The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Unique "Furnishing" that lets us place our Characters inside our House

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This is mostly to support the ability to take "family photos" of sorts. The Furnishing would be an NPC version of our Character's bodies, and like assistants they can be placed anywhere in our Homes. If we log onto one character, then that character's furnishing remains unrendered if we enter the house, so there's no doubles.

You can place them like they're doing chores around the house, or place them upon a stage or pedestal as monuments to your greatness for your Guilds to come visit and witness your many likenesses all at once.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Kitsusan
    Kitsusan
    ✭✭
    I love this idea! I feel lonely in my house sometimes (until the banker starts talking and scares the wits out of me). :)
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To add to this, whilst we're dreaming here, I'd love it if pets could wander just a bit. And being able to take the tack off one's mounts whilst they are at their ease. Perhaps they could move about a bit as well. Just a small area, maybe the equivalent of a few meters.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Finnisterre
    Finnisterre
    ✭✭✭
    After seeing some of the great group photos people have created by stitching screenshots together, it would be amazing to be able to place your characters in your houses.

These big empty houses feel incredibly empty right now, and placing characters would help them feel less like mausoleums. In a perfect world, I'd love to see something like the system from Skyrim, where house NPCs can wander around and use objects.
    To add to this, whilst we're dreaming here, I'd love it if pets could wander just a bit. And being able to take the tack off one's mounts whilst they are at their ease. Perhaps they could move about a bit as well. Just a small area, maybe the equivalent of a few meters.

Seconded. Especially an option to toggle tack appearances on/off for mounts in your homes.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this idea. I want them to be sitting, but if they're standing it would be great for a family portrait screenshot, like you said. I wish we would be able to toggle them for "sitting" or "standing" so we could do both.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This won't end well. Too much self love :D
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    This is mostly to support the ability to take "family photos" of sorts. The Furnishing would be an NPC version of our Character's bodies, and like assistants they can be placed anywhere in our Homes. If we log onto one character, then that character's furnishing remains unrendered if we enter the house, so there's no doubles.

You can place them like they're doing chores around the house, or place them upon a stage or pedestal as monuments to your greatness for your Guilds to come visit and witness your many likenesses all at once.

and give them tons of idle animations, customizable!!!

yes pls!!!
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please. Also concur with idle animations.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would crowns for this.
  • BladedMischief
    BladedMischief
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I like this idea. It’d be nice to have my other characters wandering around the house a little. It’d add more life to the homes.
    I would definitely be willing to pay crowns for this.
    ~We're a community of adventurers. No matter which banner we fight under~
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Unique "Furnishing" that lets us place our Characters inside our House
    I dislike the idea as home furnishings... I mean, characters ought to be characters, not mannikins.
    If anything should be added to our houses in the way of personell, it ought to be NPC servants: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4888637#Comment_4888637

...that being said... it -would- be nifty to have the option for a "family portrait". Maybe not as home furnishing, but... as a seperate game feature?
    Say, a stage like in a theater, where you can place all your characters as they appear on the selection screen in various poses (standing, sitting, lazing on the ground, etc.), add props (like with the furnishing system, but since you only visit the "stage" for a photo, you might gain access to loads of stuff you do not actually own for your own home - which would double as a chance to 'preview' some of the rarer or more costly furnishings before you buy them...), change the backdrop and lighting, etc. and then take the picture... and save the whole stage setup (with more stage setup save slots purchasable with crowns, in case you want to have multiples, like, say one for your EP characters, one for your DC, one for AD...) in case you want to retake it when your character "family" changes as you make a new alt, or get new looks for one of your old ones...

And then... save the "family portrait" not only as screenshot, but also within the game, allowing us to place the -portrait- in our homes if we so choose! As a picture on the wall, possibly with an "artsy" filter (oil painting, mosaic, water colors, van gogh style, whatever)... with more "slots" for "portraits" purchaeable in the crown store, each giving you one unique "painting" for your homes... up to a maximum of, say, twenty, meaning one per character, one per alliance, one for all and one to spare for something special...

-> look ZOS, I mentioned new stuff to sell in the crown store, there is profit to be made in this. Profit, I say! :p;)
    Kitsusan wrote: »
    I love this idea! I feel lonely in my house sometimes (until the banker starts talking and scares the wits out of me). :)
    Ah, but it could be SOOOO much worse...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-wZh4FyrWg
    :flushed::scream::p;)
    Indeed!

Should be doable, just let every pet come with an set-able "wandering area" they randomly might move around in...

And maybe have some "interaction triggers" with select furniture? A feeding bowl that a pet would go to nom a little, a pillow they might curl up on for a nap, a ball of yarn (you know the one) or chew toy they might play with, etc.

And yeah, definitely remove the saddles and such from the poor mounts while in their stables...
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frankly I wouldnt want this feature if my characters are just gonna stand still like lifeless mannequins. That would creep me the hell out
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about being able to place them in bed, asleep? That's a fairly realistic analogue of having a different character active. You might need more beds, or very friendly characters ...