

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the bones update I have noticed a delay or stutter every time a notification like the item counter when crafting something for example on PS4.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only time I notice bad stuff is when my staff runs out of charge or someone leaves or gets booted from a guild.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday long loading times whenever I ported anywhere and many over world loading screens. Not in cyro either.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the bones update I have noticed a delay or stutter every time a notification like the item counter when crafting something for example on PS4.

Yes! This is something new to me. When I get a level up the game starts to lag. I don't know if it's the level advisor or something else but this never happened to me before (PS4 Pro).
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many of you use a physical copy of the game? I rarely have any problems like what was stated above.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Rapids not working for me to. (says it is, but it's not.)
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    ARGH i can't play this game anymore. I try to do something and it just freezes or it gives me the disconnect "unable to connect" constantly. The freezing/lagging is making it unplayable. I really am close to quitting this game...
    Edited by WhoSlappedThePie on March 14, 2018 9:10AM

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

• doddboy25
    doddboy25
    ✭✭
    I am having the same issues.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has definitely gotten exponentially worse since Summerset. Getting absolutely horrific freezes (in fact, 2 minutes ago I had to hard reset because the freeze was permanent).

I don't think it's just normal lag due to traffic either - I was in a low population zone, it was 7:50am EST and there is hardly anyone else online. This is something in the coding.
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    I rarely have any of this issue never in pve but after summerset yyup im getting it now. Morrowind was smooth release but summerset lag, freezes etc. But not horribly bad. My main issue is the sound glitch cant stand it.
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    I PvP mostly, and in Cyrodiil the lag is unbearable. Knocked down a door to a keep, and couldn’t get in. There was literally no door, but my character hit a “wall” like the door was still up. Then I permafroze and had to close app. Come back and I’m dead at the door but couldn’t revive anywhere. Had to close app. Then I permafroze on “Requesting Character Load”. Closed app, put in God of War and had zero problems. I’m pretty disappointed that I just purchased 3 months of ESO+ and also spent $40 on Summerset and can’t even play the damn game. I won’t spend another dime on this game. Can’t wait for RDR2!!

EDIT: I play on a PS4 Pro. Average of 20 ping, 80mb Download and 18mb Upload. It’s not a problem with my Internet.
    Edited by zacvanm on June 10, 2018 1:39AM
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone experiencing stuttering and freezing issues since the Summerset update, we have improvements coming in the next console update to help with these performance issues. You can find more information here. As there are already multiple threads on this topic, we are closing this one. Please use this thread for further commentary.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.